Professional micrphone investment.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Professional micrphone investment.

HELLO PEOPLE OF PEWDIEPIE.NET!!!!!!

I want to buy a Blue SNowball microphone as an investment for doing youtubing. It's around 77 euro's here and it's a professional microphone since alot of youtubers use it. But is it worth it to buy it now ( I have 16 subs now.) Or should I wait untill I get more viewers / subs etc, before I invest in such equipment?

I saw another microphone wich was 50 euro's + popfilter of around 20 euro and a standard that was 12. So that will be around 80 euros. But ofcourse the microphone was less.

The blue snowball already has a standard and the pop filter will be +20 so it will be 98 euro. Is it worth the 20 more euros?

ALL THESE QUESTIONS I NEED YOUR HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Thanks.

"People will laugh at your dreams, then hate you when you made them come true."
  • Well, I think if you're serious about your channel yeah buying the snowball would probably attract more viewers and subs because your audio will be vastly improved. But that's just my take.

edit: Although the problem with the snowball mic is that you have to talk within like 2 or 3 inches of the mic or else it has trouble picking up your voice. If you want a mic better than the snowball I recommend the Blue Yeti microphone. The sound records in stereo and you don't have to stay within 2 or 3 inches for the mic to hear you. It costs around 90$(dunno how much in euros think it's like 40 or something) on amazon.com.
    Gaming Coverage with BERTICUS
    www.youtube.com/berticusgaming
  • Having professional audio quality is actually one way of growing your channel, if you're serious about it I say go ahead and get it, if you have bad quality it could put people off from actually subbing - that's my opinion anyway :)

I actually just got the same mic as Pewdie (samson CO1U) and it works a DREAM.
    Check me out on youtube! -HERE -

My personal blogging website -HERE -

*BROFIST* :thumbsup:
  • If you are using a generic headset or a headset that doesn't have a good mic. You can buy now. But don't waste your money, you should keep what you are doing. If you do have a good headset though like Logitech G35, Razer Carcharias, Corsair Vengeance, turtle beach, etc. Don't buy it yet and wait until you got 500 subs or if you are already a partner.
  • If you're doing LP videos, a normal microphone is okay, you can build your audience with that as well. Once you'll have a big audience or just simply got money which you want to spend anyway, sure get a microphone. For LP, expensive microphone is not needed.
    <--- Oh, you hate me son?
  • First of all, don't expect the channel to grow as big as PewDiePies. Not even the third of his fame, even. Hope is foolish. Having that in mind now, you play that you would enjoy yourself, and give some of this enjoyment to others. Not because you want fame, not because you want money, not because other, similiar or not, reasons. Just for fun.

And that explains why you shouldn't buy a new mic, not yet atleast, since you do it for fun, and if your mic is good enough for people to understand you, it's a good mic.
  • W0lf4ever wrote:

First of all, don't expect the channel to grow as big as PewDiePies. Not even the third of his fame, even. Hope is foolish. Having that in mind now, you play that you would enjoy yourself, and give some of this enjoyment to others. Not because you want fame, not because you want money, not because other, similiar or not, reasons. Just for fun.

And that explains why you shouldn't buy a new mic, not yet atleast, since you do it for fun, and if your mic is good enough for people to understand you, it's a good mic.
    Okay don't listen to me, this guy has a pretty darn good point.
    Check me out on youtube! -HERE -

My personal blogging website -HERE -

*BROFIST* :thumbsup:
  • I think having a good audio quality in videos will help the growth of your channel. For my setup, I use an Audio-Technica ATR1200 ($20) with a standard mobile pop-filter ($3), a desk stand to hold the mic up ($35), and an ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Sound Card ($30). In overall, it sounds amazing after effects are done to the audio with audacity. I use it for all of my newer videos and I've never been happier with the quality. Good luck!
    mfpwnsall - Epicness in Motion