Childhood wishes, dreams? And now? If different, what changed it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'd always wanted to be a vet, but seeing other people in college going along the same path, I realised it just wasn't for me. Although I love animals the whole seeing them in pain and such would be too much for me. I'm still wanting to follow my ambition of creating games though, dedicating my time to learning it but its not easy :(

Goals: 450/500 subs
      Every subscriber is special <3 : ItsTehShadow's Channel
    • I've always wanted to be an actor or rockstar. Still my dream, though I've pretty much given up on it. With Youtube though, I feel like I can still partially make that dream come true (entertaining people from all over the world), so that's why I really love making videos. <3 I think it's absolutely fantastic if you can make people from all over the world smile and possibly make their day just that little bit better. :D
      Fast speaking Dutchman who enjoys talking to his computer screen in an
      attempt to entertain people. Slightly insane, completely awesome.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
    • When I was a child... my wishes were all very controlling. I wanted so many things the list was endless mostly toys and a magic box full of money and I wanted my family to be healthy, especially for my grandma, as I grew up, I had to watch illness deplete her life. I probably prayed for at least 20 things every night before going to bed. Then lay around for an hour thinking about what life was about and shit. As for dreams during my childhood, it was pretty scary stuff. Weird dark, and light figures. Weird scenarios and a reoccurring dream of drowning. *shrug*

As I have become older my dreams usually consist of replays of the past. Sad stuff rather than scary things, like lost loved ones and pets.
      *sigh*

I've learned to kind of give up control and let things flow. My fantasy would be to travel without a care in the world around the world and ride all the roller coasters, I love those things. Also, taste all of the foooood. I don't money tobe an issue, it's such an annoying thing.
      I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet someone that I feel uber comfortable being myself around, I can be crazy and sensitive and I hate when people make me feel like shit for just being myself, yeap...

As for what changed... I think it all comes with age. Time is relative and things unravel as you live on. You find certain things are not important or way out of your control. It's best to just be in the present. Work for what you want in the future, right now!
      May we not lose our breath during times we wish to endure.
    • My first dream was to be an assassin like Storm Shadow from GI Joe, but then I realized that was unlikely since, well I'd be murdering people for money. My early teens I wanted to be a gynecologist for obvious reasons but then I found out I'd be looking at those obvious reasons for the WRONG reasons.
      And now I dream of being a full time YouTuber, but until that becomes a reality I'll just work my 9-5 :)
    • When I was a kid, I never could make up my mind on what I wanted to be. It'd be like one day I would want to be a vet, and another day I wanted to be a singer. It would always depend on what I was doing at the time and the things I would think about. When I'd watch an awesome movie, I'd imagine being there and being a part of the adventure. Has anyone else done that?
      Nowadays I just don't know what would suit me. I've narrowed my choices down quite a bit, but the only thing that I know for sure is what I don't want to be. Like, for instance, I would never ever ever be an actress or a singer. I know that because they're always doing their best to hide from the public, because they would be sabotaged everywhere they go by fans. I wouldn't want to have random people taking pictures of me while I'm grocery shopping or something like that, would you? And as far as doctors go... A. Blood and guts and broken bones freak me out, and B. I don't want to make a mistake and cost someone an arm or their life or something.
      I know for sure I want to help people. And earlier in the year I had gone to a third world country with a bunch of other kids to help build a school for a village. Though the work was hard, I absolutely loved it. The kids were amazing, the people were nice, and knowing that I was making a difference is a great thing to experience. I would jump for a chance to do that again. I guess that's my dream: To go out with a bunch of friends and help people who need it most. Is there a job for that? Can you guys suggest something?
      Sorry for the long response, guys. Didn't mean to make it as long as it is!