Do you play an instrument? Or would you like to?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I used to play the bass but it was an on and off thing that was inspired by my dad when he was in a band. After my drawing and gaming addiction grew I kind of just stopped. Guitar Hero did get me back into it for a while during university but again I stopped eventually. DAMN YOU STEAM SALES AND YOUR ADDICTIVE STREAM OF GAMING BARGAINS!
      There is always time for muffins.
    • I took piano lessons for about a year or two? I don't have a keyboard or piano in my house so I can't practice anymore :/ I got a guitar for Christmas, I've been trying to learn but its too hard for me lol, so I'm getting lessons in the summer.
      EDIT: I can also play the recorder :)
      [Today, 12:00am]Emilyandlizzytv: you guys are mean!
      [Today, 12:00am]Emilyandlizzytv: dont laugh shane!
      [Today, 12:00am]dclyde18: FAIL
      [Today, 12:00am]Emilyandlizzytv: i ruined a great come back
      [Today, 12:00am]Dart737: BAHAHAHAHA
      [Today, 11:59pm]Emilyandlizzytv: -.-
      [Today, 11:59pm]Emilyandlizzytv: NOW WHO CANT SPEEL!
      [Today, 11:59pm]dclyde18: *it
      [Today, 11:59pm]dclyde18: iy isn't

The post was edited 1 time, last by dclyde18 ().

• Let's see......

Piano (I was born to play the piano), bass, clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, violin (just started), guitar, singing, flute, sitar (don't even ask), synth/keyboard, trumpet.

Yep... Alot....
      Trumpet is the only brass I play, which is sad.
      All of this I have been playing for at least 3 - 4 years. Except the sitar, piano, and violin.

I also forgot percussion. I only play a little snare. I mostly play bass drum.

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

"As long as it doesn't kill me, college is a lot of fun."
    • Piano all the way. Self-taught, never bothered to get lessons. I'm pretty content with the progress I've made too. I have a CDP-120. It's an awesome keyboard, and it's been my best friend for the past year or so.
      Hello. I'm sure you're all wondering why you're reading this. Likely because you thought this would be something interesting. I am going to tell you right now that you might have made the correct decision if not for the fact that trusting strangers is something your parents told you not to do when you were a kid. You should always, always listen to your parents on every single issue ever. Therefore I regret to inform you that reading this was a complete waste of your time.
    • Ryuzaki wrote:

Let's see......

Piano (I was born to play the piano), bass, clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, violin (just started), guitar, singing, flute, sitar (don't even ask), synth/keyboard, trumpet.

Yep... Alot....
      Trumpet is the only brass I play, which is sad.
      All of this I have been playing for at least 3 - 4 years. Except the sitar, piano, and violin.

I also forgot percussion. I only play a little snare. I mostly play bass drum.

whoa man, make me more jealous! that's a ton of instruments you play!
      "Bonds of people is the true power"

My gallery on deviantArt -> lldimall.deviantart.com/
    • I like playing my fendor, and I've had it for 2 years now; however, I haven't played my guitar long enough to shred or entertain others, but I know enough to learn different songs on my own time without the help of others. I find it hard to find time for it since I keep myself busy a lot, but when I do I feel great playing it, but at the same time kinda upset that I'm not playing as good as I should. Maybe if I have someone practice with me and not laugh, since I'm rusty, I could find more time to improve and polish my skills.
      GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!
    • I played trumpet for a couple years. Wasn't for me. Switched to Guitar. Wasn't really feeling it, now I play piano off and on.

Never really been a huge instrument person but I LOVE some of the stuff people can do with them. Haha

Check out Lindsey Stirling if you don't know who she is. Amazing violinist. Never would have thought I would like a violinist, but she puts an amazing spin on things!
      My YouTube can be found here ! Any criticism is welcome! ;D Thanks bros! :D
    • I play guitar since I'm 13 years old. I got my guitar when I was 12, but I had a broken clavicle, so I stored my guitar somewhere and began a year later x)

I learned by myself at first with a book of System of a Down tabs. Then, my mother found a private guitar teacher in town. It helped me a lot!

Now I'm intermediate, but I don't play a lot because of college. But when I do, it makes me live again. You should continue playing piano, music makes me free and makes me forget about my problems. Lately, I've learned Dust in the wind by Kansas. This was the first time I practiced finger picking. It was really hard for me, and at first it didn't sound well. But I kept trying and I practiced all the time, even with people around, and now playing this song litterally makes me high, though I don't do drugs x)

Have this experience too and continue, there's no such beautiful thing as music, and there's nothing like improvisation or interpretation :p
      BUBBLES!!
    • I do play a instrument

I play an 5 Stringed custom made Bas guitar that i played in 3 years now. I do own Two Bases but this custom one is my first i ever own and it's my favorite.
      I did create a band two years back but i didn't work with members that just leaving me and didn't want to cooperate as a Band!
      Well Wasn't that good playing bas guitar at that time until now and Rocksmith came haha! :thumbsup:
      Mr-Araya ---------Bro Fist!
    • i play violin and guitar.
      ive played violin for 3 and a half years and guitar for one and a half year :)
      lol it takes a lot of my free time and its not easy to practise almost everyday with all the homework:P
      i take both violin and guitar lessons, but ive only taken guitar lessons for a half year but im mostly self learned( i learn more at home)
      *brofist* :)
    • Yes. I've been playing the saxophone for 4 years now, the guitar for 1 1/2 years, the drums for 1/2 a year, and i would like to learn how to play the piano/keyboard.
      "One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

-Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Kingdom Hearts)
    • I've played violin for five years now. :) I love it.
      I really want to learn how to play piano. I have a feeling the piano would be a passion for me. But when I was younger, I didn't have a chance to learn it and I still hopefully have a full life left so I have time to learn :3
      I am going in to get my guitar tuned fairly soon and I will start to teach myself how to play guitar. My friend could help me, she knows how to play the guitar.
      Link Start!