Cirno's Youtube 101 [Read this if you want to improve/grow your channel]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Cirno wrote:

Rune wrote:

Dandy Dragon wrote:

Rune wrote:

If anyone's worring about copyright and needs music:

incompetech.com/

Royalty free stuff ^^
      Some of it's quite decent, too!
      So.. i could use it without being worried of being impaled by youtube? Awesome!

Exactly! I know some famous-ish youtubers who use the music on there without even giving credit so they musn't be fussed :)

Still , to play it really safe you should make your own music or ask your friends who make music

HINT HINT HINT

Sexy mod jesus raptor.

Absolutely but royalty free is about as safe as you can get when it comes to copyright because there isn't any strict copyright rules against them.
      I've gone as far as using someone's cover of a song before but the difference from the original was so different there's no way in hell I could have been copyrighted for it.
      If you're only a small channel then there's not that much need to worry... I mean for instance if I got done for copyright, I've lost about £150 a month coming in but if Pewdiepie (despite the fact he's probably already set for life) lost his account he'd be missing out on thousands a day
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • Just to clarify

Hi, a bit new here. But there was something I wanted to clarify.

So, I do NOT have to have ads turned on to be offered partner? but I would have to if I chose to join the partnership.

Because I would like to at some point be offered partner, but I don't want to swamp people with ads on a newer channel.
      Hey everyone! I'm a bit new to the youtube scene. If you would like to see some of my videos please check out
      V---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
      My Youtube Channel!

Twitter too!
    • Asuba wrote:

Hi, a bit new here. But there was something I wanted to clarify.

So, I do NOT have to have ads turned on to be offered partner? but I would have to if I chose to join the partnership.

Because I would like to at some point be offered partner, but I don't want to swamp people with ads on a newer channel.

just do not activate moneytization

• Not sure if you mentioned this or not, but Let's Playing is a bad area of Youtube to enter if you are expecting to get a good amount of views.
      Sure, PewDie didn't expect to get famous.. But it wasn't just luck, it was obviously his content that got him famous. He was original and funny. He took regular lets playing and made if unique.
      And because he did it, 1000's of other people now think they can do it.. So basically we are getting a bunch of shit channels.

I would recomend honestly and truly NOT lets playing. When you lets play, you are competing with those 1000's of other people for their views.. Making it hard for anyone to find your channel..
      PewDie had it easy, he was original and got famous before all these shit channels came to be.

But if you honestly want to lets play, I would reccomend making it unique and original.. So original it can't even be called lets playing.
      That way your video can't be categorized with the other lets players.
      Watch JamesNintendoNerd and JonTronShow for example, they are reviewers but they make the whole experience really unique.. and that's how they got popular.

Atm, I am still trying to find what makes me unique.. It may take awhile, but don't give up.
    • ChunkeyPanda wrote:

So all of the music on that website we can use on our videos without any copyright issues???

which website?

Also I have some good news as I started with designing the layout of my e-book thing. I thought ebooks in general are boring to read , so I thought I could spice it up a little with a design.

Basically I will abuse the crap out of some sort of program used to make a kinds of stuff , so it will be pretty damn interactive.

What it will feature :
      - What my 3 posts contain + more (and maybe a lot more!)
      - Table of content (quick navigation to the stuff you want to learn about)
      - Interactivity (some words might be highlighted and contain/link to additional information for example)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cirno ().

• thanks for posting this.
      i have made a youtube acount to like, comment and suscribe to the people i like on youtube and thought it would be a good idea to start postiong videos on youtube for fun

i just have two questions though
      1. i have sony ACID and have sound effects and noises from school. would i be able to put this on youtube.
      2. what are some not copyrighted games that I could post onto youtube.
      :D
    • JoshieWashie wrote:

thanks for posting this.
      i have made a youtube acount to like, comment and suscribe to the people i like on youtube and thought it would be a good idea to start postiong videos on youtube for fun

i just have two questions though
      1. i have sony ACID and have sound effects and noises from school. would i be able to put this on youtube.
      2. what are some not copyrighted games that I could post onto youtube.
      :D

1) Music made by yourself will not be picked up by YouTube. Even though your samples may be copyrighted (everything is literally), YouTube is not that sophisticated and won't pick it up. So you are all good there.

2) The majority of games are good for YouTube, only a few AAA titles have the chance to get flagged. Do a bit of research before you upload a game, rule of thumb is that is other people are doing it, its fine for you to do it.
      Shameless self-promotion below :D
      youtube.com/user/undercoverdudes?feature=mhee
    • undercoverdudes wrote:

2) The majority of games are good for YouTube, only a few AAA titles have the chance to get flagged. Do a bit of research before you upload a game, rule of thumb is that is other people are doing it, its fine for you to do it.

Not really true , just because other people are doing it. Doesn't mean its safe/good to do, besides , those people might be partnered and have a huge network backing them up.