So how did you get your first 100 subs on youtube?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• With a little bit of patience, I was actively engaging in replying to viewers, and it just happened, like a lot of ppl have already said, I really can't remember when it exactly happened, but it did :)

I think the best way is to try not to keep looking at the numbers, if you are making the right content it will eventually happen :)
      Feel free to check out my gameplay channel youtube.com/caiyth
    • I reached 100 subs when I done my Super Smash let's play, and since then I've been doing parodies and have been getting a subscriber a week :p

But it's mostly about uploading regularly and just having fun really. You may be downhearted when you don't get that much attention, you may get jealous that people have been doing it for less time than you and have more subscribers, but you just need to keep at it and try your best really. Have fun, and make sure your fans are having fun watching your videos.

Oh and upload regularly, I don't cuz I'm lazy :p

I do teh let's plays and teh parodies of all de animes. And also Blazblue parody raps... Ha ha ha ha...
      Joking, come check out my channel bros :D
      youtube.com/user/DEEsidia97Gaming

Subscribe and get a regurgitated cookie ^^
    • I was lucky enough to reach a 100 subs on my first day when my gaming channel went online. I have another channel where i make "tv fandom" videos and its popular, so a lot of my subs came from there.
      But really you put the work in, make good quality videos, upload regularly people will subscribe. I get 1-2 a day, mostly more on the days i do upload.
      As long as people enjoy my videos thats what matters most to me, and feedback hearing the comments i enjoy that the most.
    • Okay so I shall post how I remember... Ahaha!

First 10 - people I know. I'm on a music course so loads of us have YouTubes haha. Also I posted on Facebook and got more from friends which pushed me to around 15 :3

First 50- seriously can't remember... Social media was involved though :3

First 100- I posted a cover which has now had almost 7,000 views. It gots me loadsss of subs (but none of my others have done as well because you have to post a cover BEFORE the song is released to get it popular).
      It took me like 3/4 months to get here. It dragged so much!!!!!!!

First 200- research! Social media a lot more. Meeting other YouTubers, improving my content. Doing live stream websites. :3

First 250- collaborating got me 21 in one day :O
      This happened really quickly from 200. I upload every week, have proper thumbnails and I always try to improve!

I never do sub for sub because I've always worked really really hard :)

I'm currently at 266 but it's starting to grow quicker than before because of the content improvement.

It's been around 6 months since I started taking YouTube seriously and doing things properly and I'm still trying to improve and be more entertaining. I just need to get faster at covering songs before they're released :P hahah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      Watch Me Play Music and Stuff: youtube.com/user/KattStrike
      <3<3<3
    • The community

Its not really a matter of plastering your links everywhere, you actually have to define yourself within a community.
      I use twitter a lot, and thats a great way to get your name out there, by tweeting and having conversations with big and small youtubers all the time.

But more then that, if you dont have anything interesting for them to watch when they get to your channel, those views arnt going to translate into subs.
    • I've been mainly paying attention to videos about the SCP Containment Breach and even made a Song about it. :) And when I reached 100 Subscribers I had to make a little Special with a little sketch to celebrate xD A little silly I know, but I think the first 100 Subs are for everyone something special :D I might reach my 1000 soon, but my next special will only be at 1500 xD But I am still very excited for the 1000.
    • I know my first 10 were all people I knew then over the first month or two I think I got another 10 who were my first 'actual' subscribers... but the following months I had videos featured on both Henshin Justice and Gametrailers which shot my subs up to 100 and since then I've gained 1-2 subs daily :)

^My game/film documentary/review series... check it out!
    • It's important to be motivated and ambitious about creating videos, not about creating an audience.
      If you continue making good contents people will spot you at some point.
      Now I only have 30 subs, but I had a channel in Croatian and I had almost 600 subs.
      Recently I've started recording in English so I know what I'm talking about.
      Just make videos for fun and don't be so worried about getting subscribes. ;)
    • I use to go crazy thinking I had to get a video up every day to get subscribers. Since I have stopped and worked more on getting better videos up and less uploads per week I am getting more consistent subscribers. Also I am getting g more views and watch time because of quality over quantity.

I have also been gaming a lot on public servers and now have a big gaming community in Garrys Mod which helps a lot, most recent subbies are people I have been gaming with. Be active with your subs and they will help you grow :3
      "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
      I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook
    • Pheonix Flames: I had the same problem. I used to think so much about "I have to do this this and this" to get that magic number up.

Why does it matter? Think about it for a second. It's just a number, is that what you're really doing it for?

Once I got rid of that thinking I just started focusing on making more and more videos - SLOWER. That's weird because a lot of people tell me, especially YouTubers, I have to make something new EVERY week. Anyways, me and my team threw that idea out the window. We release a video when we're ready too.

Our first 100 came from a lot of Facebooking actually. The next bunch came from a lot of Google Plussing and forums.
    • It really helps the growth of your channel to be a part of a community. When I started off, I was mainly focused on helping the RPG Maker community by playing their games and providing feedback. Because I was working on my own game at the time and was a bit of a regular, it really helped the early growth of my channel, which is always the hardest part for any starting youtuber. Also, think about it this way. The more you post content, the more likely it is for people to find you! Just make sure to tag your videos well and dabble in different types of games. :)
    • How I started off is just by doing black ops 2, my very first video was a introduction video it got me very far with my subscribers and in no time flat I reached my first 100 mostly by doing BO2 videos. but I ventured from that and went into some horror games and much more! :)
      Youtube | Twitter | Facebook
      Hello everyone! I am RecklessVillen and I run a YouTube channel RecklessVillenwhere I make the best gaming videos I can & do what I love to do