[Suggestion] Rules notification

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• [Suggestion] Rules notification

Do you think this should be done 16
        Yes (11) 69%
        No (6) 38%
      I was thinking and people seem to come up with the excuse of not knowing the rules, So i was wondering if there would be a way of making a pop up or a notification to tell the person when they log in or sign up, What the rules are. This will give the user no excuse to not know what the rules are and will hopefully stop new people or current users from spamming.

Thanks for your time
    • The rules are stated in various threads, they are accessible throughout the site and they are displayed when you register.

There is already no excuse to not know them.
      "I've begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it."
      "When this paper aeroplane leaves the cliff edge, and carves parallel vapour trails in the dark, we will come together."
    • I see what Wobble is saying. Although the rules are short, that doesn't garutee that every new user will read the rules, and the people who don't read the rules don't follow them; and that's the last thing this place needs. In my opinion, I think it would be smart to go with Sawyer's idea, but make the rules stay on top of the main page for the first day on the site, so they can't skip it straight away and they see them every time they access the main page for the first 24 hours of the account being made. This way the rules will be drummed into them, no problem. [Doesn't have to be 24 whole hours, maybe just a few, like 6.]
      formally thejoker123
    • Sharky wrote:

Most of the people click agree on License and Agreements without reading because they are long and boring as fuck.

The rules here are short, and kinda put in an interesting way.

I don't see why anyone could be that lazy so as to avoid reading that.

You do understand that people here tend to not read the rules even when they get it shoved in their face right? Has nothing to do with being long or short. They just don't read it.

• Am I really the only one who doesn't want a popup stating the rules everytime I log in? (I even helped with writing some of them)

I can be a-okay with making a button on the navbar, as it's already been suggested several times.
      I do think however that making that button would be redundant since the rules, as stated, are not hard to come by.

Admittedly, "Terms of Use" might not make people think "Ah, rules." and that could be a problem.
      "I've begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it."
      "When this paper aeroplane leaves the cliff edge, and carves parallel vapour trails in the dark, we will come together."
    • Toyosatomimi No Miko wrote:

Change it to "How to talk to Pewdiepie in private"
      And everyone will visit it.
      Would probably not work since they'll skim through it for like half a minute then be like, Hey, fuck you too.
    • FredTheSavage wrote:

Am I really the only one who doesn't want a popup stating the rules everytime I log in? (I even helped with writing some of them)

I can be a-okay with making a button on the navbar, as it's already been suggested several times.
      I do think however that making that button would be redundant since the rules, as stated, are not hard to come by.

Admittedly, "Terms of Use" might not make people think "Ah, rules." and that could be a problem.

It's not everytime you log in, it's just only when you register.

"People will laugh at your dreams, then hate you when you made them come true."
    • FredTheSavage wrote:

Am I really the only one who doesn't want a popup stating the rules everytime I log in? (I even helped with writing some of them)

A button ['Rules'] on the navbar is probably the best idea for the moment.
    • If they don't read it when registering, when the site ASKS them to read it and they are like YOLO, that just simply means we can warn/kick/ban them without feeling regrets when they will break the rules simultaneously.
      And these people will only read the rules when they have been warned about it and then either we or they will look up the rules.

Not saying this whole thing is a bad idea , I'm just saying that if they don't choose to read it when it would be necessary why is it that we are the ones who need to apply for their needs? Nevertheless , we could do it cause we are good guy gregs, right ?
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bundyclan ().

• There already is a button, scroll all the way down and click "Terms of use", just saying.
      And, since you accept the terms of use when signing up, you give us all legal rights to do whatever we think is right with your account and data. Meaning, you have to face the consequences.