So how did you get your first 100 subs on youtube?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Well, 40 subs is what i got for now ... I dont record a video in 6 months .. But hey , great news ! Since today, i can monetize my videos, which means i can make them thumbnails and use all those tools ..! Got my motivation back on !

Geez, i'm happy !

(a bit off-topic, but hey, i'm happy, mkay?)

I bet you can't click that dancin' Buu
    • hmm well i personally haven't put any videos up yet. still there are 3 people subscribed for no apparent reason. o.o maybe they liked a comment i gave on a video? who knows. xD i'm quite happy about my 3 subs though. ='3 you know.. considering i don't even have any videos. xD

i am planning to put up gaming videos though. but im not gonna do it before im all good and ready. i don't wanna put up videos without getting permission and then getting sued etc. x.x
    • I'm just coming to the end of my first year with my channel. I feel the best things you can do to gain an audience, besides creating consistent content that you genuinely enjoy making, is to INTERACT with your audience.

Figure out who your audience is. What are they interested in? Where do they socialize on-line?

Forums are a great way to interact with people and to spread awareness of your channel. Just like this one...

For instance, in many of my videos, I use the software program Blender. I decided to become an active member of a very popular Blender forum. I comment on people's work, I offer critiques and suggestions on how to improve, and post my own works as well. People see that I'm not just interested in posting a link to my channel every time I put out a new video; I'm interested in their work, and in our community as a whole. That is how you gain respect from an audience, and how you can be sure you don't come off as a SPAM machine.

Encourage and help the people you speak to, and they will check you out (and probably be a lot more interested in your videos, too!)

Just a week ago, I only had 47 subscribers. Then someone very high up in Blender shared the video on Facebook, completely out of the blue. Because of my involvement with the Blender community, my subscribers doubled in less than 24 hours! I've now met my goal of 100 subs in the first year.
      My Youtube Channel- Classy Dog Films
    • MrHat987 wrote:

I am jealous of the people who get 100 in a matter of a couple months. I have been doing this for like 8 months and I only have 5.

Have Faith MrHat, one of the biggest help I've found is Social networking to promote my channel. Create a Facebook Page & Twitter, ask your friends to join & Subscribe. Share Content with your friends, ask them to post videos on their wall and/or share posts from your Facebook/Twitter Page. Post frequently on forums,(Not directly advertising your channel) but try Make your signature a Click-able ad for your Channel (See my Signature) Also by posting on forums like these you'll then one day be eligible to post on the YouTube Section of this forum & I can imagine You'll earn a few... I must do it one day But I feel I must contribute to the Forum more before sending a Post in, but I will one day. ;)

Another thing is remember if your enjoying making the content, who cares how many subscribers you've got, Just think of a Subscriber as a Moral boost :) People will come, they just need to find you... In many cases You Have to Find them ;)

WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF GUNS OF ICARUS ONLINE? - ENTER MY GIVEAWAY
      CURRENT SUBS (20th Sept 2013) - 154 :D
    • Hey guys, And especially you Mr Hat.
      I am at 150 subscribers. How I did it? I responded to almost all comments on my videos.
      Asked people to add me on steam on each video.
      I have actually started a new series up with one of my subscribers, which mean I am engaging my fanbase.
      The more you interact with your subscribers, the more they will talk about you.
      Another this is, make sure you actually have good, watchable content.

Makes sure you post relevant tags on each video, as people will not like it if you tag "pewdiepie" in there.
      Post videos responses, comment on other people videos.
      Like other people videos. Help other small channels out.
      It takes time, it won't happen over night. :)

DON'T EVER RESORT TO SUB4SUB, SUBSCRIBERTRAIN OR ANY OTHER SOURCES, YOU WANT THE VALUABLE SUBSCRIBERS WHO WATCH, NOT SUBSCRIBERS THAT ARE JUST THERE.

Hi-5 (n.n)/
      Thanks guys.
      Check out my videos. -> youtube.com/ToxicCallum

Hi-5 (n.n)/*\(n.n)
    • 1: find a unique and witty name (a clockwork mandarin, e= mc hammer, etc)

2: SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

3: ?????

4: PROFITS!!!!

oh yeah dont piss off youtube, they likes to b&
      basically, give them your full name, address, tax file from last year, birth certificate, phone number, and a key to your house, then theyll leave you alone
    • Used to have a fandubbing account on youtube and I reached 400 subs I think?(not active on it anymore). How I got them... Well ofcourse actively making videos was the biggest part! Then I think you should get into the community, the fandubbing community was really close and huuuge! I went and found a lot of fandubbers, got to know them, made friends, duets and so on. Of course the main part is just to keep the content interesting or different and actively post videos.