Why I think PewDiePie is not a good youtuber, and what is generally bad with the ''bro army''

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Noirproxy wrote:

That is because we care about him, he is a Youtuber like us.

Eh, i don't really know if i can call myself Youtuber.. :p
    But jokes apart, i agree with what you guys said.

Xebaz wrote:

This is actually very true, I agree fully with your points. The "Bro-army" is in most cases horrible, Felix himself isn't the bad person here and just does what his "fans" want too because he wants to make them happy. But it just ends it being same thing over and over again. The "Bro-army" is one if not the worst youtube fanbase I've been involved in and I'm saying this as a friends of Felix. I'm probably gonna be hated for his here even as a "Super moderator" But I don't care anymore It's finally out. You guys are annoying as ****. (This is not said for every "fan" of Felix, there are some people out there that aren't like the rest and I can actually "respect" a bit or even like, but happens very rarely.)

Said enough, folk. I think it's fair enough. And don't get me wrong, alright? I think criticism is sometimes annoying as fuck..
    But if you don't respect the others decisions, how could you expect to be respected back, right?
    And some people don't even criticize, they're there to just make jokes and spam with them, with some hope or getting attemption, maybe? Idk what use they got for it, maybe entertainment, but i could be wrong. :p
    Whatever, criticism is criticism; jokes are jokes. Good criticism doesn't really need to agree with whatever you do, but if it has some basis, you know.. That's a completely different thing.
  • NuMetalWolf wrote:

Noirproxy wrote:

That is because we care about him, he is a Youtuber like us.

Eh, i don't really know if i can call myself Youtuber.. :p
    But jokes apart, i agree with what you guys said.

Xebaz wrote:

This is actually very true, I agree fully with your points. The "Bro-army" is in most cases horrible, Felix himself isn't the bad person here and just does what his "fans" want too because he wants to make them happy. But it just ends it being same thing over and over again. The "Bro-army" is one if not the worst youtube fanbase I've been involved in and I'm saying this as a friends of Felix. I'm probably gonna be hated for his here even as a "Super moderator" But I don't care anymore It's finally out. You guys are annoying as ****. (This is not said for every "fan" of Felix, there are some people out there that aren't like the rest and I can actually "respect" a bit or even like, but happens very rarely.)

Said enough, folk. I think it's fair enough. And don't get me wrong, alright? I think criticism is sometimes annoying as fuck! But if you don't respect the others decisions, how could you expect to be respected back, right?

It's not that I don't respect people it's just they lose my respect rather quickly when they talk to me when they are.
  • Xebaz wrote:

It's not that I don't respect people it's just they lose my respect rather quickly when they talk to me when they are.

I didn't say you did not, miss. However, if people threat you like that, maybe they just need some mind training before they could start working on their criticism, don't you think?
    Otherwise, if they don't agree with you just because "you s*ck", then.. F*ck them. :/
    No seriously, don't waste your time trying to help people like that to understand what you said, even if all you can get from them is "what?! wha're you saying, buffoon? I dont get what you say? F*** you. I dont wanna listen to you"...
    The ignorance of the human being... :p
  • How pewdiepie made up this idea of his fans voting the game he should play, it shouldnt be all about the fans you know... it should be about pewdie as well, Pewdie should play the games he likes, and that game should also be enjoyable to watch(For fans), but the way i see it hes just playing what the fans wants him too, if you ask me i havnt been watching all of his episodes...

because some of them are extremely boring to watch he should consult with his fans about the game that he would play. not just following the amount of voting....
  • Deadslash wrote:

How pewdiepie made up this idea of his fans voting the game he should play, it shouldnt be all about the fans you know... it should be about pewdie as well, Pewdie should play the games he likes, and that game should also be enjoyable to watch(For fans), but the way i see it hes just playing what the fans wants him too, if you ask me i havnt been watching all of his episodes...

because some of them are extremely boring to watch he should consult with his fans about the game that he would play. not just following the amount of voting....

It's basically the same idea as before about Youtubers: don't let people get too much over you, otherwise they'll take over your channel and just do whatever they want. You should remember at times that it's you who's doing all the hard work in there, all by yourself. Of course, too much egoism wouldn't help you see the point of balance but, it's for you to stop and think about things before just playing them.
    For example, if people ask you a game you don't feel well playing, then you should not. You're not forced to play whatever they want. However, if you play a game that you like very much, well, not all of them would like it as well, but there are some around who would still appreciate your videos.
    And maybe it's not just about the game after all. Maybe they could also appreciate the way you make your videos too. Not all of them, but still some people. If you do some commentaries, perhaps, and even accompain the story of the game and try to understand it, and explain it in a way that people may also understand as well, they may like it, and even support you. However, it's a matter of balance.
  • PewDiePie has evolved a little bit and I will always respect him for everything he does. It's not the WHOLE Bro Army that is bad. I am a normal person. I realize the truth: Not everyone will love PewDiePie. It isn't possible. I only reply to comments that have "go die of a** cancer" or similar as they go against my code of morality. I am logical and don't yell or curse. I ALWAYS report trolls and haters as spam also. Felix is a great person.
    A quote from Persona 4::

Naoto Shirogane (about Taro Namatame) : "How solid is his grasp on reality?"

I :love: my Fiance <3
  • Thank God. Someone with sense. The "Bro-army" are obsessed with Felix in, quite literally EVERYTHING he says, no matter how innapropriate or repeated it may be. His humor had jokes now and then. It's just unfortunate that the minority of noticable "BROS" worship felix as if we were in the Third Reich again.
    But the large majority looks down upon Felix's radical fans. As i shall quote from Encyclopedia dramatica....

"His "fanbase" consists of white knight children. Somewhere along the search for an adult role model, these children's insatiable desire for felix takes over and these children call themselves the "Bro Army," or "Bros," and his they WILL find anything he says because they will find anything funny. Anything. "

~Extract from Encyclopedia Dramatica

OP, theawfultruth, you spoke such true words you should rename yourself TheAlmightyTruth
    Peace
    TL;DR?
    My reaction to your statement:

• Reading this i see valid points, Hes not a bad youtuber seems like he enjoys doing it i mean who doesnt, Its fun to play games and share your experiences with others. However its a shame that the young audience who do take it too far ruin it for everyone else by flaming people who say things negatively about him even if its constructive criticism, Although in the end this in the internet of course theres gonna be people like that and there always will be.
  • My least liked aspect in PewDiePie's videos is not how PewDie jokes are repetitive, but how frequently he jokes around, even if it does not fit. For example, jokes about period on "Witch House"' most tensional moments were extremely inappropriate and rather distractive. That makes him look like a 11-years old person, even thought he is extremely intelligent.

While I do understand that YouTube has terrible audience and most of his viewers watch him only to have a cheap laugh on his rape jokes, Felix should not be making videos only to please the majority of his viewers, either.
  • It isn't internet. It is people. Remove all those imature people and see what remains? Internet.
    No fanboys, nor fangirls, nor even trolls. Just internet, and the mature-minded ones who survived..
  • I respect your thinking.

It's just that your opinion is completely subjective. There is no "good" or "bad" youtuber. Literally. You can say that a flashlight is better than another flashlight because it uses less batteries, or that it has a longer lasting light, that I'll give you. But saying that a youtube is bad is purely preference because of biased opionons or thoughts. Youtubers DONT need to evolve to technically become a good youtuber. Just food for thought.

I wont talk about the bro army but I just thought I would say that part.