PewdieQuest or Whatever

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Otter wrote:

So I was wondering if anyone had any level layout ideas?
      I'm having trouble coming up with puzzles to fit the games mechanics properly.
      Sorry that this wasn't answered sooner, Otter.

Plenty of old games that I played had levels that almost entirely vertical. Some had rising water that the hero had to escape from, or time limits and Turrican even had ones on a jetpack. That could all make for interesting gameplay. Even if you use none of those things, you could make things fun with big drops, awkward jumps and long stretches between checkpoints.

Being chased is also a good idea. Any big monsters that Pewdie's fought in any games spring to mind? The big worm Colossus (#10/"Dirge")? The big spider from Limbo?

Ever thought about vehicle levels? Pewdie riding Abro! And Marzia riding CLOP!
    • Alright, so after thinking about it a bit I decided platforming doesn't really fit into a good style for Pewds (and I don't really have a lot of ideas or motivation right now) so I'll putting this project on hold for now.
      I was thinking of perhaps making an rpg instead. Not a horror rpg type thing, but a level up type one with horror elements.
    • robinkooli wrote:

Otter wrote:

I began on the music.

This is the WIP title theme. It's missing a lot of instruments and stuff.
      vocaroo.com/i/s02dnduPd7Rm

If anyone would like to assist me with music that would be great :)
      It takes time to make something sound good and that time could be spent on other aspects of the game.

What program you used?

He probably uses some sort of IDE to code in a C-style language (C, C++, C#, etc) That means real programming, not a simple tool to create the game. Although there might be some platformer easy-to-make game engines out there, he's not using a "program" to create this, he's writing his own program :P
    • Ultimate Brofist Power: Pewds goes into rage, boosting attack and speed, while taking less (or no) damage for a limited time.
      Can be activated after killing X enemies.

Possible story: Barrels, along with SCP-dude, bros, Ruben's mom, etc. kidnap the King. It's up to Pewds and his brochachos to save the day. Travel through fields, deserts, caves, labs, whatever to the Barrellair where King Barrel has taken refuge.

Can make it so that every chapter the background changes, along with the "common enemies", to a different game. E.g: Chapter 1: inside creepy houses, dungeons, common enemy: barrel, rare enemy: bro, special rare enemy: water monster, boss: King Barrel. (Amnesia)
      Chapter 2: creepy city, apartment buildings, common enemy: crazy woman, rare enemy: ruben's mom, special rare enemy: sawrunner, boss: Flying Bed. (Cry of fear)

Can go on and on, just use games that Pewds played for this

Good luck, you must be getting a ton of work lately :D
      Got questions? PM me! :thumbsup:
    • Hey Otter, any new updates?
      And to the mods and admins: it says this thread is done but I'm pretty sure it isnt, weird.
      [Today, 12:00am]Emilyandlizzytv: you guys are mean!
      [Today, 12:00am]Emilyandlizzytv: dont laugh shane!
      [Today, 12:00am]dclyde18: FAIL
      [Today, 12:00am]Emilyandlizzytv: i ruined a great come back
      [Today, 12:00am]Dart737: BAHAHAHAHA
      [Today, 11:59pm]Emilyandlizzytv: -.-
      [Today, 11:59pm]Emilyandlizzytv: NOW WHO CANT SPEEL!
      [Today, 11:59pm]dclyde18: *it
      [Today, 11:59pm]dclyde18: iy isn't
    • Otter wrote:

Alright, so after thinking about it a bit I decided platforming doesn't really fit into a good style for Pewds (and I don't really have a lot of ideas or motivation right now) so I'll putting this project on hold for now.
      I was thinking of perhaps making an rpg instead. Not a horror rpg type thing, but a level up type one with horror elements.
      But your sprites... are so cute D: