What inspires you?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• One of my biggest insparations and role model is Bruce Lee. Because of people who mock Martial arts and the orient in general, its a huge shame that majority of people i meet don't know what Bruce Lee did to change how people look at Martial arts. He did what many thought was impossible, the one finger pushups and his one inch punch is what many believe to be faked, but in pure honesty, we thought inventing the car was imposstible 150 years ago, now there are 1.015+ Billion in there world.
      Furthermore, he was willing to put his time and effort to a huge scale, dedicating his life to creating the way of life called Jeet Kune Do. Its a Insult to call it a Martial Art or Philosophy. He did all of this at a time when the west was still hostile to the East in general opinion and Bruce was a great,Great fighter. He trained world Karate champions such as Chuck Norris, Joe Lewis, and Mike Stone. And beetween the 3 of them, during their training with Bruce they won every karate championship in the United States. And unlike others of the two different sides of the world, he accepted the existance of both and because of the film industry and his will to teach others, he was a bridge beetween west and East culture.
      Dan Inosanto, Ted Wong, Jerry Poteet, Chuck Norris, Richard Bustillo, Jesse Glover, Steve Golden, Patrick Strong, and Leo Fong are some/or all the 1st generation students of lee, and they all Hail from USA, Philippines, China, 3 one one the most powerful Martial Arts Hotspots today, excluding Japan. And those people have taught generations who have taught more generations into today, and Martial arts would be very different today if it wasn't for Bruce.In the last movie that bruce could film, was the Game of Death. He had filmed only 40 minutes before his death. And The golden harvest group had no choice but to re make new footage of a Lee look alike to make a story completely against what Game of Death was meant for, showing different styles/incorporations of Martial arts and their advantages, such as Hap Ki do,Filipino Martial arts, Sin Moo Hapkido, Wing chun and Jeet Kune Do.

Overall, seeing Bruce's story taught me a alot of things. It really doesn't matter who you are, hard work, and the knowledge and weill to do so is all you need to become what you want. It just take intelligence to become more amazing.And further more,I learnt it doesn't matter who you are, but how you form to how you become.

RIP Lee Jun-fan (李振藩)
      AKA Bruce Lee.

• What inspires me?

Probably playing video games, as well as a reading a bit of crappy fanfiction.
      I also get inspired by other people's struggles, and then when they succeed.

And you, Beeks, you inspur meh.

"Lefi is lefi
      if someone try to change lefi
      lefi will be mad
      lefi will fak yer shit up"
      Brootal c:

I love Mkerix, more than my Pokemon.<3
    • Revolver Ocelot wrote:

Overall, seeing Bruce's story taught me a alot of things. It really doesn't matter who you are, hard work, and the knowledge and weill to do so is all you need to become what you want. It just take intelligence to become more amazing.And further more,I learnt it doesn't matter who you are, but how you form to how you become.

RIP Lee Jun-fan (李振藩)
      AKA Bruce Lee.

Dude you are amazing. I used to watch all of his film because I had the dvds but I'm not sure if I still have it. It was incredibly sad that he died and I'm glad I'm brought up in a family where we watch 60s-90s Chinese/Cantonese films.
      Had a tonne of them at my grandparent's place
    • The so far incomplete and partially succesful story of humanity, music (mostly Imganie Dragons), famous scientists (Charles Drawins, Neil Degrasse Tyson, etc.) and the notion that there is always something more to learn of.
    • I guess what inspires me would be human behaviour and thought processes.

I'm studying a design diploma and I'm surrounded by people who are really great at what they do, and better than me (in my opinion). While I see that many others gain inspiration and are amazed by renowned designers and their work, these kind of things barely make me twitch. However, I do love when my friends talk about their work and their processes, on how they've arrived at such a design solution. From there, ideas generate in my head and it's quite different from the inspiration.
      Renowned designers still do gain my attention, but I guess I'm more focused on their ethereal qualities and their work processes, understanding how their brains function and what led to their great work. Rejected works also inspire me since they are also part of the process. One example would be Marian Bantjes' book, Pretty Pictures. It features all her work, and how she got to the final product.

I really like to understand people's journeys. :D