Marriage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I've seen quite a few posts about marriage today, on different websites, and just created this thread out of interest. 2 basic questions:
      1. When do you plan to marry? Like, what age, after you completed what stadium of your life or...?
      2. How long do you plan on waiting in a relationship until you want to marry that person?
      People who are already married are very welcome to share their experiences as well. Apart from that, feel free to discuss about this and that.
    • 1. When do you plan to marry? Like, what age, after you completed what stadium of your life or...?
      When i am economically stable.
      Age, i dont really care about the age but i dont want to be 50+ and dont have any children.

2. How long do you plan on waiting in a relationship until you want to marry that person?
      I told myself, atleast to be in a relationship with someone for 2½-3 years before proposing.
      But you never know, it might happen before or after depending the individual and situation in life.
    • Meh, if I plan to get married, I would get married in my 20's. I don't want to push marriage, because I don't feel that marriage is that important to a relationship. But, I can see why people get married. If I did get married, I wouldn't want kids, ironic with me only being a kid at the moment, but I don't like the thought of having kids, I don't know why.

But, who knows, my plans and wants may, and probably will change in the future. :3
    • I don't think I will ever marry anyone. I'm a difficult person, not very social or emotional. So not the best wife material. However if I will love someone and we will be sure we are ready for marriage, then we will do it. I'm not making any deadlines here. Life is too sophisticated and usually we don't have a say on what will happen to us.

• 1. I don't even think it'll be possible for me to get married one day. Or I'd have to move to another country (what I planned to do anyway). I don't expect a life goal before marriage, because it'd be one on its own. I'm soon to be 20, and never got any relationship, so I guess I'm far from that point.

2. Oh, many years of course. At least 3. But of course it'd depend on a lot of things.

I don't expect much about this, I kinda have to confess that I gave up on relationships since a while, for many reasons.
    • I'm married to my job. Her name is Bounty Hunt. Our children? A pair of buckshot shotguns. Married ever since we met, kids were adopted...

Jokes aside... I doubt I can marry. I'm only saying because I'm a serious pain in the ass... I doubt anyone would put up with me hehe

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • Hmmm. Age-wise, I'd like to be around 25-30. Marriage is a big step and comes with huge responsibilities ._.

Also, I'd like to at least be semi-prepared financially wise, and have 'lived' a little before settling down >>

How long would I wait in a relationship before marriage? It all depends on the person I'm with. I didn't really think too much about marriage in past relationships, but the thought crosses my mind quite often in the relationship I'm in now <3 But it would definitely have to be at least a year into the relationship. ^-^
    • Isn't marriage that thing you do where you decide you want to be miserable for the rest of your life? Kind of like priesthood without the staring at the kids thing.

Me and my girlfriend talk about it sometimes. To be honest I can't say it interests me all that much. I don't have many family members that I am that close to, or that many friends in general that I would want to invite to something that big.

The idea of marriage feels incredibly dated in my opinion. Not only are you basically signing a document that allows your other half the right to half of your stuff that you worked hard to acquire but you also end up paying more money than you already do on the farse that some little gold ring on your finger symbolises you're in a commited relationship. If I could I would happily live the way I am now and eventually have children without having to be tied down with a big party and everything. I mean sure it shows the celebration of two people wanting to spend the rest of their lives together but can't you just have a nice anniversary party that doesn't include paying 5000+ moolah on crap that will only last a day?

This generation has shown us that people are incredibly capable of living lives with their partner without the whole marriage thing. As I said it just seems dated and pointless these days and in some ways was just an excuse to finalise the joining together of two households, so that one could benefit off a dowry. These days marriages don't always last lke they used to do because of women becoming so god damn independant...DAMN YOU WIELDERS OF THE BOOBS!

Anyway to answer your question.

1. At least until I train my Pelvimon to level 60 and get the Sex Master badge.

2. Until she knows how to cook my favourite god damn meal!
      There is always time for muffins.
    • I agree with Noirproxy, marriage is a primitive concept like dial up & Myspace,
      I'm sure there are still girls that dream about their wedding day but don't think
      of how dull married life will be, especially once a couple starts to get older and
      body parts start to wrinkle and sag and the kids have moved out.

