Recording the internet, and the desktop..

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Recording the internet, and the desktop..

Hey guys, I've been searching for some video recording software for a long time now, and I have tried a few, but many are just not very good..

Let me explain in a bit more detail. I have Fraps, the full version, and have no trouble recording game plays that are full-screen, but, as soon as I record anything not full-screen, Fraps won't do it. Fraps does have an option to record desktops, but only for a certain version of windows, which I don't have. So, I need recording software, to record the desktop. I do not plan to record fast-paced games, but it will need to be able to record audio (not from mic, from the speakers). Ideally, something free will be best, but a water-mark is not ok.

Or, can anyone give me a hand with Camstudio? I have that, and have used that in the past, but cannot seem to get it to record the audio off of the speakers, it always records the mic instead.

TheAlphaTurkey
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • TheAlphaTurkey wrote:

Hey guys, I've been searching for some video recording software for a long time now, and I have tried a few, but many are just not very good..

Let me explain in a bit more detail. I have Fraps, the full version, and have no trouble recording game plays that are full-screen, but, as soon as I record anything not full-screen, Fraps won't do it. Fraps does have an option to record desktops, but only for a certain version of windows, which I don't have. So, I need recording software, to record the desktop. I do not plan to record fast-paced games, but it will need to be able to record audio (not from mic, from the speakers). Ideally, something free will be best, but a water-mark is not ok.

Or, can anyone give me a hand with Camstudio? I have that, and have used that in the past, but cannot seem to get it to record the audio off of the speakers, it always records the mic instead.

TheAlphaTurkey

It should be in the settings somewhere. It always worked for me with camtasia
      I love ya all ~ :3

• Camtasia is the best video recorder so far It records everything, you can choose in which size you want to record and after you can edit it in whatever way you can :D
    • I'll try Camtasia, sounds like a pretty versatile program, so perfect for me :)

EDIT : Tried Camtasia and it worked well, although it changed my voice to sound slightly robotic.. I will have to play with a few options, and decide on the best one.. Thanks for the help guys, appreciated :)

• nero20022 wrote:

Try Microsoft expression encoder, well when you install it , it comes with a recorder you can choose the size and custom your settings
      tbh i used to use it before Fraps and frankly i pirated it, but now i just use it to compress my fraps files
      I use it to compress files too, but I had no idea it could record 0_0 I'll try it out later :)

SwingPoynt wrote:

The program " SnagIt " does wonders.

I'm surprised more people don't know about it. It's pretty nice.
      Will definitely try it, I'll post on here later which one I find to be the easiest..

EDIT : SnagIt I think is made by the same company as Camtasia, and both programs are pretty good at doing their job, but I personally like Camtasia better, thanks for the help guys :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheAlphaTurkey ().