What is the most common misconception about your gender?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Jericho wrote:

Most guys in my school seem to think that because I'm the only girl who doesn't wear make up or wear designer clothes and because I play video games a lot and I don't give a crap about what I wear, that I am suddenly just a man or a lesbian. And I constantly get teased about this because I don't act like an extremely feminine girl like all of my friends or the other whores around my school. Ugh. Also, I would say that the whole "all girls belong in the kitchen" thing is messed up. The only thing I can make is cake and I can just about cook eggs. Sure, I'll make a bacon sandwich, but it'll be MY bacon sandwich, bitch.
      *Hi five*. Most guys at my school also thinks that I am partly male because of the way I act and I detest taking photos of myself (most girls do that in my school with duckfaces, ugh).

Credits goes to : Oneiros1987, watch her in dA or look at her awesome works.
    • When I was a kid I would always visit my neighbors to watch Pokémon with their grandson. I was also found on the streets rollerblading and playing with cars (you know those that you can control, aahhh those were the times).
      And my neighbor always asked me why on earth I was always playing with boy toys. "You're a girl, you're not supposed to play with those toys.".
      I'm not really encountering any problems with that anymore though.
    • I hate it when I'm playing some game online (Halo, COD, Dead Island, etc) and people actually enjoy playing the game with me, until they ask me what my gender is. When I say that I'm a girl they're instantly like "Oh, what's a girl doing on this game?". The whole 'girls are bad at games and shouldn't play them' thing really irks me.

Another thing I hate is when dudes tell a girl to 'get back in the kitchen' like we're their cooking slaves or something. Luckily I haven't personally received that phrase ever, considering I have a reputation among my guy friends that I'll kick their ass if they ever do xD But it still pisses me off. Which leads me to another thing; the assumption that tough girls who can fight, play violent video games and hang out with mainly guy friends, are gay. I have nothing against homosexuality, but can't I be a tomboy without everyone thinking I like girls?

Finally, I really, really dislike the misconception that when a girl is cranky, she must be on her period. I've had a few bad days in the past, as I am sure we all have, and almost every single time I have been asked by a few of my guy friends "Dude, are you on your period or something?". It's like, bro.. If I were on my period every single time I get cranky at something, I'd be having a period that lasts 365 days.
      When life gives you lemons, make apple juice.
    • The fact about the kitchen is a old joke... about sandwich... but mah girls are good on video games and I actually prefer playing with girls ( but I don't really know alot.. ) than boys because well, i don't like the mentally of boys. ( I mean not EVERY but like 90% are just mean.. or just flame peoples and stuff like this )
      Standing alone doesn't mean I'm alone, It means i'm strong enought to handle things all by myself.
    • Well, there's only two genders that I know of. I guess it depends on how you and the people around you are brought up.
      Me, personally, I don't see that big of a difference at my place.
      I do know about most stereotypes about gender but haven't been apart of many.
      Goal:
      for today to be better than yesterday,
      and tomorrow better than today . . .

Thank you very much for your time.
      -QuietQuilla :brofist:
    • Herthes wrote:

The fact about the kitchen is a old joke... about sandwich... but mah girls are good on video games and I actually prefer playing with girls ( but I don't really know alot.. ) than boys because well, i don't like the mentally of boys. ( I mean not EVERY but like 90% are just mean.. or just flame peoples and stuff like this )

Yeah, I find I don't like playing online games with guys either, unless I personally know them. Although it does bring a sense of accomplishment and a sort of in-your-face feeling when a girl beats a dude in a video game x3 I love throwing stereotypes out the window.
      When life gives you lemons, make apple juice.
    • Every single friend I had wondered why I never "got" myself a girlfriend and started thinking I'm either gay or a loser..

When I actually responded to someone and told them I don't want to "get" a gilrfriend that has assets or how you call them, I'm actually looking for one whom I enjoy living with and looking at her, he started saying stuff like: "Dude, you think EXACTLY like a woman.. holy shit!" and it reaallly pissed me off xD

P.S.: Still, even if I do think a bit like them, what's so wrong about that? I just don't understand...

The post was edited 4 times, last by XanderRaidon ().

• InSaiyan wrote:

"If you're a girl, you should wear "girl" clothes, and if you're a boy, you should wear "boy" clothes."

As much as I like pretty dresses or skirts, I'd rather wear some shorts and a hoodie without having to be judged about what I prefer to wear c:

Amen! :thumbsup: :brofist:
    • InSaiyan wrote:

"If you're a girl, you should wear "girl" clothes, and if you're a boy, you should wear "boy" clothes."

As much as I like pretty dresses or skirts, I'd rather wear some shorts and a hoodie without having to be judged about what I prefer to wear c:

YES!

And sometimes I feel bad for guys because we (girls) can wear pants or dresses or skirts and it's not a big deal but if a guy wears a dress... End of the world for him. We should all be free to dress as we want.
      French - Potterhead - :brofist:
    • InSaiyan wrote:

without having to be judged about what I prefer to wear c:

Depends highly on what you prefer to wear..

Funny thing actually, I'm not talking about yourself, but I've seen many girls dress up in clothes that you would perfectly describe as "almost naked". And if you dare to oogle at her, she will call you a pervert. Happened to me a lot and I simply reply with: "Excuse me, am I the one walking around naked?"

I always wondered, what other purpose would wearing skimpy dresses be for, besides attracting men?
    • Most common one would be that just because i'm a female i don't know shit about video games or i'm bad at them
      Or that just cause i'm nice to a person that means i'm into them???? like no i'm just nice??? lol that's all i can think of right now
      there's way too many things for both sexes to list though

you're like perfection, some kind of holiday
    • Well
      When a girl wears a shirt that doesn't cover everything (if you get what I mean haha) and then thinks boys are perverts because they look at her boobs
      And then she tells all her friends that the boys are perverts.
      I mean of course they'll look if you show them, it doesn't mean that they're perverts.
      Isn't that the reason you have shirts like that? e.e
      I know a lot of girls that does this and I don't get why.

I'm a girl btw but still. That's just weird.
    • That girls can't be as strong as guys. Whenever we have to move risers at my school I start to get a heavy one and the teacher says lets have a boy carry that one. -.- I carried like 4 of them in a row when it was just me and a few other people doing it. Gah I hate it.
      I'm dying on the inside and he doesn't seem to care
    • that when men are being nice to a girl they only do it because of personal interest that's so not true I do it because when I was growing up my parents told me that the most sacred thing in this world are the women because they are the ones that bring life to this world.
      <3 Life Loves you <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metal-Warrior ().