Situation - Recording voice while family in the house.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Situation - Recording voice while family in the house.

Hey

I saw this forum section and it made me think of a situation.

I love making youtube videos, etc lots but my family don't fully know what I do, they think I make youtube videos and not do commentary.

I bought a mic once and kept it secret and they found out and got in tons of trouble since I didn't tell them I went out secretly and bought it.

I now have another situation I said I bought it to speak with others but the main reason I bought it is to do commentary. I get nervous to tell them and I think they hate speaking on youtube since from what i remember when I didn't do commentary they said don't do commentary.

So back on topic I been trying to find time to do commentary when family not in but time on own getting tight and my fans want commentary.

So what should I do?

Kind Regards
      Gawkan

P.S Hope I don't sound stupid with this situation :S
    • Aw, don't worry, you don't sound stupid. :) However, that situation you're in is tough.

When my mom asked why I bought so much equipment, software, games, etc., I just told her it was because I want to play video games with my friends (which isn't a lie since I do).

I'm also homeschooled, which means I'm home alone most of the time and can record as much as I please. So I guess you're a bit out of luck on that one unless you'd like to homeschool (assuming you are still in school, anyway)... Maybe you can escape to a friend's house or just record a lot while your family is out? That's what I would do.
    • Why do they hate you doing that? What's so bad with it? Damn parents sometimes
      But I would suggest you try to kill them lol jk
      Try to do it when they are out of the house and when they sleep. Come on they can't be THAT good listeners. i mean close your door and don't rage much.... if that doesn't work just be honest with them. If it is really what you want to do then just do it.
      I love ya all ~ :3

• Cirno wrote:

Akisha wrote:

Cirno wrote:

Best thing that you can do is botch the whole commentary thing and just record gameplays , you don't have to deal with the annoying background noise and your parents are not annoyed.

That wouldn't be much fun to watch though.

Well the problem is solved!

And there is the all caring Cirno xD jk
      I guess it can be a solution... but still trying to talk it out.

• Akisha wrote:

Cirno wrote:

Akisha wrote:

Cirno wrote:

Best thing that you can do is botch the whole commentary thing and just record gameplays , you don't have to deal with the annoying background noise and your parents are not annoyed.

But would a baka be able to understand? XDD
    • Toyosatomimi No Miko wrote:

Akisha wrote:

Cirno wrote:

Akisha wrote:

Cirno wrote:

But would a baka be able to understand? XDD

I guess not

• I'm going to start doing Vlogs more often (I only have two videos up since I always feel so stupid). I don't think I'll ever tell my mom what I do until the time actually comes. Like if I were to become successful and become a partner, I'd tell her. Otherwise, I'd keep it a secret for the sole fact she doesn't really understand the concept of YouTube. She only goes online for facebook purposes (her and her damn app invites).

Why exactly, though, does your mom not want you to do a commentary? As long as you're not giving out your personal info (such as real name - or last name I should say and address and such), I don't really see the problem with, but I guess it just depends on your age. I think I have my full name on my page... but that's because for the sole purpose of trying to get my name out there since I'm going to be published this year, and am trying to start up a fan base.

It's tough, but just try to do what you can. Explain your situation to your viewers so that they understand why the videos are sporadic. Though, if you want to do more videos, eventually you'll have to confront your mom about it.
      Scream and be free.
    • Well I am grown up and I am at college (uk - not where you live in homes, etc) just she told me once a boy got kicked from college for doing commentary but must be bad ones and I get frightened telling her things like this. I will just doo it when their not around hopefully I at least get one time at home by self :/