School and Why are People so Cruel?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• School and Why are People so Cruel?

Recently I have been noticing how cruel and thoughtless everyone at school is. I see people just being jerks at any chance they can get. They will pick on anyone they can just to raise their self esteem. Yes I'm talking of the Populars, Jocks, Drama Queens, and the plain all around fools and morons. What are your opinions on these people? Have they been picking on you? They will sometimes even resort to ridiculing me since I'm so quite and I have no athletic ability. I even wrote a poem about them and my social life. But I am really terrible at poetry.

My Life
      My mind goes to darker thoughts because theirs have none.
      I shut up and hope that they will follow.
      I say nothing because they say too much.
      I do not harm because they do without regret.
      I do not play sports because that is all they can.
      I excel in school because thats where they will fail.
      I hope for better since they will probably never.

So just give me your opinion on these type of people. And thank you Bros.
      Swiggity sweager und wir Sind die jäger

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chips ().

• To me, people who are cruel/bully's are being that way because when they were little, they got picked on by a bully as well! Now I have been picked on by bully's before, but now almost everyone at my school knows me so they don't pick on me, but joke with me. I'm not popular, just everyone knows me. Sometimes, I feel like that when someone says a joke that I don't take a s a joke and I get mad. Then I think of how I embarrass myself everyday (i don't know, i do embarrassed myself almost everyday and I don't care) I also think of this funny thing I saw before and it gets my happiness built back up... Also your poem was good in my opinion... :D

Symmetry is Everything ~Death the Kid
    • This may sound cruel to you, but it's true.

One person cannot change the opinion of hundreds of others if the current opinion is standard.

Everyone acts like a jackass to someone else, that why people think of it this way.

Just let it slide. Nothing you can really do about it now.
    • VatiWah wrote:

I think every institution is like that to be honest.. you will have haters.

Haters gotta hate. I wear my K-On anime necktie like a bro at school. They be jelly.

Cute! ^^

NicksterGamer wrote:

To me, people who are cruel/bully's are being that way because when they were little, they got picked on by a bully as well! Now I have been picked on by bully's before, but now almost everyone at my school knows me so they don't pick on me, but joke with me. I'm not popular, just everyone knows me. Sometimes, I feel like that when someone says a joke that I don't take as a joke and I get mad. Then I think of how I embarrass myself everyday (i don't know, i do embarrassed myself almost everyday and I don't care) I also think of this funny thing I saw before and it gets my happiness built back up... Also your poem was good in my opinion... :D

Hey, i can relate to that, except for the part of feeling embarassed about it. I mean, i used to feel this way in my former grades, but my mind has changed since then, and i seriously do not give a crap nowadays..
      I'm also not popular but many people still know me, nevertheless i still prefer being alone very often, rather than being with classmates.. Even if they're people of my class.. I'm very different from them, specially in my perspective and ideologies... So no.. Not that i mind having friends, as i still have you guys here but, i can still be on my own, you know..

NZ Stephano wrote:

This may sound cruel to you, but it's true.

One person cannot change the opinion of hundreds of others if the current opinion is standard.

Everyone acts like a jackass to someone else, that why people think of it this way.

Just let it slide. Nothing you can really do about it now.

I disagree with you.
      The "standard" opinion is not meant to be true, even for you. Specially for you.
      People's got opinions. THAT will never change. But since there are many people with different ways of thinking, they try to find something that could satisfy most of them at the same time, as an interception between ideas, and so they end standardizing it.
      It's always like this, or at least most of times.. They always look at the majority. But you, as an individual, have all the right to choose, and even follow your ideas, rather than standardized decisions. You still have your ideas, and all the right to follow then separatedly, even if it means isolation.
      True fact is, you may not be able to change the standard, nor even the others' opinions. However.. It doesn't mean you have to follow them, either way.

The post was edited 2 times, last by NuMetalWolf ().

