Homesick [a FREE bro creation]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I would totally play this game, but it's glitched for me. Opening items doesn't work. I hold the mouse button to open something, and it opens, but as soon as I let go it immediately closes again and there are no items inside. There was only one random playthrough where opening things worked and I acquired the crowbar, if I remember right, but I haven't been able to get this game to work other than that.
  • peachvomit wrote:

Hahah, I was just gonna come post you a GRATS!

Dandy Dragon wrote:

Whoa, you should've been proud of yourself for making such a great game. *Various clapping noises*
    Lol yeah, making a great game is good and all, but kind of sucks if no one else likes it. Good to know I've finally made something that some people seem to enjoy :D

heydavid17 wrote:

I'm defiantly gonna try this game, but sadly I can't upload it before in end January
    What?

Rawr0s wrote:

I would totally play this game, but it's glitched for me. Opening items doesn't work. I hold the mouse button to open something, and it opens, but as soon as I let go it immediately closes again and there are no items inside. There was only one random playthrough where opening things worked and I acquired the crowbar, if I remember right, but I haven't been able to get this game to work other than that.
    It's not glitched. When you move the mouse away from an object, it closes, so if you don't want it to close, then don't move your mouse away. The placement of all the items is random, though they won't be placed in an area you cannot get to, i.e. the crowbar will never be in the basement or on the balcony. The placement is determined at the start of the game, so the items will never move. You just have to keep looking through every spot to find the items.

EpicFaceFan489 wrote:

Can't download. Also why is the killer zombie Jesus?
    Try the second download link from 4shared, the dropbox link won't work for another two days, because they are stupid heads. Lol zombie Jesus? That'd be hilarious but how do you get Zombie Jesus from a guy wearing a mask, hood and lab coat?
  • chloe3353 wrote:

Rawr0s wrote:

I would totally play this game, but it's glitched for me. Opening items doesn't work. I hold the mouse button to open something, and it opens, but as soon as I let go it immediately closes again and there are no items inside. There was only one random playthrough where opening things worked and I acquired the crowbar, if I remember right, but I haven't been able to get this game to work other than that.
    It's not glitched. When you move the mouse away from an object, it closes, so if you don't want it to close, then don't move your mouse away. The placement of all the items is random, though they won't be placed in an area you cannot get to, i.e. the crowbar will never be in the basement or on the balcony. The placement is determined at the start of the game, so the items will never move. You just have to keep looking through every spot to find the items.

Well, I don't know if bug reporting is too helpful now that the game is done an the competition is done and all that, but I do believe it is glitched, because I wasn't able to find any items anyhwere. :P Also, the music at the beginning doesn't seem to be synced up right. I made video to demonstrate though if it's helpful to you:
    youtube.com/watch?v=hqIngkEwdvw&feature=youtu.be
    Sorry about the bad sound quality/commentary, though, haven't really gotten my feet on the ground in terms of that
  • Rawr0s wrote:

Well, I don't know if bug reporting is too helpful now that the game is done an the competition is done and all that, but I do believe it is glitched, because I wasn't able to find any items anyhwere. Also, the music at the beginning doesn't seem to be synced up right. I made video to demonstrate though if it's helpful to you:
    youtube.com/watch?v=hqIngkEwdvw&feature=youtu.be
    Sorry about the bad sound quality/commentary, though, haven't really gotten my feet on the ground in terms of that

The music is synced fine on most computers, your computer probably just slow. I've noticed a lot of videos that have this problem.

The items are definitely there, you just have to make sure to look in every spot, make sure you're looking under the beds, tables, in all the drawers. If you want to know where all the spots are, watch my video on my youtube channel. Just in case, here is a quick list. One of the frame objects will have the safe behind it, the rest will have certain items.

Living Room : 1 spot (end table) 1 frame (tv)

Bathroom: 1 spot (medicine cabinet)

Dining room: 4 spots (3 on table, 1 on china cabinet)

Kitchen: 5 spots (4 cabinets, 1 stove)

2F Hall: 4 spots (1 chair, 1 end table, 2 cabinets)

Bedroom 1: 4 spots (2 bed, 1 chest, 1 closet)

Bedroom 2: 5 spots (4 drawers, 1 bed) 1 frame (tackboard)

Office (purple room): 3 spots (2 drawers 1 closet) 1 frame (picture frame)

Balcony *Locked*: 3 spots (2 plants, 1 table)

Basement Hall: 3 spots (2 cabinets, 1 Jail cell)

Basement Room 1 & storage room: 3 spots (2 cabinets, 1 box)

Basement Room 2: 3 spots (3 bodies)

Mirpacho wrote:

what program did you used? i will make one in my free time :D
    I have a strong background in programming, for this project I used multimedia fusion 2, a logic based editor. It's nice because porting to different mediums is super easy. However, it is slightly on the expensive side, though there is a free 'newgrounds' edition of one of their older products, The Games Factory 2 that you can use to get aquainted with the software.
  • chloe3353 wrote:

The music is synced fine on most computers, your computer probably just slow. I've noticed a lot of videos that have this problem.

The items are definitely there, you just have to make sure to look in every spot, make sure you're looking under the beds, tables, in all the drawers. If you want to know where all the spots are, watch my video on my youtube channel. Just in case, here is a quick list. One of the frame objects will have the safe behind it, the rest will have certain items.

Well, my computer is certainly not slow from a performance standpoint. My machine is very, very powerful. :P
    And I don't know whether you watched my video or not, but I beliiiieve I got every single one of those, except the locked up rooms, and with nothing inside! I'm sure it's a quirky glitch on my computer, but it does make the game impossible to complete so I thought I'd point it out.
  • Rawr0s wrote:

Well, my computer is certainly not slow from a performance standpoint. My machine is very, very powerful.
    And I don't know whether you watched my video or not, but I beliiiieve I got every single one of those, except the locked up rooms, and with nothing inside! I'm sure it's a quirky glitch on my computer, but it does make the game impossible to complete so I thought I'd point it out.
    Uh, yeah I watched it. You ignored the 2nd floor completely. There's a stairway in the dining room to the left of the china cabinet.
  • The Witch's House scared me a lot. Almost I die...
    Homesick will surely make me die, so I'm think I'm gonna take a break with the horror games and play racing games (sorry, Pewdie, sorry, just a week. But of course I will watch your videos everyday, even I won't play all of them this week ;) ). After that, maybe I will try this game.
    Anyway, is very good and scary. Good work!
    ,,There's a war between a good and a bad dog in every us. It will won who we chose to feed.''