BARIN: BREAKDOWN - FREE RPG Maker VX game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• BARIN: BREAKDOWN - FREE RPG Maker VX game

Hello again folks! After working on this project for a while I decided to release BARIN: BREAKDOWN to all of you for free! A short introduction:

BARIN: BREAKDOWN is a 2D survival horror & puzzle game made by me in RPG Maker VX.
      Meet Thomas Dawn, a man who wakes up after a failed suicide attempt with a letter next to his hospital bed. The letter simply tells him to visit St. Desmond Street. Puzzled by this mystery and with nothing to hold on to in life, Thomas decides to travel there...
      Just remember, you are never safe.

If you liked my last game "Descent" then you'll like "BARIN: BREAKDOWN".
      It's an upgraded horror experience combined with A LOT more exploration than Descent.

The game is FREE, just follow the one of the Download links below!

Explore dark and silent corridors in your quest to find answers.

Click the spoiler tag to see more screenshots!
      Display Spoiler

You will eventually run into deadly obstacles.

Of course there's puzzles too. But you are never safe...

DOWNLOAD LINKS: (currently version 1.1)
      http://www.sendspace.com/file/podwl9
      http://www.mediafire.com/?8caay4t4n0dacka

Leave a comment if you've tried the game, but please keep it spoiler free!
      Also, tell me about any bugs you find, OK?
      Thanks for playing! I love ya! <3

EDIT: Fixed a bug that prevented you from entering a cave.
      EDIT: Uploaded the game to MediaFire.
      ---
      Take Care!

The post was edited 5 times, last by 4Blackout ().

• Kazekage966 wrote:

my anti-virus says its a malicious file.. so i discarded to download it..
      if its a mistake pls resolve it.. i dont want to take risks since im tired of virus already.
      thanks
      That is unfortunate... My anti-virus says it's fine, and it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know what's wrong, but the file shouldn't be damaged at all. Can anyone confirm that the game works the way it should?
    • 4Blackout wrote:

Kazekage966 wrote:

my anti-virus says its a malicious file.. so i discarded to download it..
      if its a mistake pls resolve it.. i dont want to take risks since im tired of virus already.
      thanks
      That is unfortunate... My anti-virus says it's fine, and it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know what's wrong, but the file shouldn't be damaged at all. Can anyone confirm that the game works the way it should?
      sad.... really want to try it
    • You have no idea how much fun this game was!
      First of all, I was NOT expecting that! Don't be fooled by those screenshots!!! The game is SO MUCH MORE!!!!
      Second, I think the lagging was the only thing bad about the game (oh and the last guy we talk too, speaks another language and I can't understand what the F*** he's saying xDDD), but that can be easily changed with anti-lag scripts.
      Third, WHY DID IT HAVE TO END????!!!! D': I was having so much fun xDDD
      I can't wait to play more of the Barin Saga! Great work, man!
    • Plants wrote:

I'm currently downloading this game, i might make a commentary on this game if you would allow me ? thanks :D
      Yeah, sure! That would be great! =D I'd love to see it, so please PM me when you've uploaded it!

Kazekage966 wrote:

dude i really want to try it.. but it really says its a malicious file..
      can u upload it in different site? like mediafire?
      pls BRO!
      I can try to upload it to mediafire. I'll post a link soon! =)

MissNyan wrote:

Wow well hearing those guys say that bout the game i want to try it out :D will update with the thouthgts :Dsadasd
      Yay! Thanks bro! ^^

Karmylla wrote:

You have no idea how much fun this game was!
      First of all, I was NOT expecting that! Don't be fooled by those screenshots!!! The game is SO MUCH MORE!!!!
      Second, I think the lagging was the only thing bad about the game (oh and the last guy we talk too, speaks another language and I can't understand what the F*** he's saying xDDD), but that can be easily changed with anti-lag scripts.
      Third, WHY DID IT HAVE TO END????!!!! D': I was having so much fun xDDD
      I can't wait to play more of the Barin Saga! Great work, man!
      I'm sooo happy you liked it! Hearing from you players are what makes this fun! xD
      I hope the lag problem can be solved... (It runs fine on my computer) :O
      As for the strange language, you can always use google translate! It's Swedish, BTW.
      If you guys like it, maybe I'll upload another part of the Barin saga soon.
      Thanks for being awesome!! ^__________^
    • Karmylla wrote:

I can tell you that this game is more than what meets the eye ;) You'll have a lot of fun, playing it! xD

I just got this game yesterday, so i think i'll give it a try.. ;)

Aside of it..

Hey Karmylla, can you believe that i got 12 games already, only for RPGMaker? x)