Cirno's Youtube 101 [Read this if you want to improve/grow your channel]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Question on partner

So, this is stating that there is indeed a difference between monetizing with adsense and being a youtube partner.

I'm a bit confused, as when I go to my video manager page, there's a note at the top that says I can become a partner, but when I open the "get started" button, it talks about google and adsense and whatnot.

So my question is: What prompt should I be looking for from an actual partner program? Or is the link at the top of my video manager actually what I'm looking for? (doubtful, as I said, it talks about using adsense and such.)
      Hey everyone! I'm a bit new to the youtube scene. If you would like to see some of my videos please check out
      V---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
      My Youtube Channel!

Twitter too!
    • 8bituzz wrote:

Can you still be partnered with gaming networks without commentary? YouTube hasn't given my gaming channel any warnings or anything and when submitting my account to RPN the auto thing said I was fine.
      There are certain networks that accept non-commentary video footage, but not sure which. You can browse among the most well-known ones to make sure. However, if you haven't tried out commentating in your videos, I'd suggest you give it a try! ;) It's fun, it makes your channel unique...it's your signature, if I may say.

At first, I disliked the idea of having myself talking nonsense to a mic, without an actual audience and it kind of made me nervous. Don't expect to become 'super special awesome' from the beginning. You start off really bad (true story...I was terrible, to say the least...ugh! :P ) and after a certain point you realize you have found your own original and unique style. And people are going to enjoy and love you for it! It takes time, loads of patience and as long as you love what you do, you won't mind. The moment you watch a video of yours and say: "I was great!" is the moment you can upload it and feel proud of the outcome! Your subscribers will feel the excitement in your voice too. Trust me! ;)

Don't give up! Internetz are evil but we can win! Hope this helps! Good luck with your channel, my friend! :)
    • I do have some questions... I'm new to youtube, I just finished my first series (an rpg maker game); and I'm not really worried about views. I am however worried about certain games. Specifically Nintendo games, I want to do Let's Plays of Super Metroid and A Link to the Past, but I'm worried because of how big those franchises are they would get taken off (am I over-thinking too much?). Also, what about older games from this decade? I talking about games like Dead Space or Bioshock (both of which I want to do Let's Plays on). Should I just go for it? It doesn't hurt to try, right?
    • 8bituzz wrote:

Can you still be partnered with gaming networks without commentary? YouTube hasn't given my gaming channel any warnings or anything and when submitting my account to RPN the auto thing said I was fine.

I'm partnered with TGN which allows non-commentary channels while networks like Socialblade and RPM (which are both Maker) decline you if you don't have commentary on your videos. And yes , I can tell due to the fact I was declined for that fact.

zondwich wrote:

I do have some questions... I'm new to youtube, I just finished my first series (an rpg maker game); and I'm not really worried about views. I am however worried about certain games. Specifically Nintendo games, I want to do Let's Plays of Super Metroid and A Link to the Past, but I'm worried because of how big those franchises are they would get taken off (am I over-thinking too much?). Also, what about older games from this decade? I talking about games like Dead Space or Bioshock (both of which I want to do Let's Plays on). Should I just go for it? It doesn't hurt to try, right?

Just do it and don't have too many worries and if you still have worries , just commentate over it to make it for fair use. So if it gets flagged for any reason (excluded music from mainstream artists and CGI cutscenes) you are able to knock the claim or what so ever off.

• How do i get partnered with a Network, do i find them, or do they find me? And, will i even have a chance at being partnered with a network, i only have like 200 subscribers, and the number is for sure not moving at all. Also, do i get rid of Adsense now? or is it to late, i got it bout a couple weeks ago, and didn't realize it could cause trouble later. Thanks in advance.
    • DonnieLuther wrote:

How do i get partnered with a Network, do i find them, or do they find me? And, will i even have a chance at being partnered with a network, i only have like 200 subscribers, and the number is for sure not moving at all. Also, do i get rid of Adsense now? or is it to late, i got it bout a couple weeks ago, and didn't realize it could cause trouble later. Thanks in advance.

both , networks will contact you through their scouts if you qualify for a partnership and you can apply for socialblade at 80 views a day whilst having no copyrighted content and have commentary on all your videos.

Moneytisation/'Youtube partner'/Adsense cannot be turned off in my knowledge. the reason why I put yt partner in ' marks is due to the fact youtube regards you as a partner if you have monrytisation enabled , but you dont have the features (which need to be unlocked with progress) of it.

• Thank you Cirno for taking time out of your day to make that! ^^ Im a bit new at the whole youtube channel starting and I have ALWAYS wanted to make videos. Im going to definatly take alot of your advice, my only problem is I dont have what I would consider the proper equipment to start, and because of certain limitations with my husband and I money problems at home at the moment I wont have them for quite awhile. Should I get started and upload videos from my smart phone and try to get SOME videos out there? Make it like a practice run I guess I should say. Or should I wait it out??? I am really curious as to anyones advice on this. ALSO, what are some good video editing softwares (free please if there ARE any good free ones) I could use to spice up a vlog???? Thanks to Cirno again and the Bros ^^ :D
      Joanie<3'sChristopher