• People go through different things in life, so there are those who are cruel and barbaric (not in a literal sense, ok maybe a little) towards others. It's all to do with the experience. I say that because everyone experiences many things both similar and different from one another and experience always shows you something in order to for you to continue living.

What these people experience are a balance between good and bad. There are those who believe that they are the better person only because they have a better life than others. They think that people should see them as the better "being" because they have it all, good life, good looks, whatever it is that they have. These people don't know how others have suffered through their life and only look down on them because they believe that they will never experience such hardships in life. These people are "Born Lucky" as some would say because they have had the hardships in life taken care of for them however, I cannot say for certain, but I do believe that many of them would definitely find hardship at some point and they will see that not everything will go their way.

And when there is those who feel too good, there are those who have the hardships in life bring about illusions in their life. I say illusion because these people believe that the things they do make them better when in reality it doesn't. They have had harsh experiences and they try to make things better for themselves but then they believe they can't so they use alternative means to make things better for them. These people are those who have had the illusion that "Life is always against them" so they, in turn, go against life and disrespect the life of others for their own satisfaction. These people need to understand that there will always be a better way for them to have a good life, a change. They try things and they give up, but what they don't know is that they should continue trying and never let their own will falter because life is indeed hard, and they are the ones who will gain most experience by fighting.

As Bruce Lee once said: "Don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a hard one"

These are my understandings of why certain people act cruel as you stated, however not all of it is true and these are just one of many. What I say are things I have experienced and have seen, everyone has different views on it. Try understanding certain situations, sometimes they intend to leave unseen clues as to why they happen and why people cause them. ^_^

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • NuMetalWolf wrote:

NicksterGamer wrote:

To me, people who are cruel/bully's are being that way because when they were little, they got picked on by a bully as well! Now I have been picked on by bully's before, but now almost everyone at my school knows me so they don't pick on me, but joke with me. I'm not popular, just everyone knows me. Sometimes, I feel like that when someone says a joke that I don't take as a joke and I get mad. Then I think of how I embarrass myself everyday (i don't know, i do embarrassed myself almost everyday and I don't care) I also think of this funny thing I saw before and it gets my happiness built back up... Also your poem was good in my opinion... :D

Hey, i can relate to that, except for the part of feeling embarassed about it. I mean, i used to feel this way in my former grades, but my mind has changed since then, and i seriously do not give a crap nowadays..
      I'm also not popular but many people still know me, nevertheless i still prefer being alone very often, rather than being with classmates.. Even if they're people of my class.. I'm very different from them, specially in my perspective and ideologies... So no.. Not that i mind having friends, as i still have you guys here but, i can still be on my own, you know.

aww i feel the same, im not popular really im a loser but i don't mind that, its good to different that the rest, so like to be alone at school and yh it gets lonely at times but its better than spending time with people you don't even like and having fake friends and there's no one there to make me feel depressed, as i dont like most people there as they can be cruel and harsh to me, they say its a joke but really it isn't, there's nasty rumours spread by people who don't like me that other people believe and because they believe them lots of them don't like me, well there is people who don't mind me but i think they think im kind of annoying :3 but at east its not as bad as primary it was much worse i wasn't just lonely at first but every time they saw me they would shout "LAURA ALERT" and hide from me and laugh and also beat me up a little. i hated that in primary school until i made some friends and then we didn't go to the same high school so :( but there was lot more that went on too physically, mentally and verbally. i kind of am sometimes but i dont mind anymore cause at least its not as bad as primary. it can hurt my feelings but i know that once im finished school ill be out of there and hopefully have a better life. :)
      blah ... :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by CheekyLITTLEMonkey ().

• Heres some advice on haters:

There is going to be haters. It's a part of life.

The only way to stop haters, is to befriend them. How? Don't act... too stupid.

Be funny, but don't be a jerk. (Example: *Laughs* Your shoes are so ugly. Lol.) It's not funny.

