Do you play an instrument? Or would you like to?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Do you play an instrument? Or would you like to?

As of title, do you play any instruments? If yes, how long? If not, what would you like to learn to play?

For me, i play the piano just a little. I've studied music by myself, but just theory. I still can't coordinate well when playing, and i also practice only when i'm alone... lately there's always someone at home, so i'm not practicing at all.
      That's somehow stupid, but i can't relax well when there's people going around.

Anyways, i focus way more on drawing, i mostly LISTEN to piano music: i guess playing it will remain a dream :P
      "Bonds of people is the true power"

My gallery on deviantArt -> lldimall.deviantart.com/
    • I used to play the piano a lot when I was younger. But then my mum started forcing me to play more- so I rebelled and stopped playing.
      I haven't learnt anything new on it for the past couple of years, but I intend to start playing again during the summer.

I can also do basic songs on the violin. It is one of my favourite instruments- I haven't been able to play it since I left high school, as I was using a school borrowed violin and didn't have my own. :(

I really want to start playing the guitar- but I don't own one at the moment.
      Maybe next year.
      I don't do much, but I occasionally tumbl .
    • I must agree on the violin, it's quite a beautiful instrument. Personally in this case, i prefer just listening to it, as i feel it to be difficult to be played... but i have no experience, so it's just a feel.

I sort of envy you guys, i never had the will to constantly practice on it.

Just a question, did you study/practice by yourself or you had a teacher?
      "Bonds of people is the true power"

My gallery on deviantArt -> lldimall.deviantart.com/
    • I play guitar (3 or 4 years I think...)
      Drums (2 years)
      Bass (sort of)
      I sing and I scream (exhale but I'm learning to inhale)
      I'm self taught in all of them :)
      I've been told I'm good but compared to all the other people on my music tech corse in college I'm really not so I need a LOT of improvement xD

I've been in about 3 bands now as both vocals and a guitarist, my second band recorded a 4 track demo with a terrible lead vocalist who we kicked out after our biggest gig but then the band fell apart :/

I'm in my 4th band at the moment but it's not going anywhere as we don't have a singer or a drummer and our rhythm guitarist doesn't turn up :/
      but that's the hit-and-miss nature of wanting to be in a band xD

I think I've covered everything there :P
      (V) ( ;,,,; ) (V) - Why not Zoidberg?
    • Hah, i would love to learn either piano or electric guitar (Or even bass). And i've learned both Pianica(Orwhatever) and Flute before... But it doesn't seems to.... Satisfy me...

And, oh. I love piano because of it's possibility to re-arrange almost every kind of music around.. Like

And they could be both relaxing and soothing... While also got the possibility to make our heart pumps like a mofo

And i love electric guitar cos can

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
    • Dandy Dragon wrote:

Hah, i would love to learn either piano or electric guitar (Or even bass). And i've learned both Pianica(Orwhatever) and Flute before... But it doesn't seems to.... Satisfy me...

And, oh. I love piano because of it's possibility to re-arrange almost every kind of music around.. Like

And they could be both relaxing and soothing... While also got the possibility to make our heart pumps like a mofo

I'm not a pro but i can help teach the basics for guitar if you want
    • Magragosh wrote:

Dandy Dragon wrote:

Hah, i would love to learn either piano or electric guitar (Or even bass). And i've learned both Pianica(Orwhatever) and Flute before... But it doesn't seems to.... Satisfy me...

I'm not a pro but i can help teach the basics for guitar if you want
      Ack, if only i had one.

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
    • I don't but I'd like to :D

I don't play how to play seriously... But I know how to play two nursery rhymes XD

I don't think that counts as an achievement don't ya think? :D
      But I do like listening to a good piano!

So I really would like to know how to play truthfully... ^^
      Images
      • 577198_593852620642576_2055820798_n.jpg

71.16 kB, 629×640, viewed 67 times
      When everything goes wrong... You KNOW someone's trolling you.... 8)

• I play the guitar,bass,drums,piano/synth and I sing pretty well(within my own vocal range of course) lol. All self-taught too. I guess it's something I take pride in. However, this is why I'm going to school for Music Production so that I can get a formal approach to music. If anyone needs any music or instrument help. I'm always around. :)