Asshole parents? Wanna vent?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm not one to easily get pissed, but my father manages to do this constantly. I'll give two examples and be quick, but things like this happen on a daily basis.
      I had to take apart my Mosin-Nagant in order to clean it. The bolt comes off if you pull the trigger down while pulling it back. I didn't know this at first, for it was my first time cleaning the gun. I sat there struggling for about 10 minutes while my father is laughing at me even though I asked him for help. When he finally did help, he turned around (so I couldn't see) and said it was "magic". -_- Eventually I figured it out on my own.
      The other incident was I had to move my father's racecar (he's in the middle of a mid life crisis). Everyone knows how you get in and out of a racecar right? Through the window. Well I'm a big girl... I had a hard time getting back out. So again, even though I'm begging my father for help, he just sits back laughing. No, not only laughing but saying, "It's like your going through the birth canal, whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaa." The worst thing is, if I complain it's my fault because I'm too emotionally soft, and if I try and stand up to him, I'm "disrespecting" him. There is no winning.
      Boobs Bacon
    • Intro, read this. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi

Should Judith, who was pretty much held hostage and abused by her father, be grateful that she was given a place to sleep? I mean, she got shot when she was asleep. But it's her parent, so they couldent possibly be bad. In fact, any abuse given by a parent should be forgiven because they birthed them. Accident or not.

Worst comes to show, ignorance is bliss. One with good parents would be spoiled enough to look down at other people for disliking their parents.
    • wow so glad don't have parents like yours even though my dad can be a bit abusive and gets really angry and yelled at me over stupid things like the remote control.... and there relationship is messed up and have a messed up past.... and i only recently found out as they kept it quite before ... that's why im definitely going to move out when im 18 don't know how i didn't find out earlier...
      blah ... :P
    • In my opinion, telling off people with bad parents just PROVES how easy you've had it. Some parents don't realize that they have a little person in their arms who could be powerful and will be meaningful in the future. Some parents don't grow up themselves until after their kids are grown themselves.

Parents have a responsibility for their child, but you can't always trust a kid with something valuable.

p.s. in the comparison:
      the kid= parent
      the valuable thingy= kid of parent
      "You either die a hero or Live long enough to see yourself become the villian."
      -Batman 8)
    • NO , parents are not assholes
      To me , my parents are my leaders , they raise me , they teached me , they spent money and time on me , specially my lovely mother . She struggled 9 months for me.

But to you misfit , you really have bad parents D: , you should still love them at least .
      Have a talk to your mom or dad . Tell them what you feel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AJ mad ().

• I agree, you should be grateful to your parents, but to some extent. My dad, never takes my side in anything. He's the first person to go against what I say, even in a totally messed up matter. Which makes me insane. My mom doesn't want to say anything either, she tries but to no avail. If I ever get into an argument, I feel like its a fight to the death. My dad likes to get me pissed at anything. At things I do my best at, he spits at it and says he could do better. Whenever I help him out with his job. He yells at me whenever I try to suggest a more efficient method. I have. A reason to hate. If there's any consolation, at least my parents don't treat me as a slave, like my cousin, they treat me like some insignificant blade of grass. At least then they don't worry about turf builder, I can take care of myself damn fine.
    • My parents aren't that assholes, my mom is really nice and my dad isn't that nice but still a good dad, when it comes to arguing with me it takes years, and the worse thing is that my mom always tries to get me back when they make me rage :/
      Your local anthropomorphic fox, SCP fan, 682 Minion and Great Cornholio