Also, correct yourself. If you make a joke, and it makes a certian person mad, think: Ok, I don't want to do that. It will decrease my points.

By points, I mean think of life as a video game or something. I know it sounds a little crazy, but just catch yourself.

Every school year, I get a fresh waves of 'haters', but eventually, these 'haters' become my friends. Why?

Because I fight hate with friendliness, funnieness. I make jokes about their 'insults.'

It's just logic. If someone calls you stupid, saying an insult back, or doing something jerkish, isn't going to improve anything, is it?

It's going to make things worse.

Be friendly, and try to tell if someone's making a joke, or if they're not. Just say something funny, or something... neutral.

My advice is to not be quiet when someone insults you, because it makes them know you're ashamed, even though you know what they said isn't true.

The reason I needed to post here is because I'm considered a 'Popular' person. I hate it when people make fun of other people. It makes me sick, because I was made fun of a lot in elementary. They ask me why I hang out when that 'lame' person, or why I talk to him/her.

I tell them that they're jerks, and they need to stop making fun of that person. Most of the time they stop for a while, and then, after some time. They'll start being nicer to that person.

Just trying to say be friendly.

Be yourself.

The reason they make fun of you is because they don't know you.

I... hope this helped.

Really.
      Haters.
    • why are you giving them ammunition?

look em in the eye and smile. if they get in your face, bury your fist in between their pectorals. you got suspended? so what, you wont get bullied anymore. might even make friends with that bully of yours

being bullied is a part of school, its a part of the shit you NEED to learn: how to fucking stick up for yourself. being all poor pitiful me doesnt instill any sympathy, just pity
    • People started to be cruel to me around 1999 to 2005. From 1999 to 2000 people were cruel because of my disabilities, I was difference from everyone else so that gave them a reason to do bad stuff to me & say bad stuff to me. 2001 to 2005 people were cruel to me because of jealousy, I went to a special school that had a dorm & my mother did more stuff for me then the other students mothers didn't do for them so they used me for money, getting food from me for free, take my games saying they are only borrowing when they never give it back. Hell even the staff did the same thing, quiet sad because who would I turn to when everyone was doing this to me & I was 2-3 hours from home. So yeah, life can be cruel but the last day I finished school I started playing RuneScape around the end of 2005 & stayed in my room hiding from life for a good few years. Do I have regrets for that? Not really because I met this wonderful girl that truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me around 2009. I know "internet dating"? "Bleh" I would of normally said that but we're in engaged & the fact she so special to me, there isn't a reason for me to say "Bleh" any more. I know it'll be awhile before we "truly" get married because of money issues but I believe she will stay by my side no matter what happens.

Thanks for reading,
      - Quest God
    • my experience,

in my whole life I've never being picked on by people
      UNTIL LAST WEEK

There was this bullshit gang (i think they're indians. Not trying to be racist, but they are) iunno wtf is wrong with their mind. I don't recall anybody ever tried to mess with me, not even once in my whole life.

One of em, pushed my head really freakin hard. Iunno if I went to rage of something but I smacked his face on the wall. (He's a tiny d-bag)
      his other friend, a guy who's taller than me. in about 5'10 i think. He grabbed me from behind and luckily I had a pen that time. I tried to stab him but he evaded it. During recess, both me and my buddy were looking out for the gang and they were gone.

*I'm just a cool-ish guy who is really friendly but doesn't talk much to people. I don't even know wtf was going on with their mine.
    • CheekyLITTLEMonkey wrote:

NuMetalWolf wrote:

