What do you bros do when you're sad?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Me? I either talk to someone about it here or in school, ORRR...

I get upset a teeny bit, thisnk about it every second and bottle it up so no one can see any of the feels untill it gets to a point where my sadness turns to rage and then when I'm alone I throw things and punch walls n' shit. If I get to a point where I'm seething with rage and I'm not alone, I can feel it welling up in my chest so I'll either make stupid small talk to make everything seem alright to the people around me orrr I'll just go on my phone and ignore people c:
    • Rune wrote:

When I actually had a girlfriend I'd normally text her and ask if I could meet her and then we'd just hug for ages and sometimes I'd even cry on her if it was something bad... she's the only person in the world (apart from my Mum and Sister) who have seen me properly cry.

Now it's normally on a scale XD (7 being suicidally depressed and 1 being 'okay-ish')

1 - Okay-ish: Normally I just ignore whatever it is and make a video or play a game
      2 - Slightly Depressed: Just sit and think, then eat something small and then play a video game XD
      3 - Upset: Usually I'll play my guitar really loud and sing really loud - usually something depressing
      4 - Really Depressed: I'll lay down on my bed in the foetal position and just think or take a REALLY long shower
      5 - Close to tears: Put my earphones in, listen to the heaviest shit I have on full volume and then go for a walk without giving a shit about the time or weather (bare in mind I'm scared to walk alone at night past half 10 but that's a story for another day)
      6 - Uncontrollable tears: I wont even bother with the walk to clear my head, I'll just sit there, lock my door, listen to the most depressing shit I have and just cry
      7 - Suicidally Depressed: I've only ever been like this once but I instantly broke down crying before punching a wall so hard it instantly shattered my knuckle into three pieces (I still have a slight deformity) and then I tried ringing a couple of close friends including my ex (desperation I know!) my sister and a few guys but my phone just wouldn't do it so I threw it at the wall as hard as I could and the screen came out of the phone and shattered - I then decided to walk to my closest mates house and at least three or four times I almost threw myself infront of a bus but didn't have the strength or will to do it... I never want to be like that again

yeah I agree on that scale ^ xD

there was one time when I found out something that I'm not meant to know about it. Unfortunately I did so I started crying.
      Then I went to bed listening to Coldplay songs and continued crying.

I told my best friend that I was breaking down and what was happening so i stayed up late.
    • I usually end up just sitting in my room, go to sleep, play a video game i can lose stress to. After that, i usually start going into a third person context of myself, wondering if whatever made me sad needed to, was it my fault, someone elses or if it just happened. I also think to myself, im lucky as i can be to live in a first world country, with a bed, food, internet, friends and a caring family and that someone somewhere is having a harder time than i am, i then get motivated to go out and help someone, i try my best to after that. I also understand people can be terribly abused in first world countries as well, so i understand if someone cannot see things the way i do, ive seen it through alot of views, but i chose to go the way i did because it made me feel better. People have different ways of cheering up, i respect it :). Just my two cents on this
      I dun Goofed it.
      Also check out my youtube Channel if you can be bothered c:
      youtube.com/user/MattoaGames?feature=mhee
    • I don't do anything when I'm sad, I just do everything as normal show no emotion and just compare my life with the lives of others who are worse off than me, the first part only helps with me mentally the other half helps in most other ways... so usually I stop being so sad after that...
      Please check out my youtube channel!
      GAMING (LET'S PLAYS AND ALL DAT GOOD STUFF)
      www.youtube.co.uk/nerdswithgames

goo.gl/Q2Sg6 <- Click It, I dare YOU
    • I listen to music. I have an entire playlist on Spotify devoted to sadness. :P And I cry....I do quite a bit of crying, usually until I fall asleep. I'm hesitant to reach out to people when I'm sad...I feel like I'm bothering them with my problems. So I don't say anything about it unless someone asks me outright.
      I'm gonna be a blitzball when I grow up! :D
    • yeah, i cry real hard into a pillow or a shoulder if i have one. i try to get it all out, then i feel 100% better. i often talk to people about how i feel too, when i do that it feels like i have someone on my side, and i am happy. but when i finish crying i smile, no matter how bad i feel, a smile will always make me feel better. i also pray when i get down, i ask god for help and i feel better, because i know he loves me.
      Invinsibility is in defence; The possibility of victory in the attack.

-Sun Tzu