[Poll] Dating section

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Noirproxy wrote:

The fact that people want a dating section on a video game forum makes me worry. There are plenty of free dating sites out there, why not keep the forum simply on topic?

While I agree with that, there are also some topics on this forum that don't involve gaming already (from past experience, most other forums for other purposes, have the same thing). It should just be a sub category for people to ask advice on. I don't think it should be anything more than that. The Real Life thread has a new topic dealing with romance just about everyday.
    Scream and be free.
  • Trish-Ah wrote:

Noirproxy wrote:

The fact that people want a dating section on a video game forum makes me worry. There are plenty of free dating sites out there, why not keep the forum simply on topic?

While I agree with that, there are also some topics on this forum that don't involve gaming already (from past experience, most other forums for other purposes, have the same thing). It should just be a sub category for people to ask advice on. I don't think it should be anything more than that. The Real Life thread has a new topic dealing with romance just about everyday.

That is actually what I am trying to say. We have the Real Life thread, so just keep what you want in there. The question is how would you respond to seeing a mass amount of threads titled 'Single guy, "18"(Believe me I chose my real date of birth when signing in), Looking for gamer girl, must have big bewbs and would like to make me a sammich...oh and p.s. I am forever alone'.
    There is always time for muffins.
  • According to German law, which we run by, 18. However I'm not taking the responsibility for this category if it should happen, and will instead sign it off to someone else who will then be the head of that category - meaning, he will have to deal with any legal cases regarding it.
    Exactly why Alex doesn't want to do it anymore.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cirno: fixed typo c: ().

• mKeRix wrote:

According to German law, which we run by, 18. However I'm not taking the responsibility for this category if it should happen, and will instead sign it off to someone else who will then be the head of that category - meaning, he will have to deal with any legal cases regarding it.

So that's why you told me to moderate the section...
    Should've known. =_=
  • Kahisys wrote:

mKeRix wrote:

According to German law, which we run by, 18. However I'm not taking the responsibility for this category if it should happen, and will instead sign it off to someone else who will then be the head of that category - meaning, he will have to deal with any legal cases regarding it.

Should've known. X(

I offered it - I never forced you to anything. If there's enough demand and you're willing to moderate it, you can find someone else so you don't have to take the legal responsibility.
    But I'm sure as hell that I'm not risking anything over this section, sorry.
  • mKeRix wrote:

Kahisys wrote:

mKeRix wrote:

Should've known. X(

I offered it - I never forced you to anything. If there's enough demand and you're willing to moderate it, you can find someone else so you don't have to take the legal responsibility.

Offered or not, the problem's the same. I'm not an employee of the forum, nor would get paid in any way, there's no valuable reason I get the cops on my ass. Accepting a section creation is also accepting the responsabilities of it, I'm not anyone's scapegoat bai.
  • Kahisys wrote:

mKeRix wrote:

Kahisys wrote:

mKeRix wrote:

Should've known. X(

Offered or not, the problem's the same. I'm not an employee of the forum, nor would get paid in any way, there's no valuable reason I get the cops on my ass. Accepting a section creation is also accepting the responsabilities of it, I'm not anyone's scapegoat bai.

Offer is not acceptance of responsibilities. You knew the risks of these things, I talked about them multiple times.

But I can considered this as closed then.