Anger problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Anger problems

Okay, so about 10 minutes ago my mother came into my room. Angry as normal, cause i missed that i wouöd've stopped being on my computer for about 30 Minutes ago. So, she says that i will just be allowed to play 2 hours everyday. And that might not sound to horrible, but here comes the part why i am typing this.

My mother, she's angry on me almost everytime i see her, like when she comes home she barely says hi to me and shes just mad on me, the only times she comes into my room is when shes going to shout and scream at me for not doing what i should've done that day, or been playing for 5 minutes too long or maybe just went up to my room without barely saying hi too her. Sometimes she even get mad at me for not saying hi to my ltitle brother when he's saying hi to me, but sometimes i simply can't hear him saying high cause i'm too into other stuff at that very moment as he also have problems with his speech cause he's an autist.

Most of the times she's mad cause i don't take responsibility just cause i'm on my computer too much. But, i have always and i mean ALWAYS had problems taking responsibility. And i have the last months started too take responsibility more and more, and that's just very hard for me, i usually forgets things very much which for exanple might be that i forgot doing the dishes (Which i usually do) Or stop playing 9AM.

So all of this usually makes me incredibly angry on her aswell but i simply can't say it to her so i just keep crying and crying. And sometimes in my mind i have the thoughts of stabbing her cause i'm mad or just beating her up. So i'm actually afraid that oe day i will one of those two things just cause i'm so angry at her.

Anyone here have any advice of how i could let my actuall anger out on her without being, first upright mean to her. And second not trying to beat her up?

I don't have an idea why i can't let my anger on her out but i simply can't it's like it's impossible. My father keeps telling me that letting your rage out or just letting every single of my thoughts out is much easier. And he's a therapist. Why can't i just listen too him?

Instead of letting all of this out on my mother i let it all out on my friends by being mad at them and hitting them in school and such, it's just amazing that they can live with me being all mean to them all the time.

And maybe i'm just overreacting, i don't know. But i really need help right now.
    • Talk to her....sort this think out and tell her how you feel. I have felt this way before but I never go off on my parents I let it go by and act like its nothing. I can see you ae really mad right nw and I can see that but you should talk it out with your mother try to bond mother son bond thing you could say idk....thats the best I got it may not have been helpful but you could at least give it a try...

Symmetry is Everything ~Death the Kid
    • I'd say talk to your dad so he can make your mom calm down.

And also, see if you can get something like a punching bag/boxing bag whatever term you are familiar with and you can let your anger out on that if you have to. Or you could simply vent in your head while doing dishes or other chores you got going on.

If nothing helps, try to be as good as you can when it comes to taking responsibility and she might change her behavior.

Good luck.
      "I've begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it."
      "When this paper aeroplane leaves the cliff edge, and carves parallel vapour trails in the dark, we will come together."
    • NicksterGamer wrote:

Talk to her....sort this think out and tell her how you feel. I have felt this way before but I never go off on my parents I let it go by and act like its nothing. I can see you ae really mad right nw and I can see that but you should talk it out with your mother try to bond mother son bond thing you could say idk....thats the best I got it may not have been helpful but you could at least give it a try...
      Talking to her simply doesn't work but thank you anyway.

toji wrote:

I'd say talk to your dad so he can make your mom calm down.

And also, see if you can get something like a punching bag/boxing bag whatever term you are familiar with and you can let your anger out on that if you have to. Or you could simply vent in your head while doing dishes or other chores you got going on.

If nothing helps, try to be as good as you can when it comes to taking responsibility and she might change her behavior.

Good luck.
      Well, a boxing bag hasn't been coming to my mind. But talking to my dad, i have tried that and he basically didn't care cause i guess he thinks i'm overreacting. And i have big problems taking responsibility as i said, doesn't matter how hard i try. I think at the night sometimes, tommorow i will try to work in school, do my chores when i come home and such. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK and it's so extremely frustrating!

Thanks alot from both of ya! :)
    • create a routine for your days, a simple calender of what to do at what times, set alarms to remind you to come off the computer or whatever, it will help you organise your life and take more responsibility.
      As far as anger management goes; martial arts, gyms and sports are a good way to vent anger. Martial arts especially will teach you discipline which helps a lot towards getting better at being more responsible.
      We used to wrestle Hunters to the ground with our bare hands! I used to kill ten, twenty a day, just using my fists!
    • Let's relate your problem into enthalpy. Enthalpy is a chemical measurement of how much disorder there is in a chemical system. Naturally, all systems will always proceed towards higher disorder regardless of what's in the system. This is a property of matter that cannot be avoided.
      For humans, maintaining low enthalpy is a much-needed process. If the disorder gets too high in our cells, then all the important molecules we need are broken down into high-disordered molecules.
      To stop this from happening, cells need to take in energy to prevent this from happening. In other words, in order to maintain low disorder, you need to input energy into the system.
      Relating back to the subject at hand, as long as you just continue doing what you're doing now (i.e. ignoring responsibilities, ignoring others, etc.), the amount of disorder in your life will increase. You have to put some conviction behind your intent to change. If you just simply say 'I'm going to take more responsibility' while doing nothing to change, then you haven't really inputted energy into your system.
      Set alarms for your allotted computer time.
      Spend more time with your brother and get more friendly with him. Over time, you won't even need to think about saying 'hi' to him when you see him, you'll just instinctively do it. Tell your mother a joke (that is parent friendly) at random times of the day; it'll lighten up her mood.
      Spend some time to reflect on your life and think of other ways you can input energy into your system.