PewDie the LifeSaver

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• PewDie the LifeSaver

I believe that this applies not just to me, but to many others. So, I went through a rough breakup recently, and my mind, in the Hellish-state that it's been in for God knows how long, took it really hard. I can't get everything off my mind, and it's killing me slowly inside.

That's when I watched PewDiePie. Well, I started watching him back in April, but this I'm watching him a LOT more now. He's like a Therapist to me, and he keeps my mind off of it. That and he's the only one who really can.

Major Brofist to PewDiePie!
    • I don't find pewdie much of a therapist, but he is good to get your mind of things, he's got that funny chill personality. But i feel he's kind of lost his humour side and kind of lets the game's humour take control. E.g He doesn't make as many jokes as he used to, not to mention him starting serious videos have been giving me major feels lately *hinting towards Walking dead ending*. I still enjoy pewdie and he is one of my favourite youtubers but i preffered his outrageous sillyness and humour. My two cents, Anyway bro hopefully your feeling better after the breakup now, try not to dawn on it and just focus on moving ahead :)
      I dun Goofed it.
      Also check out my youtube Channel if you can be bothered c:
      youtube.com/user/MattoaGames?feature=mhee
    • TheInfinitiGamer wrote:

That's when I watched PewDiePie. Well, I started watching him back in April, but this I'm watching him a LOT more now. He's like a Therapist to me, and he keeps my mind off of it. That and he's the only one who really can.

Felix is not a therapist of any sorts, he's just an entertainer. If you would watch TV all day, or be busy with a new fascinating hobby you found, it have the same effect on you. He just gets your mind off things and therefor you feel relieved - he can't just solve your problems. We're all happy that he can help you in such a way though.

Mattoa wrote:

I don't find pewdie much of a therapist, but he is good to get your mind of things, he's got that funny chill personality. But i feel he's kind of lost his humour side and kind of lets the game's humour take control. E.g He doesn't make as many jokes as he used to, not to mention him starting serious videos have been giving me major feels lately *hinting towards Walking dead ending*. I still enjoy pewdie and he is one of my favourite youtubers but i preffered his outrageous sillyness and humour. My two cents, Anyway bro hopefully your feeling better after the breakup now, try not to dawn on it and just focus on moving ahead :)

He changed a lot if you look at his videos from the start to where we are now, but that has a simple reason: doing one thing over and over again gets boring. That's why he stopped playing Amnesia as well, it's just the same thing everytime. And apart from the fun that he would lose, the viewers (except the brainless fans applauding for every single thing he does) would get bored too. Nobody would want to watch 500 episodes of Minecraft, just to see everything repeating again and again. Just look at his humor this way and you'll see that he has to switch the kind of jokes he makes, as well as the amount which needs to be adjusted to the games he records.
    • Yes, a break-up is the worst problem there is, ever.
      If someone broke up with my I would've killed myself.
      Oh, wait.. someone DID break up with me and here I am. Standing on my two legs, or sitting on a chair. You decide.

Geez.
      If you have a hard time dealing with the break-up, go to a real therapist. Don't sit next to your computer all day and watch vidoes. Go outside and do stuff. I don't know how old you are but a relationship is not everything. She/he wasn't your soulmate, trust me.
      I have not failed. I have just found 10 000 ways that do not work.
    • I am glad you found a way to cope, but you know they say this about Egoraptor, Jon Tron, Zack Scott, CavemanFilms, AntVenom, Tobuscus, Nova, Cry, Caddicarus, SeaNanners, TheAngryVideogameNerd, TimmyCr4ft, and other lesser known lets players(please subscribe to all of them... or just me xD lol), I think its just cuz they are so funny that it gets you're mind off of it. I think it would be better to watch many Let's Players and mix it up a bit every now and then. but whatever you thinks works is whats really important xD

I hear a lot of people say this so I think Let's Players are doing a psychological assistance to society in some way :P still dont think people shouldnt rely on them for this even though when I started watching Pewdiepie I was going through a tough time xD I didnt really need help tho, more like I just needed something to watch cuz I was bored, seriousely I like had literally no one to talk to. they all spoke a foreign language, worst summer ever xD

anyway hope you feel better and HALY SHEET mKeRix ninja'hed a post while I typed o_o

yeah mKerix... watching 500 episodes of Minecraft is crazy.. heheheh (hides the fact he is watching all of Tobuscuses Minecraft Videos out of just to watch something while multitasking)
      Signature not included

The post was edited 1 time, last by TimmyCr4ft ().