I'm also not popular but many people still know me, nevertheless i still prefer being alone very often, rather than being with classmates.. Even if they're people of my class.. I'm very different from them, specially in my perspective and ideologies... So no.. Not that i mind having friends, as i still have you guys here but, i can still be on my own, you know.
      aww i fell the same, im not popular really im a loser but i don't mind that, its good to different that the rest, so like to be alone at school and yh it gets lonely at times but its better than spending time with people you don't even like and having fake friends and there's no one there to make me feel depressed, as i dont like most people there as they can be cruel and harsh to me, they say its a joke but really it isn't, there's nasty rumours spread by people who don't like me that other people believe and because they believe them lots of them don't like me, well there is people who don't mind me but i think they think im kind of annoying :3 i kind of am sometimes but i dont mind. it can hurt my feelings but i know that once im finished school ill be out of there and hopefully have a better life. :)
      This sucks sometimes... You know, some people used to find me annoying in my first year of highschool, in my former school..
      I was shy and all, wasn't the same guy as i am now. I was weak, i confess. There was a gropu i think, a group of a few geeky people and a bunch of debauched people, who used to speak badly about me by my back(i never got it in act but i always had a feeling that they looked at me with different eyes, i didn't know if it was jealousy, or either just disdain... Oh well...). I was nice and all, but i felt like i was unknown in that class. People used to threat me in a different way, even the teachers noticed that and called their attention in class. Some teachers really used to like me, and even the janitors/inspectors.. They were good people. :)
      I once noticed a student debauching the janitor on his job... I felt like, you know...
      I'll take back here an item that Cormano mentioned about: there are people in this world who think life is a complete paradise, cause for all they lived, they don't seem to have ever lived(or at least haven't noticed yet) through difficulties in any time.. When i looked at that guy, i guess he had no idea what the janitor thought about his attitude(nor even seemed to care for it)..
      Anyway, people used to be very proud, and they didn't even notice it.. Yeah.. I was all different in that school..
      Even in that moment, when we were once practiccing for a theatre play, once they knew through the teacher, that I was chosen as the protagonist of it..
      Man... I couldn't badly look at all those hungry eyes on my back, and i already felt like they were getting ready to eat me alive! :|
      So i decided to get out. It wasn't my forte after all.. What can i do? I was not supposed to, anyway.
      Besides, it wouldn't hurt to at least once in life give people what they want, would it?
      I'm not worried about their "jealousy"(if that was really the case...). I don't give a crap, really. However long it takes, doesn't matter. They will learn it, by themselves. :)
      Who am i to judge them? Right?
      So, mom had to money to pay for a private school anymore, so i had no other choice, but doing a public tender.
      There was no way i could stay in that school. That wasn't even my real place! I had to get out of there and go on with my life.
      I did it in December, and i passed it!
      I got happy, while mom's got filled with proud and told the whole family.. As expected.. :p
      Well.. I couldn't say i didn't want to be in this school where i am now, nor that i had no other option. Not at all...
      I could've failed if i wanted to. But i didn't. I passed it because i wanted. I could've rather remained in home, procrastinating or something, but i didn't.
      I really passed it because i wanted.. And thought i still complain about the rules in there... :p
      But hey, it's MY vacancy, isn't it? X)
      Anyways, now i'm here. Writing it all away, putting out some fragments of my shattered, divided universe called "Life". :p
      I chose to rather study I.T. because i loved computers from that point on(well, who doesn't? Internet, man! Haha! xD).
      And CheekyMonkey:
      About the end of the school year, you said? Well, i dropped my past year cause:
      1) I didn't feel very comfortable with my class from my 2nd year on and;
      2) 3rd year two classes gathered in one, including mine(last year). Still with the same classmates as in the 2nd year, but things became worse by the time. There were still a bunch of debauched people in there, my possibly nearest classmates were trolls, and other people who didn't just give a single crap about my existance, and when i tried talking to them, they simply ignored what i said and threated me as a shadow... My classmate said it was all my fault(said from someone who used to tell me what to do, and say he didn't trust in some people, that his group of friends was isolated, but he didn't care, cause they were best friends. 3rd year came, and from time to time, i noticed he was getting along more with the guys from the other class, the ones who didn't give a crap about me well, but when they gave, they only joked, even in my presence, cause they didn't care, didn't have a bit of respect, and he was with them, laughing, and not giving a single crap either... Then i noticed he was just like them.. And i was completely alone. Despite the fact people wanted me to join one of them, they just didn't understand what i've been through, nor seemed to care for what i had to say)..
      Yeah.. I know what was my fault for real, that i didn't stand the fact they were mocking at my existence.. That's why i'm weak. I didn't pay it back with the same coin. I kept hidden in my corner, as a shadow.. I isolated myself from the class, lost months of class and got advertized for missing school. And even heard things i didn't need to. I was my fault, i should've been stronger than this.. But now? It's just past.
      "The past year is gone. Now it's a different one." - i told to myself.
      Lost a year before, but now it's all okay with me. My classmates may joke, even with sarcasm, but they're not trolls, nor debauched people. They CAN respect each other despite the jokes. I'm glad that i've lost a year.... Wait, what? Lost?? What have i lost? Cause for all i know, there are no worthy memories about this past year, so i don't think i got much to remember.... Do i? :)