If I were normal I'd just want to be financially stable so I can provide the very
      best for my children hoping to put them on the right path while not having to
      drive myself crazy from too much sacrifice.

• I don't like the idea of marriage. I mean, just having the word marriage wrapped around my ring finger forever seems daunting... However, since I'm 90% asexual lesbian and 10% whatever, the only way I could have children is by adopting. And adopting usually requires marriage.

1. So I'll probably marry when I'm living a stable life and ready to adopt (which is many, many years away). Not to mention when I've found a spouse--which will be a challenge. I'd like to be with someone who's a best friend rather than a lover, which isn't common in marriage. I'd like a relationship where we can say "screw the sex and kisses, let's watch movies all night and make a vegetarian breakfast in the morning." I don't think there's any other way I could be happy with someone... I could easily see myself going my life single because of this, but that's okay. I'd be just as happy about finding that perfect kind of love as I would be in my lonesome.

2. No less than eight years. Might seem like a while, but I feel time is the only thing besides loving harmonies that can bring a relationship into genuine, unfogged perspective. But that's just me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wednesday ().

• A lot of people say it's basically a girl's dream and all, but I don't really know how to feel about it.
      I don't necessarily think you need to get married to prove that you are strong enough to stay together.

My boyfriend and I talk about it sometimes and we always end up with the following: It's a huge money issue and you don't really accomplish anything other than being committed to someone by a piece of paper.
      To conclude it all, getting married is a big thing and it costs a lot of money wether you decide to keep it tiny or not, so that's something that a couple should really consider about.

My answer to your questions:
      When do you plan to marry? Like, what age, after you completed what stadium of your life or...?
      If we'd get married, I'd say when we have the income we need to have a wedding, which will take a long while.

How long do you plan on waiting in a relationship until you want to marry that person?
      I think it's dumb to get married to someone you've been with for a half year/ a year.
      I'd say 5 years would be a good time
      Keep it Classy
    • When do you plan to marry? Like, what age, after you completed what stadium of your life or...?

I don't really know but I wouldn't want to marry at like 36 or something. Probably 27? I really think that I have to be financially stable so I can start the marriage life easier, it will be a huge responsibility. Yeah you think that this may be a happily ever after but the reality is that you are going need a lot of money for your kids' education which that is probably gonna be for the next 18 years.
      I'm only a kid xD but I find small children to be pretty annoying and they pretty much pisses me off. I usually find them 'not cute' but it's rare for me to look at one and say 'awww, she/he is so cute'. So yeah I don't think I would want kids :P animals will be so much better xD they don't complain :P
      Also I don't see why I should create a big wedding ceremony in a hotel with plenty of tables set out in the hall room, that is going to cost so much money and I don't like spending on things like this.
      A wedding dinner party with people that i know well and I don't think I'm close to most of my families so yeah. Just a wedding party with friends and family :D

How long do you plan on waiting in a relationship until you want to marry that person?

Well it really depends on whether if we are both ready and I have to make sure that our relationship is pretty stable.
      See how things flow~
    • When do you plan to marry? - Ideally when I'm in my late 20s or early/mid 30s... I'd want to be married while I'm still somewhat youthful but I want to truly enjoy my life before I make ANY serious commitments like that. I'd want to either have the money or already have a house of my own (Of course living on my own sounds terrifying since I have monophobia) and have already felt like I've completed my main goals in life, leaving just my bucket list.

How long do you plan on waiting in a relationship until you want to marry that person? - It'd have to be at least 2-3 years, I've already been in a 2 year relationship before and it was around a year and a half in were I just lost all interest and hope for the relationship and lost complete interest in her. I'd want to still feel like she's my everything after the two year mark, then I'd consider it.

But she would have to tick the following boxes:

1. Accept that I have an addiction to caffeine :3
      2. Accept that I do weird shit on youtube and can expect to be pranked or filmed doing something embarrassing :D
      3. Accept that I like the way I look, she shouldn't pressure me to work out if I don't want to
      4. Accept that I listen to little bits of EVERY genre of music
      5. Accept that video games are one of my main hobbies and give in occasionally to play with me :p (take that however you want XD)
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter