How does people in Youtube for example Pewdiepie get to the top?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• How does people in Youtube for example Pewdiepie get to the top?

I am wondering how do these people get to the top and why? Is ther anything special?? or different from other people?

Well thank you for your attention :)
    • TotalBitch. lol. Agreed.

Anyway, mega success comes when you have IT. Pewdie has IT. You and I? We don't have IT.

I used to be devastated I didn't have IT - that makes everyone love me... but then I realized it just eats you alive in time. Now I'm just happy for the successful people and try be happy for what I am.

PS: OK, I approve some little jealousy and dislike here and there xD
    • How do they get to the top? They enjoy what they do, and you can see that in them. I personally am happy with what views I get, and I've made a few friends since starting it, so all's good. Doing a video with another channel that is your sort of level (subs and views) can also help a bit :)
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • Hardwork, Time, and Luck, and I'd argue enthusiasm for what you do as well.

And don't underestimate the power of being interested in other people!
      I feel as though growing a channel (especially early) isn't just about you making videos. It's about making connections with other people that have similar interests as you. You can make more friends in 2 months by being interested in others than you can in 2 years by trying to get people interested in you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SwingPoynt ().

• Akisha wrote:

Gogeta no hate towards anyone please.
      I like totalbiscuit

It is a reference to one of Criken's videos about the Chivalry game. Specifically the one that announces the event and shows all of the contenders. :3

"Hello everyone my name is TotalBiscuit!"
      "More like TotalBitch!"
      "WHO SAID THAT!?"

^ That is what I was referring to :P
    • It is a reference to one of Criken's videos about the Chivalry game.
      Specifically the one that announces the event and shows all of the
      contenders. :3

"Hello everyone my name is TotalBiscuit!"

"More like TotalBitch!"

"WHO SAID THAT!?"

^ That is what I was referring to :P
      Oh yeah, I remember that episode..I laughed so hard at that part XDDD

To your question. I think it depends on how you go on the whole thing. Work with enthusiasm and fun on your project. Try to improve every episode, even for just a little bit. And of couse keep doing it. Nothing comes over night. Sometimes it takes a year or more, till you have created an interesting channel which people like to watch. It might be sound like a lot of hard work, but when you have fun doin this, it shpuldn't be a problem ^^

• I am going to be 100% honest and say that I don't find most of what PewdiePie says or do funny. There are thousands of people in the world that do but sadly his humor style doesn't really click with me. He always reminds me of that weird kid in your class at school who would say random stuff but people just accepted them and treated them as the special class clown. Not a bad thing in anyway as he is obviously a unique individual like any other person but I generally just watch some of his stuff to keep up with the goings on in LPing.

The problem is that the sheer amount of copy cats out there in the world have kind prime examples of what I mean. They record the same games as him and also try and sprout random stuff as if the randomness is the point of the joke when it is not. PewdiePie is good at improvising and thinking off the top of his head, which allowed him to be very popular. People like originality and in his early days he accompolished this very easily. Though it is obvious that this talent is beginning to thin.

Either way the answer to "how do people get to the top like Pewdiepie" is simply done through dedication to their passion for gaming and to the quality of their videos. The problem with making it to the top though is that your perspective of why you do it begins to change over time. There is obviously quite a bit of money to be made in the LPing scene. Now I am in no way saying that LPers like Tobuscus or Pewds are sell outs but after watching that video conference of Pewds explaining how he turned LPing into a job I became worried.

I always follow the saying "If you turn the things you love into a job, then it was never the thing you loved in the first place". I have seen way too many LPers worry about the subscriber count of their channel, which in turn is them worrying about cash flow. A prime example being DarksydePhil. The guy doesn't come off as a person who enjoys gaming. Everything he does is just a way to make a quick buck and I generally use him as a prime example of how not to be an LPer.

I know many LPers who have barely scratched the 10,000 sub mark and I still class them as some of the best LPers out there in the field. The thing is that being the top LPer is about expressing that love for the gaming scene. Showing and then sharing that passion with your audience and putting that excitement and overwhelming energy to focus on nothing but the game as your main focus. It is a way of thinking that I generally live by and at times when at work I have wondered what it would be like if I clicked on my Analytics. What would I think and feel if I let the view and subscriber count overwhelm me and placed into my main focus over the game I want to play?

To simply put it I see becoming the top LPer as being somewhat of a heroic figure. The perfect representation of what gaming has always been about like a child opening their first gift on christmas morning in every video.
      There is always time for muffins.