Sorry for the huuuge post here, guys. This was my experience in highschool.. If you could've read it THIS far, i'm glad. And i'm also glad that you could take time and read it, and understand me as well. Thank you. :)
    • NuMetalWolf wrote:

CheekyLITTLEMonkey wrote:

NuMetalWolf wrote:

aww i fell the same, im not popular really im a loser but i don't mind that, its good to different that the rest, so like to be alone at school and yh it gets lonely at times but its better than spending time with people you don't even like and having fake friends and there's no one there to make me feel depressed, as i dont like most people there as they can be cruel and harsh to me, they say its a joke but really it isn't, there's nasty rumours spread by people who don't like me that other people believe and because they believe them lots of them don't like me, well there is people who don't mind me but i think they think im kind of annoying :3 i kind of am sometimes but i dont mind. it can hurt my feelings but i know that once im finished school ill be out of there and hopefully have a better life. :)
      This sucks sometimes... You know, some people used to find me annoying in my first year of highschool, in my former school..
      I was shy and all, wasn't the same guy as i am now. I was weak, i confess. There was a gropu i think, a group of a few geeky people and a bunch of debauched people, who used to speak badly about me by my back(i never got it in act but i always had a feeling that they looked at me with different eyes, i didn't know if it was jealousy, or either just disdain... Oh well...). I was nice and all, but i felt like i was unknown in that class. People used to threat me in a different way, even the teachers noticed that and called their attention in class. Some teachers really used to like me, and even the janitors/inspectors.. They were good people. :)
      I once noticed a student debauching the janitor on his job... I felt like, you know...
      I'll take back here an item that Cormano mentioned about: there are people in this world who think life is a complete paradise, cause for all they lived, they don't seem to have ever lived(or at least haven't noticed yet) through difficulties in any time.. When i looked at that guy, i guess he had no idea what the janitor thought about his attitude(nor even seemed to care for it)..
      Anyway, people used to be very proud, and they didn't even notice it.. Yeah.. I was all different in that school..
      Even in that moment, when we were once practiccing for a theatre play, once they knew through the teacher, that I was chosen as the protagonist of it..
      Man... I couldn't badly look at all those hungry eyes on my back, and i already felt like they were getting ready to eat me alive! :|
      So i decided to get out. It wasn't my forte after all.. What can i do? I was not supposed to, anyway.
      Besides, it wouldn't hurt to at least once in life give people what they want, would it?
      I'm not worried about their "jealousy"(if that was really the case...). I don't give a crap, really. However long it takes, doesn't matter. They will learn it, by themselves. :)
      Who am i to judge them? Right?
      So, mom had to money to pay for a private school anymore, so i had no other choice, but doing a public tender.
      There was no way i could stay in that school. That wasn't even my real place! I had to get out of there and go on with my life.
      I did it in December, and i passed it!
      I got happy, while mom's got filled with proud and told the whole family.. As expected.. :p
      Well.. I couldn't say i didn't want to be in this school where i am now, nor that i had no other option. Not at all...
      I could've failed if i wanted to. But i didn't. I passed it because i wanted. I could've rather remained in home, procrastinating or something, but i didn't.
      I really passed it because i wanted.. And thought i still complain about the rules in there... :p
      But hey, it's MY vacancy, isn't it? X)
      Anyways, now i'm here. Writing it all away, putting out some fragments of my shattered, divided universe called "Life". :p
      I chose to rather study I.T. because i loved computers from that point on(well, who doesn't? Internet, man! Haha! xD).
      And CheekyMonkey:
      About the end of the school year, you said? Well, i dropped my past year cause:
      1) I didn't feel very comfortable with my class from my 2nd year on and;
      2) 3rd year two classes gathered in one, including mine(last year). Still with the same classmates as in the 2nd year, but things became worse by the time. There were still a bunch of debauched people in there, my possibly nearest classmates were trolls, and other people who didn't just give a single crap about my existance, and when i tried talking to them, they simply ignored what i said and threated me as a shadow... My classmate said it was all my fault(said from someone who used to tell me what to do, and say he didn't trust in some people, that his group of friends was isolated, but he didn't care, cause they were best friends. 3rd year came, and from time to time, i noticed he was getting along more with the guys from the other class, the ones who didn't give a crap about me well, but when they gave, they only joked, even in my presence, cause they didn't care, didn't have a bit of respect, and he was with them, laughing, and not giving a single crap either... Then i noticed he was just like them.. And i was completely alone. Despite the fact people wanted me to join one of them, they just didn't understand what i've been through, nor seemed to care for what i had to say)..
      Yeah.. I know what was my fault for real, that i didn't stand the fact they were mocking at my existence.. That's why i'm weak. I didn't pay it back with the same coin. I kept hidden in my corner, as a shadow.. I isolated myself from the class, lost months of class and got advertized for missing school. And even heard things i didn't need to. I was my fault, i should've been stronger than this.. But now? It's just past.
      "The past year is gone. Now it's a different one." - i told to myself.
      Lost a year before, but now it's all okay with me. My classmates may joke, even with sarcasm, but they're not trolls, nor debauched people. They CAN respect each other despite the jokes. I'm glad that i've lost a year.... Wait, what? Lost?? What have i lost? Cause for all i know, there are no worthy memories about this past year, so i don't think i got much to remember.... Do i? :)

