So how did you get your first 100 subs on youtube?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• So how did you get your first 100 subs on youtube?

To anyone that has a youtube channel on this forum, I'm just curious to know, how did you do it? Did social networks help because it hasn't really done anything for me. I am a part of multiple forums where I can post my videos, channel link, etc. nothing. Tried Reddit, has done much, maybe 1-2 views. I've been making videos for just about 3 months now and I'm at 36 subscribers, don't get me wrong I am very happy with the amount of subs and growth I have achieved over these past few months ,but everyday I see posts like "Haha I just reached 200 subs in just one month!" or "My video is only getting 200 views when it used to get 400". I just don't get it.

So how did you get your first 100 subs? (Or if you don't have 100 how did you get your X amount of subs?)
    • I got my 7 subs by holding them hostage!

No, really, I spent some time meeting people and building a friend group. When I started making YT videos, about 2 people also started. From this, I was able to have people to collaborate with. This is, in my opinion, the best form of advertising. Make a video with someone else, try to have a laugh, and people will want to check you out if they like you. Post videos of your joint collaboration on both channels, so that the other persons viewers will want to come to your channel, to check out the other person. Also, as they have watched one of your videos, your other videos MIGHT also become "recommended" to the viewer, meaning that you can achieve a bit more views.

If you don't have anyone to record with, I normally record with a few people on little free games which you're welcome to join :)
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • i did like 6 - 7 months for 96 subs + i got recently partnered and i got them fair, not with sub4sub "which people with 200 subs in 1 month maybe - possibly - do) i build up a small community, that is gonna get larger with time. How? well i play a lot, and i play a lot with them, they like that a lot, there's even 1 guy, i play with him and he randomly gives me games like dead island and l4D2 and killing floor and serious sam 3 and warZ (sucks but still). i got them fair and square. and people that gift you games like that, they spread the word. (others to, but they will support you over a thousand percent).
    • If your content is good, the growth will be exponential. The beginning's going to be slow. Just make sure you're making videos because you are having fun. Don't do it if your in it specifically to build an audience.

Post videos consistently and keep motivated. Make them, and they will come.

Of course, I'm 4 months into my YouTube channel experience and i'm 22 subscribers in... so I'm not speaking completely from experience, but I think these are important ingredients for a channel with potential.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GameFaceMax ().

• I agree, in the begining focus more on puting out quality content on a regular basis, don't worry about subs so much as they will come slowly. Just try to post good content and focus on improving day by day, specially if you get feedback.
      Bit of advertising never hurts eighter, post on some forums, reddit, etc. If you have an online game that you play a lot you can olso try to use that, like I have a league of legends playlist, and whenever I start a LOL match I let ppl know that the game might end up on youtube, if they want to check out my channel they can do so at, sub, bla bla bla. Worked for me got a few subs that way.
      And never do sub 4 sub mate, horrible idea and it never works. I'd rather have 1000 loyal subs that actually enjoy and watch my content then 1 mil subs and no views... :)
      So far I'm at 43 subs, been doing this for a bit over 1 month.
      So keep up the good work mate, and of course have fun. :D
      Just waiting for the zombie apocalypse. :rolleyes:

Wanna check out my channel?
    • Well I am at 118 subs currently.
      All I can say is to be active, I am sure it helps out alot!
      If you don't like doing videos then you should find another type of videos you want to make or just stop. I've been doing videos for around 8 months, 9 months soon.
      Amnesia Custom Stories , Home, Dead Space, Amnesia: Machine for pigs. :love:
      Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage!
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T56PqxhzkqM&list=UU2_yBml3EPqXV3ml_TmFQhA&index=1[/youtube]

Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage #2
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9_kZGf-3s[/youtube]
    • I generally took inspiration from several YouTubers and worked videos similar to get myself embedded into YouTube properly. People such as Pewds, Cry, Markiplier, Nerdcubed, Yamimash, Robbaz, Penguinz0, Tobuscus etc. I like to play horror games and read creepypasta stories! I'm from Australia and my channel is called Natenator77. c:
      I'm from Australia and I play horror games and read creepypastas. Check me out? youtube.com/user/Natenator77 :thumbsup:
    • Solid advice, VIKING! I especially like the idea of letting people you're playing with online know that you're using the footage for your channel. Simultaneous advertising and letting them know they will probably be in the video! Sources like Reddit are definitely helpful, but be careful about where and how you're posting your content. Use a sub-reddit that relates to the content your posting, and try to make sure you're post doesn't come off too "self promotion-y". Viewers generally respond negatively to obvious self promotion.

Another good thing about consistently posting new videos is that you will definitely improve. I'm learning new editing tricks and increasing quality just through trial and error, and its a lot fun to just watch your own growth.

Just 2 days ago, I bought a new Blue Snowball Mic to increase audio quality from my Tutle Beach Headset. Very impressed so far! Definitely recommend getting something similar to this if you have a tendency to get loud, or play games with a group of people.
    • I've already started saving up for a professional mic, not sure how long it's gonna take though. As to which one I am gonna buy, there will be weeks maybe more of studying about them before I make a decision. But thanks for your suggestion I'll check it out.
      For now however I am amazed of the quality I can squeeze out(with some post-editing of course) from my 10$ knock-off headset... :D
      Just waiting for the zombie apocalypse. :rolleyes:

Wanna check out my channel?

The post was edited 2 times, last by VIKINGS ().