Trading in Xbox for PS3?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Trading in Xbox for PS3?

You guys think it's a great idea to switch to ps3? I have heard that playing online for ps3 is free, unlike xbox where you have to buy cards to get more live, or pay by credit/debit cards. So bros, I need your help to help me decide on deciding which system is the best decision. Leaving reasons, advantages, disadvantages will help me decide. :|
      Visit my channel...IF YOU DARE!!!
      "Specializes in horror...not"
    • Live is free on Ps3 But it isnt really that much live costs on xbox, and you can find xbox live really cheap on the internet. I prefer xbox. I think the controllers are much better. And there will also soon come a new xbox 720 and also soon a Ps4 So mabye you should wait for that :3 and chek out what the new xbox will be like, it scannes your room and then your room be comes a part of the game youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w&feature=player_embedded
    • Unless I can just get both, buy the ps3 when I have a lot of spending money and keep my xbox
      To Shikieiki Yamaxanadu: I heard that you won't be able to play ps3 games on the ps4 though, so I don't think I'll get the ps4, anyway, I'm only getting ps3 for 2 games I really want to play that is ONLY for ps3
      To Flamez3: Most of my friends don't even go online on Xbox anymore. They either transferred to ps3 or pc.
      To OfficialBarrel: Yeah, Xbox 720 does look awesome, but dunno if I'll get it, same goes for ps4
      Visit my channel...IF YOU DARE!!!
      "Specializes in horror...not"

The post was edited 1 time, last by RexReflex ().

• The Sony Meeting that showed the PS4 stated that the PS4 will not be backwards compatible. PS3 games will eventually be made available through digital download kind of like PS2 & 1 classics. This is kind of a given since the PS4 is now using a super charged AMD system instead of Sony's Cell for the PS3.

Does nobody else think that whole Xbox Illumi Room Projector just looks horrible and distracting?

Either way back on topic. The PS3 has tons of excellent first party titles that you need to get your hands dug into if you haven't been on a PS3 before. You have Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, MGS 4, Infamous, God of War, Playstation All-Stars, Motorstorm, Wipeout, Fat Princess, Little Big Planet, Killzone, etc, etc. The library is massive compared to the 360. So now is the best time to switch seeing as the PS3 has now dipped in price along with all the great game bundles that also come with it.

Also don't forget about PS Plus, which is like a Live subscription but you get free first party games every week. I believe this month is Sleeping Dogs, Jet Set Radio, Wipeout 2048 and Bioshock 2!
      There is always time for muffins.
    • i have a ps3 just cause 9/10 of my friends have it, i kinda regret it. i would die to be able to redo that choice, i mostly play cod, when i started playing black ops 2 my ps3 started to end up like shit, blocking so much it's not even funny anymore. also, for xbox you have to pay, BUT the xbox has the exclusives and stuff like that. and yes, you can wait for the next gen consoles but that's still like 9 months away from now, you can already pre-order the ps4 if you want to but still, it's 9 months ...
    • Most likely the ps4 will win over the xbox because the controllers are reallly comfortable to use, games you can choose the resolution and it is easy to play because sometimes on the xbox there are so many people that the xbox live just crashes and you cannot play multiplayer for a long time (like 30 minutes or less) but ps4 or ps3 doesnt happen that so yeah
    • Yes online ps3 is free, but the servers are quite shitty, yes you pay 40 bucks for 1 year xbox live but you get better online quality for it I guess.

I'm gonna switch my ps3 for xbox soon because I'm quite done with the ps3, thing is slow as hell so yea idk.

"People will laugh at your dreams, then hate you when you made them come true."
    • Wobblematic wrote:

Yes online ps3 is free, but the servers are quite shitty, yes you pay 40 bucks for 1 year xbox live but you get better online quality for it I guess.

I'm gonna switch my ps3 for xbox soon because I'm quite done with the ps3, thing is slow as hell so yea idk.

You do realise that individual third party games like Call of Duty and Battlefield use their publisher's own servers? So basically you are telling me that Microsoft pay third parties for better quality servers over their competition? I don't think so buddy.

The myth that your 40 bucks a year pays for your "high quality servers" is actually complete tosh. If this is so then why is Black Ops 2 lagging so badly on 360 & PS3 combined? Why is Gears of War 1 and 2 still in a state of lagging chaos even after so many years? Your 40 bucks does nothing more than buy your manipulators more boats and G5 airplanes. You do realise that all of those hefty ads that Microsoft slam onto your 360 dashboard would pay for the servers themselves through the advertising rights?

Now you could then go on to say that maybe it pays for extra data security but then why has all that money not been able to stop two server breaches this year alone not including all the years Xbox Live has been active.

Don't follow the fanboy lies and look at the bigger picture. Old, fat businessmen want your money and they will make sure your priveledges are stripped from your until you pay for them.
      There is always time for muffins.
    • Noirproxy wrote:

Wobblematic wrote:

Yes online ps3 is free, but the servers are quite shitty, yes you pay 40 bucks for 1 year xbox live but you get better online quality for it I guess.

You do realise that individual third party games like Call of Duty and Battlefield use their publisher's own servers? So basically you are telling me that Microsoft pay third parties for better quality servers over their competition? I don't think so buddy.

The myth that your 40 bucks a year pays for your "high quality servers" is actually complete tosh. If this is so then why is Black Ops 2 lagging so badly on 360 & PS3 combined? Why is Gears of War 1 and 2 still in a state of lagging chaos even after so many years? Your 40 bucks does nothing more than buy your manipulators more boats and G5 airplanes. You do realise that all of those hefty ads that Microsoft slam onto your 360 dashboard would pay for the servers themselves through the advertising rights?

Now you could then go on to say that maybe it pays for extra data security but then why has all that money not been able to stop two server breaches this year alone not including all the years Xbox Live has been active.

Don't follow the fanboy lies and look at the bigger picture. Old, fat businessmen want your money and they will make sure your priveledges are stripped from your until you pay for them.

i did know that to BUT i have black ops 2 for ps3, and since i installed it, my ps3 went to hell ... blocks so many times ... even the singleplayer, you know the saving icon? with the orange stripe moving? watch it very, very, very carefully and you will see what i mean ;)
    • Meh, I'd go ps3. I used to have an xbox, and its really not that expensive to pay for live...but the money you save by not paying = more games or other stuff that is more important. The ps3 controllers are really annoying cause triggers and thumbsticks are terribru...thanks dualshock. Anyways you can just buy an '"xbox" one that works for ps3 for like under $40. Other than exclusive games for both sides, not really any giant ups positives or negatives.

Also @Wobble - The PSN servers aren't shit, its your connection to the publishers servers. Example: BF3 runs on EA/Origin servers, not PSN.