Role Model

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Well, for one, Pewdiepie inspires me, I especially like his vlogs and the videos that just include his face, they just seem more personal and heartfelt to me..

A role model though? I wouldn't say that I had one. I mean, there are little things in a lot of people that I like, and I admire and want as my own qualities, but everyone has their weaknesses, no matter who they are.

Oh, and then there's the turkey. Turkey's are awesome..
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • My grandmother for one. She raised four daughters by herself, was married twice (her first husband and my grandfather was a drunk, and her second husband was a bigot - took her for her money), and she sacrificed a lot for her family to keep them fed. She was a fighter until the very end, when she had to face three types of cancer - first breast, than lung, and finally multiple brain tumors took her life. She independent up until the very end when she couldn't afford to walk without support because of her treatments. I'll always cherish her, and respect her for who she was.

My father and mother didn't have a lot of money - and they put themselves in debt for the sake of us kids - and I'll always honor them. We suffered a great loss when my dad passed away, and while my mom fell into that depression for a couple of weeks, she still managed to keep her head up high and try to figure out where that lead us as a family financially wise - and that was also when us kids stepped up and started to give my mom money and help out around the house. They were my rock, and now I'm determined to be theirs.

I look up to JK Rowling for how she managed to turn her life around from living in poverty with her daughter to becoming a millionaire doing what she loves best - writing.
      Scream and be free.
    • Most of my role models don't exist in real life.

Lord Aizen is one of them with his quote: "All living creatures place their faith in someone more powerful than them and they cannot survive unless they blindly follow that person. The recipient of that faith then seeks out someone in an even higher position in order to escape from the pressure. That person then seeks out someone even more powerful that he must put his faith in. In this way all kings are born and in this way all Gods are born."
    • Suika Ibuki wrote:

Most of my role models don't exist in real life.

Lord Aizen is one of them with his quote: "All living creatures place their faith in someone more powerful than them and they cannot survive unless they blindly follow that person. The recipient of that faith then seeks out someone in an even higher position in order to escape from the pressure. That person then seeks out someone even more powerful that he must put his faith in. In this way all kings are born and in this way all Gods are born."
      That moment when a fictional character is 'smarter' then most of the people on this darn planet.

• Too many to name, but I will name 3 majors

Bruce Lee:
      Bruce Lee was not only a martial artist and an actor but he was also a philosopher. With his philosophy, I was able to learn many things as well as strengthen my physical being. Bruce Lee was always that kind of person to me who was a "Master on the outside, but will always be a student on the inside". He not only taught people, but he continued to learn as he went on and that's how I feel my life is like, I always continue to learn and I can pass on what I learn to many others. A student as well as a master.

A family friend who recently died:
      I will admit, I've always had problems of my own, and normally I think I've had it worst than many others... Thinking I should die, even going as far as to commit suicidal acts and lose much of the people I've loved. However, with the death of a family friend, my views on my life changed drastically... I say he is a great role model for me because he had cancer all his life and not once did he ever complain about it nor did he let it stop him from doing the things he loved in life. Just before he died, everyone of his friends (us too) as well as his family suggested he go to hospital, but he knew death was inevitable... He decided that he wouldn't fight it, but rather use the last moments of his life to spend with the ones he truly loved which was his family. He died with a smile on his face and even then I knew that he regretted nothing in his life. He tried his best to fight a battle he couldn't win but when had accepted his state, he instead decided to spend it the best way he can. That's a life worth living... A life worth more years than it's given.

And Last but never least, my own mother:
      My own mother may not be the best mother in the world but she has always been there for everyone in the family. When I was a kid, my mother's sister (my aunt) had cancer and my mother, knowing that she already has her own financial problems, decided that she would still give money to her sister. She also sent money to our family in the Philippines to support them in anyway she can. Even though my family berated her for the supposed "lack of support", she always tried to help in any way she can. Even though my mum is already struggling here, my mum never really felt anger towards the lack of appreciation my family in the Philippines give. She is also suffering from diabetes and even with her health in a bad condition, she always has that power to keep moving. Not for her sake, but for her family and us... Her children.

If it's TL;DR I don't blame ya... I always write long stuff... Ahh well, Cormano!!!

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • José Rizal is my not only my idol, but a national hero. He was a painter, doctor, teacher, mathematician, multi lingual , author, artist and Hero. Despite oppression from invading forces , he had guts to propagandise the freedom of Filipino freedom and independence. His free and powerful way of thinking sometimes makes me think of life asa straight road in a long desert, no easy way out, no shortcut home, just the long road ahead with the horizon's curve hiding what waits on the other side.
      RIP

• Well one of my uncles! Not going any more detail.
      He has been working as a teacher and still is, also knows alot about technology cars, tractors, somewhat computers.
      Amnesia Custom Stories , Home, Dead Space, Amnesia: Machine for pigs. :love:
      Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage!
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T56PqxhzkqM&list=UU2_yBml3EPqXV3ml_TmFQhA&index=1[/youtube]

Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage #2
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9_kZGf-3s[/youtube]
    • I take all good sides of Fictional characters or Real characters and combine them to become ONE
      -Example for fictional (Monkey D Luffy: hes pretty dumb i wouldn't take that but ill take his care for his friend and his determination of achieving his dream and not to give up)
      -Example for Real Characters ( My father who still takes care of his family)
    • My Role Model

Well, I bet you've seen this a lot, but Pewdiepie is my role model. If you've read my, how do you call it, intro message, you'd see that Pewdie helped me get through Hurricane Sandy when I stumbled onto his videos. After a difficult day of school, if I get a bad grade, or everyone ignores me, I'll feel as if there's no point in going on in life, but then, as I go on the computer for what seems like the last time, I'll see a new video made by Pewdiepie. He's the reason why I'm writing this, for without him, I'd think that there's no hope in life. It's silly to think that a Youtuber is a role model, but I have a valid reason to call Pewdie a role model.
    • Jurt wrote:

Well, I bet you've seen this a lot, but Pewdiepie is my role model. If you've read my, how do you call it, intro message, you'd see that Pewdie helped me get through Hurricane Sandy when I stumbled onto his videos. After a difficult day of school, if I get a bad grade, or everyone ignores me, I'll feel as if there's no point in going on in life, but then, as I go on the computer for what seems like the last time, I'll see a new video made by Pewdiepie. He's the reason why I'm writing this, for without him, I'd think that there's no hope in life. It's silly to think that a Youtuber is a role model, but I have a valid reason to call Pewdie a role model.

I don't that's silly at all. A YouTuber is a person, so therefore they qualify as a role model as anyone else.
      Scream and be free.