Anyone else having youtube video issues?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Anyone else having youtube video issues?

For the last few days now, videos I've been trying to watch just won't play in some manner.
    I use google chrome. I've tried restarting my browser. I've restarted my computer. I can't like, reset chrome as there's no option to. So I could re-install it but then I have to save my bookmarks and remember passwords again XD

The videos play for a certain amount of time sometimes but then suddenly stop completely. No buffering, no playing. Nothing at all.
    Other times I get "An error occurred" My internet is not bad, 60mb and during peak hours it's like 20-30.
    In fact right now I'm on

Anyone know a solution to this or experiencing the same issues?
    I baked you a cookie. But then I thought, "Better not". So I ate it. You're welcome!

• Consider yourself lucky Ossy cause the bug I suddenly started having yersterday is totaly ******** **** ********. :cursing:

Check this out, so I upload a video and then I can't do nothing with it. Can't edit title, description, monetize it, heck I can't even delete it.... Everythig I try simply returns me a lovely "Your settings could not be saved: Invalid request, authentication expired." error. ;(

The only small ray of sunshine is that this only seems to happen(for the moment) in one browser, my main browser... So after I upload a video I have to use IE(yuck!!) to do all that stuff.
    And I don't get wtf happened, nothing has changed, no browser updates, no new plugins, no new addons... Guess youtube just figured "Hey this guy doing too well, let's chop him down a notch."

Oh well, sorry for my rant, and don't worry Ossy I've encountered your problem on many occasions it will go away eventually. Here's hoping it goes away soon for you, wish you luck mate.
    Just waiting for the zombie apocalypse. :rolleyes:

Wanna check out my channel?
  • I've looked into the throttling thing, I don't believe my internet is. For one, when Philip DeFranco made a video about it, I tried the thing to stop the throttling. For another, I tried this thing "glastnost" I don't know if it's actually legit though but that came up with no anyway.
    I think it's just another damn youtube bug... One which I've been without for years and one which I wish never existed... It's such a pain to watch a video for like a few seconds up to a minute or two, then have to refresh the damn thing. Doesn't even starting playing, I have to refresh numerous bloody times.
    I baked you a cookie. But then I thought, "Better not". So I ate it. You're welcome!

• Maybe it's the flash player?

I heard that when youtube videos download they take up a lot of space in your flash player. You can however clear that and fix this problem by going here:

macromedia.com/support/documen…p/settings_manager07.html

Step 1: Delete all websites
    Step 2: Slide the bar to the right till you see unlimited

And that's what I did. I cleared my browser cookies and cache. It worked perfectly fine when i solved the problem myself. Hope this helps! :D
  • @PewBroHorror

That MAY have actually worked.
    I've only watched one video so far and I don't have much time to try another, got to go to work in a bit -.- But that may have worked.
    So if so, THANK YOU SO BLOODY MUCH!
    If not, was worth a shot... XD

• It would seem FireFox has the same issue... Not sure if this is Flash or YouTube at this point XD I can watch videos in full though, not constantly but most of the time thanks to that link. But as I said, it's a temporary fix :c