Let's Plays and YouTube Partnership

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Let's Plays and YouTube Partnership

Hey everyone. I got a question that has been rather difficult to answer. It's about having YouTube partnership and playing games.

A friend of mine and I will be starting a new channel on YouTube. It will be one of the many Let's Plays out there. It's gonna be more original than most, can't say why though :whistling:

I am taking this very seriously.
      • I made my own intro song.
      • I have a friend making the avatar, background and other images shown in the intro and outro of the video. So this way it is completely original art.
      • The outro song however was not made by me, but I have gotten written permission from the artist allowing me to use his song.
      • I will also be crediting the musician (with a link to his song), and my friend (with her deviant art page).

With all this being said, is there anything wrong that I am doing?

I see so many other Let's Play channels, and many have YouTube partnership. So I see no reason why my friend and I should be able to do so too. I have even seen channels that have YouTube partnership that don't have original music and they don't even credit the artist!

So please, guide me through the steps of Partnership if I'm missing out on something.

WWW.THEPONYBRIGADE.COM
    • Toyosatomimi No Miko wrote:

You are doing everything correctly.
      Make sure to read Cirno's sticked thread about youtube.
      And what are your goals with youtube?
      Well my friend and I will be getting together every other weekend to record some gameplay preferably on console. Videos will typically be 10-15 min. long (I find it easier to watch a shorter video than it is to watch something 25-30 min. long - Or at least at first when you've got yourself a fresh channel). Videos will be edited the proper way; not raw footage or recorded with a camcorder in front of a television.. There will be new videos either every day at first or every other day. Then get more of a based schedule once subs roll in.

WWW.THEPONYBRIGADE.COM
    • Blackety wrote:

I made my own intro song.
      I have a friend making the avatar, background and other images shown in the intro and outro of the video. So this way it is completely original art.
      The outro song however was not made by me, but I have gotten written permission from the artist allowing me to use his song.
      I will also be crediting the musician (with a link to his song), and my friend (with her deviant art page).

Yes, the problem is that you take it too seriously , cut some slack.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cirno ().

• Cirno wrote:

Blackety wrote:

I have a friend making the avatar, background and other images shown in the intro and outro of the video. So this way it is completely original art.
      The outro song however was not made by me, but I have gotten written permission from the artist allowing me to use his song.
      I will also be crediting the musician (with a link to his song), and my friend (with her deviant art page).

Assuming you are not being sarcastic: How am I taking it too seriously? I'm not going to upload videos with copyright material (without permission), and then take the risk of getting my videos taken down. I'm going for monetization, and this would definitely come back to bite me if I were to upload videos with not original content. So again, how is going for the originality aspect 'taking it too seriously' ?

WWW.THEPONYBRIGADE.COM
    • Blackety wrote:

Cirno wrote:

Blackety wrote:

Assuming you are not being sarcastic: How am I taking it too seriously? I'm not going to upload videos with copyright material (without permission), and then take the risk of getting my videos taken down. I'm going for monetization, and this would definitely come back to bite me if I were to upload videos with not original content. So again, how is going for the originality aspect 'taking it too seriously' ?

Well it kinda sounds like you have some sort of obligation to make videos.

Videos should be made for fun. Not forced upon.
    • I don't want to come across as harsh, but I would agree that it is a not of a turn off if you come across as someone who is here just to monetize and be career and partnership driven with videos...think about having fun and making good content first! If you are putting lots of effort into dressing up your channel and making intro songs and all that but you haven't even really started and done it long enough to know if you enjoy it, your priorities are off! You should make sure you enjoy making all the actual content first before you put lots of effort into all the other stuff :)
    • hmm I think I'm misunderstood here.. I am not doing it for monetization, partnership or money or anything of that nature. That will simply be included, that is all. My friend and I will be doing this for fun, we've been discussing this idea for quite some time. And, the originality that we will have (once again, can't mention it) will make it even more fun. I have had two youtube channels myself, the first one was random videos. Some were Gmod, others were completely random. But then I made a new one, strictly for Gmod and short game clips, then maybe eventually SFM. But with use of Gmod videos, it is rather difficult to make your own original content. However, with a Let's Play channel, it is easier to do so. I have wanted to go for originality on all aspects. Not just the type of videos, but everything that goes with it. I didn't want to take a generic song that doesn't belong to me and put it into the video and use a background that someone else made. For once I wanted everything original. As far as the song at the end of the videos, it is not a well known song and I was going to get something made but this one segment of this particular song fit so well with the way I imagined the outro for our future videos. So to clarify, I am not doing this with money on mind. I am doing this for fun, and my friend and I had fun in mind since the day we decided to do this. Since then we have discussed ideas and games to try out. This lead into the idea to go for originality. That would also lead into Partnership. So why not go for it? That was the whole reason behind this. As far as being told I am taking it too seriously, I find that...silly. If you couldn't tell already, I have somewhat of a passion for this idea of ours. There is nothing wrong with being properly prepared. Meaning, I don't want to get a shitty capture card, or go through trial and error with editing AFTER we already start making videos. I'd rather get a good start rather then a sloppy start and fix it along the way.

Hopefully that clears some stuff up..

EDIT: to clarify, I speak so much about originality. But not for partnership, but for my own personal pleasure of having something original.

WWW.THEPONYBRIGADE.COM

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blackety ().