The time to give!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• This year, we will do a gift exchange. I buyed a motion lamp, I thought it would be funny. My mother wants me to download french karaoke songs like Offenback or Eric Lapointe, and a few english classics like Hotel California or Dream on. I'll surely not sing, but I'll play some guitar for my grand-father, who is a musician, though he doesn't know his musical notes, he learned by himself. As usual, my aunt Louise will be drunk and she'll talk to me like she were talking to a 3 years old boy, even if I'm 20... And she will most likely talk about her son, Jeremy who will be embarassed because she'll talk about him like a superman. My uncle Louis (yes, he is married to Louise lol) will tell me that I should do a musician career instead of a cineast career, even if cinema is a passion to me and guitar is only a pass-time. My mother will bake rose-beef and awesome mashed potatoes (THEY ARE THE BEST!!!) and there will not be enough space at the table for everyone. After, we will talk all around the house, with music on. We will open the gifts and exchange them, and we will listen to the crazy thoughts of my aunt Céliane. My mother will surely calm the atmosphere with the karaoke thing. We will maybe play some drinking game between brothers and cousins, including my mother, cause she never grew up. She won't get too drunk, because this is her house, but if it were in my aunt's house, she'd be more drunk than me x).

Even though this is a very usual christmas to me and there's nothing really special about my family, I liked to write that down... To be red by unknown bros trough the world O.o

Sorry I'm totaly out of subject but I won't erease it, just in case you want to read it XD

Merry Christmas bros!
      BUBBLES!!
    • Well, we're doing a gift exchange and I'm actually getting a couple other stuff for my closer friends. I got a panda beanie and a panda pencil box for my friend (she's obsessed with pandas so..) and I got a little Link plushie from Legend of Zelda for my other friend and just to freak my other friend out, I bought a Harry Styles cut out board for my other close-ish friend. And for the holiday, I'd prob stay home and watch pewdiepie, play a crap load of video games, and watch some more videos, maybe ACTUALLY GETTING A SOCIAL LIFE. That's pretty much it so.. yeah. xD
    • I went to a bookstore last night to find The Fault In Our Stars by John Green for my mother. I looked through the place for an hour and found they had all his books except the one I wanted... I needed TFIOS because it's the only book that could "work." My mother hasn't read a book since high school and she's always struggled with reading, but I read the first couple chapters of The Fault In Our Stars recently and thought it could be the book that makes her start reading again. The storyline and writing style seemed like they would appeal to her and be simple enough at the same time.

So I kept looking and I eventually found it! But it was in this weird box set thing that was over $75.00. Which was most of the money I've made in the past year. But I ended up buying it anyway because I really had no clue of what else to get it her. She's extremely tough to buy for because she's never done much but take care of us kids.

TLTR: In a nutshell, I used all my money to buy books for my mother who doesn't read. And hopefully she'll like them. :P And I bought a couple other little things for my siblings beforehand, but they aren't as cool.
    • Sounds like fun, everyone! On actual Christmas day I'll probably head over to my sisters for breakfast and watch my nephew (who is 2 1/2) open up his gifts. The night before, on Christmas Eve, is when the whole family gets together and celebrate Christmas. Since my brother and my sister are both married, they have other families to visit as well, so we changed ours to Christmas Eve. This year I have to work until 9pm so I made sure to do all my wrapping before then, and then when I get off, we'll be going to my sister's place for homemade pizzas, games, drinking, and gift opening =) This year will be a little awkward though, as my brother and his wife are having marriage issues (and are going to counseling), and my mom basically can't stand my sister-in-law now (they were having issues because of her, really).

I bought my sister some lens filters for her camera (she's a photographer) as well as a t-shirt from Cafe Press that says "Every time I shoot, it's an adventure". My brother-in-law HATES when I buy him gifts, so I bought him these Nerf Gun refills for the guns him and my sister use to play with my nephew, as well as I gave them a gift card to a restaurant. For my brother and his wife, I got them each a gift card as well as a restaurant one. My other brother, I bought a nice dress shirt (he's going apartment hunting - gotta look nice!) and a Blackhawks sweater. I bought my mom a Jewelry Armoire and I bought my nephew a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse train set that sets the tracks down by itself.