Sorry for the huuuge post here, guys. This was my experience in highschool.. If you could've read it THIS far, i'm glad. And i'm also glad that you could take time and read it, and understand me as well. Thank you. :)

Woozers thats long. but i know what you mean. i had similar experiences with people in the first year of high school who looked at me differently and would talk behind my back (i was kind of annoying in first year well some people might of thought so but most people thought i was annoying in second year (this was mainly because of my ADHD which was a big problem at school for me)) and spread rumours and other people believed them (this mainly happened in the second year) and would not really try to get to know me more but they didn't so shouldn't have judged me. i have changed.... a lot.... kind of :3 im glad we have places like this were we can meet people who have had similar experiences in life and can talk about it and realize they have a few things in common :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by CheekyLITTLEMonkey ().

• People are strange, aren't they?

You know, everyone strives to fit in. The Drama Queens, Jocks, etc, all have a place because in this society, it's strange not to have people like that, y'know?

I think it's best for you to avoid all the drama, and just focus on your academic marks. Being all worked up about people you hate will just ruin you and you really need to focus on marks more than people you wish to strangle.
    • that's exactly what i think. that's why i ignore the drama. we dont have jocks here, there aren't really any cliques people just hang out with random people they like. expect the chavs and the people who think they are all that. but i mainly think about the grade i hope to get so i can get out and have awesome life. some people i know will probably end up in jail though so good for them :3