Dealing With Schizophrenia

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Dealing With Schizophrenia

Well for all y'all who don't know what it is, lemme start by saying its no ordinary mental disorder. This is major, almost STD major.
      HOW I DESCRIBE IT:
      Scizophrenia, how I describe it is a mental disorder that'll screw with your brain and the five sense (touch, taste, sight, hearing, and smell)
      SIGHT: at random moments you can see a car crash and blink and thw wreckage could be gone. Now this may not seem like a normal thing, but I've seen people who are not there, random things that'll pop in my face and stuff like that.
      HEARING: I call these my Seven Sins because they represent the Seven Deadly Sins of Pandoras Box. Pride, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Wrath, Envy and Gluttony. They all talk to me, and they all are not real. You may think that they are just inside my head, but they've maniplated me to do stupid shit. Lately self harm has become an issue, and it sucks to be in the situation. They correspond to what they make fun of, Pride making fun of my Pride, Glutton making fun of how fat I should be, and so on. Wrath is different. He's the one that makes me in my worst moods, and he is my #1 pain in the ass.
      SMELL: I could smell a dead squirrel from across the block. Schizophrenia deals with it by making it smell worse. It sucks and I have Gym first Period.
      TASTE: I'll get random tastes in my mouth, but its nothing really critical.
      TOUCH: I can be moved around by a random person and I will think I am still in the same spot. It gets worse every day.

WIKIPEDIA:
      Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by poor emotional responsiveness.[1] Common symptoms include auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction. The onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood, some recreational and prescription drugs appear to cause or worsen symptoms. The mainstay of treatment is antipsychotic medication, which primarily suppresses dopamine (and sometimes serotonin) receptor activity. Psychotherapy and vocational and social rehabilitation are also important in treatment. The disorder is thought mainly to affect cognition, but it also usually contributes to chronic problems with behavior and emotion. People with schizophrenia are likely to have additional (comorbid) conditions, including major depression and anxiety disorders; the lifetime occurrence of substance abuse is almost 50%. The average life expectancy of people with the disorder is 12 to 15 years less than those without, the result of increased physical health problems and a higher suicide rate (about 5%). Social withdrawal, sloppiness of dress and hygiene, and loss of motivation and judgment are all common in schizophrenia.
      SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

This is what I have to live with. I have to live with a bitchy ass mother who thinks I am bullshitting her and says that all I want is attention and my dad has no money to spend on me to get me checked. I am self-diagnosed, but I show about every sign there is in the book (or Wikipedia). I have counted a total of 23 cuts, and 13 attempted suicides. None of which anyone really knows about. My "friends" all believe in me, but its hard to trust anyone these days. Well... that was my rant. I'm off to weep.
      No one will like you for what you want to be, so just be who you really are. - Annonymous

Channel: youtube.com/user/Tauntsa
      MonTage!: youtu.be/j-ptC3EutYw