Dreams? Goals for your life?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I know a lot of people say that wanting to live forever would be boring but I think it depends how you live that life. I would love to live forever or until we can choose to stop because there is so much I want to experience that I probably never will. I think if Earth lasts long enough to meet an alien race then I would love to be around for that. Maybe that is just my inner Mass Effect nerd hoping something awesome like that happens.
      There is always time for muffins.
    • To earn a decent amount. I hope to become an accountant, but maybe not, although I suspect office work will be my future...

Of course, being famous on YouTube would be nice, I mean, think of all the possibilities!

EDIT : Here, I wasn't referring to me, but what I had generally heard from a wide range of YouTubers, whether famous, or not so famous. I personally love YouTube because I generally talk to things in my room anyway... (not mental)

You would be partnered, and would be earning a decent amount..
      You would be moderately well-known, so would have respect,
      You would be able to donate to charities, helping another's life in the process.
      You would be learning things, and experiencing new things also,
      And you would have the opportunity to meet new people, who could become close friends...

Doesn't that sound cool?

But, the not so cool things with YouTube :

There is a certain degree of stress, at some point, you are likely to be stressed because of YouTube
      Some people may not be so nice..
      Anything you do, may and probably will be analysed and picked apart for anything bad..
      It's a constant job, you're always thinking of what to do in the next video, or what you should edit out..

As always, just my opinion.. Did I go on for a bit? Again? Damn...
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheAlphaTurkey ().

• Not sure really. Well, when I was a little kid, I dreamed about making video games. I still dream about making video games. I know it's hard, but it ain't impossible. So far, I think I'll actually manage to become a game developer if I want to.

I would love making my own games together with other people, but I love to play video games as well. And I love YouTube. Well, you get it. I want to become popular on YouTube. I know it's very unlikely, but I'll try at least. I mean, I am going to focus on a real career, but that ain't stopping me from trying!
    • TheAlphaTurkey wrote:

But, the not so cool things with YouTube :

There is a certain degree of stress, at some point, you are likely to be stressed because of YouTube
      Some people may not be so nice..
      Anything you do, may and probably will be analysed and picked apart for anything bad..
      It's a constant job, you're always thinking of what to do in the next video, or what you should edit out..

As always, just my opinion.. Did I go on for a bit? Again? Damn...

You think what to do in the next video? Maybe that is why you are stressed so much. LPing is about being 100% observational and 0% scripted. Just jump in and present your impression of it through your commentary. Thinking too much will make your head hurt along with allowing random commenters to get to you. There are some people on youtube that just like to moan and complain about everything. They feed on letting content creators feel bad about themselves because they are able to hide behind that wall of anonymity. Just do what you love and success will come. Sure it may take time but success is never dropped on anyone's fat lap without an ounce of dedication, determination and passion.
    • BlueJayOnToast wrote:

My Goals are to finish college, get my degree in Graphic Design and work from home making graphics for companys.

My unrealistic dream is to be a YouTube entertainer. :)

Achieving both of those probably isn't as hard as you think. Especially the graphic design one, which I do myself. You can accompolish both of those, I believe in you :)
    • My dreams or goals in life are to make it big in the Acting and Music industry, create a successful or moderately successful YouTube Channel , make some movies based off video games, write some books and poems, make some video games and just not to live and not done anything with my life. I have big ambitions and a good drive to do so as my childhood hasn't been great and neither has life been friendly to me as a teenager and I've always been in the shadows, left to be unnoticed. That's why I wish to make it big and be noticed within today's society
      £1 fish my foot, this salmon cost me nearly a tenner