Should I "quit" my real job?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Should I "quit" my real job?

Quit? 36
        Yes (32) 89%
        No (4) 11%
      First off I wouldn't exactly be quitting my job. I would be taking a leave of absence, meaning I'm still employed and can come back whenever I need to, but I am not actively working.
      I work at the hell hole known as McDonald's. I usually haven't found it too be o so horrible I couldn't stand it, but lately I have been scheduled 30+ hours a week while I am also going to college full time with 5 classes.
      Even if I don't quit I will be asking for a massive reduction in hours that I work, but both my grades and health have been suffering from my schedule. I can't make it through the day without collapsing basically.
      So I'm asking your own opinion on this. Simply vote yes or no, and if you feel like it, go ahead and tell me why you picked what you did.
      Thanks in advance!
      Boobs Bacon
    • I clicked on yes, only and only because you said it's not permanent leaving.
      Just like in marcus' case. Real life comes first and when it's settled or at least you're in comfort, then you can concentrate on stealing bans from vicsyyy ;P
      I wouldn't even say you have to remove your mod status just tell us and mr.boss that you need time. Marcus stayed mod, so why can't you ?
      I'm just saying real life can be a bigger bitch if not treated well. ;D
      Bullshit. Don't read this.
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bundyclan ().

• Bundyclan wrote:

I clicked on yes, only and only because you said it's not permanent leaving.
      Just like in marcus' case. Real life comes first and when it's settled or at least you're in comfort, then you can concentrate on stealing bans from vicsyyy ;P
      I wouldn't even say you have to remove your mod status just tell us and mr.boss that you need time. Marcus stayed mod, so why can't you ?
      I'm just saying real life can be a bigger bitch if not treated well. ;D
      She never even said it was about the moderator gig. She means quitting McDolan's.

I have to say, because I am guessing you're getting minimum wage. Finish school and look for something better if you can manage your money well enough to last until then. Good luck.
      "I've begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it."
      "When this paper aeroplane leaves the cliff edge, and carves parallel vapour trails in the dark, we will come together."
    • well GG bundy. I've just read it again. Well... it's late, I'll say that's the reason for my dumbness.
      Anywho , in that case, I'd say try to find another place to work at. Don't know how they pay you though. If they pay you well enough, well , it might be horrible to hear, but I think you should stay. If they are not paying well, f* them.
    • emoteddylion wrote:

Money isn't much an issue for me, but it's nice to know that not everyone just says yes because fuck reasons.

Well, another thing I forgot to mention which is far more important than money. In the future if you want to apply for a job, they will most probably ask for any past regarding jobs, job experience. And if you got stuff to write down , you already have an advantage. <--- even though I clicked on "yes" , this is a reason why you shouldn't quit.
    • I might not be the most active member on the forum, so I dunno how much my opinion will count, but I've had personal experience...
      I have been in your position before. I really would suggest quitting or take a hiatus as the most important thing in my opinion is ensuring that you stay healthy.
      I was working full time in a pub kitchen, alongside a full time 30hr college course. I ignored all warnings from my actual college lecturers stating that I shouldn't work full time and complete 5 A levels at the same time. I actually became very ill due to this I actually lost my job and to make matters worth I ended up having to leave college as I was so ill I ended up falling behind and couldn't catch up. I lost my job and I also lost my qualification.

In conclusion, GIVE UP your job, or reduce it to as minimal as possible and complete your course. Then you can actually get a better job with your qualification.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever decision you make

I am an experience musician and available to
      hire for your game projects for more visit my Soundcloudor click here
      PM me for more info
    • To be honest you have answered your own question. If your education and health is being affected by your job then yeah take a temporary break from it. Also you need to remember that your qualifications will get you to greener pastures aka a better job, so just go into work knowing you are going to be heading in a greater direction in the future.

I am not going to choose yes, or no because this is solely down to you. We shouldn't really vote to decide your future, this isn't Rome 246 BC.

First you need to calculate what hours you are able to do to keep enough money coming in to look after yourself. You need to make a little bit of a balance but don't be scared to take a loss to prioritise study, such as forgoing certain luxuries.
      There is always time for muffins.
    • What makes you happy!

I say quit because I've been told by many wise adults that a job should be something you enjoy doing and something where you gain great value from if you think you don't gain much and if the job only makes you regret going back then I say don't bother going back. Do what makes you happy and follow your heart and destiny will lead the way :) Good Luck! In both this situation and in life :)
      As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
      appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

TechOFreak128 on YouTube!
    • I say yes just because I'm at Uni right now and I couldn't imagine working that much with my schedule either.

Studying+class+wanting a social life is really tough to have with that much of a workload. I currently work once every few weekends just to keep my benefits. I'm perfectly happy with it, too.

So I say yes. :)
      My YouTube can be found here ! Any criticism is welcome! ;D Thanks bros! :D