"Unnamed" [Finished] (Experimental Game)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• "Unnamed" [Finished] (Experimental Game)

Don't you think the games now are all the same? Don't you think people have no imagination to develop games? Well, this is something different.

What is this? Who are you? Where are you? This is nothing. You are nothing. You are not anywhere.

Probably you are bored of playing games. Now all are the same. People play what is actually famous, in other words, the usual. But some people thing... Is there any games that innovate? That are different? Special? Well, here comes a different one.

Welcome.

[/font]

Yes guys, that man who develop Insert Title Here is back with another experimental game. This is not a sequel, but It's similar. This will be less survival horror than ITH.

http://www.moddb.com/games/unnamedgame

The post was edited 3 times, last by Anothink ().

• Oh my, this looks promising. This definitely looks promising.

I hope to see more screenshots and such soon, already with only a video and a picture I can see a lot of original atmosphere and designing elements. It kind of reminds me of an insane asylum? Oh gosh, I hope that's not where we are. -shivers-
    • Doesn't look "experimental", to be honest. I played "Insert Title here" and it was kind of interesting, though certainly not as experimental as I expected it to be. It was weird yes, but it wasn't a new experience for me.

I mean, a bunch of randomly textured rooms isn't gonna make your game "experimental". It just looks kind of lazy and overly pretentious I'm really sorry if you're working hard on your games, but to me, it just looks like somebody put a little of effort into it and decided to call it "experimental" just because it looks weird.

The trailer shows nothing but a long, boring hallway with randomly programmed voice on the background, and the red room is just a red box with a model of chair inside. It's really nothing special. I'm a game developer and I can make things like this in five minutes. It's not groundbreaking.

If you're looking for a really weird and truly experimental games, try LSD: Dream Emulator or Halfquake Amen mod for Hal Life. The developers worked really hard on these projects and I'm sure you'll get a lot of inspiration from there. Good luck to you, I hope this helps.

The post was edited 2 times, last by zykoveddy ().

• zykoveddy wrote:

Doesn't look "experimental", to be honest. I played "Insert Title here" and it was kind of interesting, though certainly not as experimental as I expected it to be. It was weird yes, but it wasn't a new experience for me.

I mean, a bunch of randomly textured rooms isn't gonna make your game "experimental". It just looks kind of lazy and overly pretentious I'm really sorry if you're working hard on your games, but to me, it just looks like somebody put a little of effort into it and decided to call it "experimental" just because it looks weird.

The trailer shows nothing but a long, boring hallway with randomly programmed voice on the background, and the red room is just a red box with a model of chair inside. It's really nothing special. I'm a game developer and I can make things like this in five minutes. It's not groundbreaking.

If you're looking for a really weird and truly experimental games, try LSD: Dream Emulator or Halfquake Amen mod for Hal Life. The developers worked really hard on these projects and I'm sure you'll get a lot of inspiration from there. Good luck to you, I hope this helps.
      It's gonna be WAAAY diferent from Insert Title Here. That was just an experiment (certainly my first game ever). This will be as strange as ITH, but you're gonna like it a lot more. I'm not offended, I respect you. Thanks for your review.
    • Well, if you are the author of the game, then doesn't matter if it won't be magnificent... At least you tried, bro, and that is the most important thing. You know, maybe you will finish it in 2 weeks and Pewds gonna play this bromade game ;)
      ,,There's a war between a good and a bad dog in every us. It will won who we chose to feed.''
    • Much better than the previous trailer (which was boring as hell). The music fits fine.
      The design still looks like a bunch of randomly textured rooms, except of the nice part with the house, which reminds me of LSD dream semulator.
      What's so special about the "earth room"?

The post was edited 1 time, last by zykoveddy ().

• Played it and was kind of dissapointed. I found it really short and clumsily. Basically it's just a bunch of randomly textured rooms with voices on the background, and I don't understand what's so innovative about this. I don't feel like much effort was put into this.

I wouldn't be so dissapointed in this, but for a game what developer describes as "different" and "impressive", it's really nothing special. I don't feel like the developer listened to my feedback earlier, because I said the same things about the game, and nothing changed since then.

Also, you promised what it will be different from "Insert title here", but it's not. It's almost the same, just shorter. Just walking through rooms and clicking at random objects. Same formula.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zykoveddy ().