• Sorry. I will admit that the title of this topic was indeed rather misleading. And I actually did include that he is like a Therapist to me (Keyword "like"). And to the person telling me to get a real therapist and that it wasn't that bad, everyone's different. People are effected in different ways. For all you know I could be a Special Education student ( I'm not, just a fair example). Not everyone can just breeze through like others, and I did not feel like sharing my life story to the world as to why it was so horrible for me.

Other than that, I'd like to thank everyone for the support.
    • Everyone copes with problems in different ways. There is nothing wrong with saying that PewDiePie is like a therapist - it's not like he is asking for PewDiePie to come over to his house and listen to his problems. I think what he meant to say is that he's a distraction (a wonderful distraction that is) from his pain - and that it's helping him cope with his feelings so he isn't always sad. And that's okay.

A breakup can be very hard depending on the situation - so no one should EVER downplay someone's feelings based off of one problem that someone may have flown through without a bat of the eye.

*brofist* PewDiePie can make anyone smile and laugh by just being his silly self. That's just who PewDiePie is. I think all of us Bros can say that he's helped make us smile during a difficult time.
      Scream and be free.
    • I still watch PewDie even now, but unlike you, watching him has a completely opposite effect in that is makes me break down in tears due to the fact that I first watched him when my ex-girlfriend mentioned him to me.

I still laugh, I still watch him but sometimes it kills me inside because I'm watching him do funny shit alone instead of with my ex...

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • Sorry dear, but I'll have to disagree.
      He's not serious and most of his jokes may (Or may not) be offending people who their parents (or them) have been sexually abused or otherwise.

So sorry to say this :c
      " Courage is almost a contradiction in terms . It means a strong desire to live taking in the form of a readiness to die "
    • mKeRix wrote:

TheInfinitiGamer wrote:

Felix is not a therapist of any sorts, he's just an entertainer. If you would watch TV all day, or be busy with a new fascinating hobby you found, it have the same effect on you. He just gets your mind off things and therefor you feel relieved - he can't just solve your problems. We're all happy that he can help you in such a way though.

Mattoa wrote:

I don't find pewdie much of a therapist, but he is good to get your mind of things, he's got that funny chill personality. But i feel he's kind of lost his humour side and kind of lets the game's humour take control. E.g He doesn't make as many jokes as he used to, not to mention him starting serious videos have been giving me major feels lately *hinting towards Walking dead ending*. I still enjoy pewdie and he is one of my favourite youtubers but i preffered his outrageous sillyness and humour. My two cents, Anyway bro hopefully your feeling better after the breakup now, try not to dawn on it and just focus on moving ahead :)

He changed a lot if you look at his videos from the start to where we are now, but that has a simple reason: doing one thing over and over again gets boring. That's why he stopped playing Amnesia as well, it's just the same thing everytime. And apart from the fun that he would lose, the viewers (except the brainless fans applauding for every single thing he does) would get bored too. Nobody would want to watch 500 episodes of Minecraft, just to see everything repeating again and again. Just look at his humor this way and you'll see that he has to switch the kind of jokes he makes, as well as the amount which needs to be adjusted to the games he records.

Yeah i understand what you mean, he has to change or he would just get boring, but i think a few of the reasons i've kinda lost interest is the games he's playing aren't very much to my interest, i mean im fine with that as people are interested in some of the games he plays and i really am happy pewdie plays the games he does. I'm actually quite keen to see what he does next now, he seems to becoming very varied recently. And heck, it might have been that i found him hilariously funny before because i never quite experienced a entertainer like that before.
      I dun Goofed it.
      Also check out my youtube Channel if you can be bothered c:
      youtube.com/user/MattoaGames?feature=mhee
    • Watching Pewdiepie's Video sometime help me regain my conscious and sanity while having anxiety.
      Yes, i did have several fear that can't get off my head.
      And i even had been end up in a broke down state, along with critical obsessions.
      but when i watch pewdiepie's videos. Those all just gone away (for a while though).
      After went on some mind treatment and watching video/playing video games (in a nice way). i slowly recovered from anxiety.
      Yes, it's still nagging me. but it's no longer do mental harms anymore.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bloodyspare ().

• I don't think talking that he is not a therapist or something like that will change something,some people just need a smile on their face to start a new "essence of hope"e everyone can be a therapist,he became serious,i think in the beginning was just a man doing his games,but now its a whole family he built up and at least he is showing us who is too "felix" different from pewdiepie that we usually know,but who cares? He still funny and for me the only one that i ever subicribed so keep doing what your doing.