Guide Against Bullying. (SHARE YOUR TIPS! )

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Guide Against Bullying. (SHARE YOUR TIPS! )

I'd like to start a new thread here. I want people to share tips with other bro's to fight back against bullying. We all know how bad it can get, we can save lifes with a guide.

We get bullied because we are different. We love the same sex or we love to dress differently.
      Or just because we look like easy targets. Help a bro out, share some tips.
      We can make a huge guide out of this, just with each of you sharing some life saving tips based on your own experience.

- Please no life experiences, just tips -

Tip #1: Keep being yourself
      Don't ever change yourself just to make friends, be your fucking awesome self and show them you are proud on who you are!

lol :)
    • Honestly its hard like fuck to be yourself when you get bullied. You may try to become invisible, and change so they'll leave you alone.
      But no matter what, you have to fight back.
      Now im not saying punch them in the face because they opened their idiot mouth. But discreetly slide a sarcastic comment, because usually the vicitim is a lot more witty and different than the bully.
      At my school, if someones being bullied and that person makes a remark back to the bully they get laughed at.
      Ive stood up to bullies many times, and they arent has tough as they seem, especially girl bullies.
      Get them alone, too, if you want to fight back.
      There's nothing wrong with running away, but that causes you to look weak and vunerable to them. You have to show something that says you wont take their shit.
      And it'll be hard little fighter, but youll handle this and be strong.
      Link Start!
    • 2 Major tips right here.

The most important in my opinion... tell somebody. 55% of bullying stops as soon as you tell somebody. Most people may be afraid of being a "snitch" or a "wuss" or whatever, but really, who the fuck cares? Your life gets better if you tell someone, so tell someone.

The next, and this is much harder to do, but don't let it bother you. If bullies don't get a reaction from you, they are less likely to continue bullying you. Just remember that these people are pathetic, and that in the future the odds are that you will be better off than them, it's not guaranteed, but typically the case. Just remember that you are better than them and that they are pathetic for trying to bring you down to their level, you will be happier.

This last thing isn't really a tip about bullying, but life in general. There is nothing more important in life than your own happiness. Do what makes you happy always. Never let someone else take away your happiness, and never do anything that makes you feel unhappy. Sure there will be things you can't control, like the passing of a loved one, or some tragic accident, but for all the instances in life we can control, if you strive for what makes you happy, and don't worry about anything else, life will be better.
    • Advice to the ones who consider themselves socially neutral or more positive then most: Dare to be different, dare to actually be the one to stick up for someone.

Advice to those being bullied: Hang on and never give up. "Everyone is a bastard in high school." (To The Moon LP) In school in general, everyone is searching for who they are and when they find something entirely different from what they have learned to be they fear it and push it away. Though some children may never grow up; typically, the older you get the easier it gets as people mature.

Maybe not so much advice, but maybe words of encouragement? Idk xD.
    • AmazingSully wrote:

The most important in my opinion... tell somebody. 55% of bullying stops as soon as you tell somebody. Most people may be afraid of being a "snitch" or a "wuss" or whatever, but really, who the fuck cares? Your life gets better if you tell someone, so tell someone.
      I agree to this totally. "Snitch" or "wuss" are words of the ignorant used to try to control who they do wrong to. If people don't want to hang out with your for speaking truth and what's right, then they are not friends worth having. Friends should tell you truth, even when you don't want to hear it. Those who seek not the truth will be lost forever and will not hesitate to lead you astray. In short, not good friends.
    • Well, I usually wouldn't put this in mind, but generate an intimidating aura that only the bully can sense.

This trick works if one knows how to utilize it. Since bullies usually target those who they deem "weak" if you can intimidate them a little bit, they will leave you alone. The way of intimidation is pretty much said on this thread. Telling people, showing that you're no weak target and having friends that will stick up to you will generate a sense of intimidation because a bully doesn't know what they are getting into. And if you're on your own, show them backbone. Usually, a bully (or bullies if more than one) put themselves in the defensive when they want to show an offensive approach. If you can break that barrier (sometimes, this ends up with you having to deal with some of them through fights) then they will most likely leave you be. The idea of intimidation is to avoid fighting, people don't know it but saying things like stick with your friends or tell someone is usually a form of intimidation (in a passive sense) because while you're not doing it directly, you are imposing that you are no easy target and that should anything happen to you, something worse could affect the bully itself.

Don't mistake intimidation for provocation. You want bullies to just let you be, you don't want them to be provoked so that they victimise you again. If you act all tough and think you can do martial arts or whatever or you're going to beat them, you're no better than the bully, you're only going to provoke them. Intimidation is usually seen as a negative concept, but if it can protect someone (from bullies for example) then I don't see it as a harmful as long as it is controlled and it doesn't escalate beyond.

To the thread OP: Unfortunately, you can't just simply give these tips UNLESS you have experience. If people do mention their experiences, they are also trying to say how they solved their situation and overcome it.

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • Ignore them.
      But if it gets to be a constant, every day thing, go to an adult.
      I know everyone says this, but go to an adult, don't try and fight them.

Some people who are likely to help are:
      School bus drivers, teachers, police, parents, guidence counsilors, friends.
      ~Live Free Or Die~
    • No. Don't outsmart him.

Don't insult him back with smarter comments.

DO NOT tell an adult.

Don't ignore them.

You need to befriend them. It's the only true way. (What if the bully is with you elementary through high school?)

You lose haters, and gain friends.

Fight hate with kindness.

It might seem like your kindness is to no prevail... but, after a while... it works.

Trust me.
      Haters.
    • Well the tip that ends up working for me, fighting hate with kindness. As hard as it is, Just being kind is the key to real success. I don't really know if it will work in many cases, but in a lot others I can assure. But mainly, Just if you really want to, and the first tip didn't work? Go for jail rules, set your status to that guy/girl NOT to be fucked with. It may cause some explaining later, but flip a fucking table, scream not to fuck with you. Just do all you can to just set that status to not be fucked with. (Sorry for all the vulgar language, Just can't say it any better than this to REALLY get the point across.)
    • I've been bullied several times for several reasons. I think one of the best things to do is to ignore them. If they can't get a rise out of you, then it's no longer any fun. If you don't let it bother you (or pretend like it doesn't) they get bored. What I do is go along with it. Earlier in the year some girls spread rumors that I was pregnant ,when some guys asked me the gender I said "It's God's child'. If you go along with it then they know it doesn't bother you and they'll find someone else to pick on.