I also made these candy sleighs for my employees and I gave each of my department managers a $25 gift card for all their hard work.

Christmas just puts me in that seasonal mood. It's by far one of my favorite holidays. Last year was hard because it was our first one without my dad, and we almost didn't celebrate it - but it was his holiday - and we like to celebrate it in his honor =)
      Scream and be free.
    • My Dad's birthday is on the 24th so a lot of family and friends come round and we put a massive buffet out with sandwiches, cakes, savouries, pretty much anything you could think that would fit on a table XD I don't see my sister that often so it's always nice when she's here for a full day :) As for christmas, well... my mum is a soppy git and I KNOW she'll cry at the present I got for her so I'm setting up hidden cameras :p It'll either turn out to be an inspirational video or a piss take video, not sure which yet... depends how it goes :3
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • I gave all my Christmas money (apart from a couple £) to my sister and told her "Since you know the family more than I do cuz I spend most of my time in the virtual world, you shall use my money to buy them presents!" Unfortunately due to circumstances, I never actually saw what she bought so I have no clue as to what the heck they are... Though for some reason, I see a giant Coca-Cola bottle underneath the Christmas Tree so I'm wondering what the heck did she buy for the family and put it under my name... *Sigh* This is the one Christmas I celebrate where I DON'T KNOW what I am giving as well as getting -_-

On the other side of Cormano's life, I've decided to buy something for my ex... Yeah I know, it's stupid buying your ex a present, but to be fair, I still love her so meh. The present is something she saw in a shop while we were walking in town one day and she liked it. I said to her if I get some money, I can buy it for her but I don't know when. Then Christmas holidays came along, got paid, and I bought her the item (well, actually it's a different version but to be fair, there were 2 versions on display so meh). Right now, the hard part is giving it to her. Right now, things are... Grim. I can't even visit her (and she lives so close as well, T_T) so I'm going to ask my friend to take it to her and make sure my friend keeps it a secret as to who it's from. I made sure that the card with the gift tells her who it's from. I just wanted to give her something because she's still special to me. Doesn't matter if I get anything in return, as long as she can smile, I'll be all right :)

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • CORMANO wrote:

On the other side of Cormano's life, I've decided to buy something for my ex... Yeah I know, it's stupid buying your ex a present, but to be fair, I still love her so meh. The present is something she saw in a shop while we were walking in town one day and she liked it. I said to her if I get some money, I can buy it for her but I don't know when. Then Christmas holidays came along, got paid, and I bought her the item (well, actually it's a different version but to be fair, there were 2 versions on display so meh). Right now, the hard part is giving it to her. Right now, things are... Grim. I can't even visit her (and she lives so close as well, T_T) so I'm going to ask my friend to take it to her and make sure my friend keeps it a secret as to who it's from. I made sure that the card with the gift tells her who it's from. I just wanted to give her something because she's still special to me. Doesn't matter if I get anything in return, as long as she can smile, I'll be all right :)

As sweet of a gesture as that is man, unless there's any sign of you two getting back together (from my personal experience) I wouldn't waste your time and money on her. But then again I despise most humans that I know personally anyway, 90% of the people that I like live in the virtual world :|
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • Rune wrote:

CORMANO wrote:

As sweet of a gesture as that is man, unless there's any sign of you two getting back together (from my personal experience) I wouldn't waste your time and money on her. But then again I despise most humans that I know personally anyway, 90% of the people that I like live in the virtual world :|
      Well, I don't really see much of us anymore (unless there is some shred of light this year before it ends) but I did it in a sense that I show her that I still care. Most of the people who I have talked to always tell me to just don't bother or just forget it. The thing is, I'm not really the person to hate or to ignore others just because something terrible happened. Besides, I was the one in the wrong, I can admit that much, this is just something to show that I'm not going to stoop as low as being a huge b*tch over a break up.

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART