My goal for the perfect summer body 2013.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• My goal for the perfect summer body 2013.

What's up boys and girls?

I decided to make a topic about my goal for the perfect summer body, I'll explain what I want to do, how I'm going to do it, and I keep track of what I did and stuff.

Introducing myself.
      So hello guys, my name is Julien, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Holland. I have always been insecure about my body, i'm thin, not muscular at all, but I'm gonna change that. ( I might post a picture of me at this stage to give you guys an impression of what my body looks like. ) So there is automaticly the reason why I want to do this, I want to get a good looking body so I increase my confidence and not be that thin looking guy anymore.

My goal
      I recently found a photo of a guy I don't know but his body was quite good looking ( in a non homo way ) So good, that I decided that I want something simular like that. The photo I'm talking about?

This fella right here.

What I want to reach.

His body. That's basicly it.

The abs
      V line (maybe a bit more)
      Chest
      Biceps
      Shoulder
      Tricep

Like the whole upper body, I can't train my legs that good since I have an injury, so I mainly focus on my upper body but I will do some leg exercises because my legs look like shit too.

I want to reach this and I hope you guys support me with my goal, I will post several progress pictures to let you guys know how I'm doing :)

I found a training schedule with exercises here:

ehow.com/how_2172824_sexy-beach-body-weeks.html

Might ask a coach to help me with a personal schedule. I already have an eating schedule and I gained some weight so that's good already :)

I hope you guys support me, just by leaving a positive comment below, and I hope I will reach my goal by the summer.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

"People will laugh at your dreams, then hate you when you made them come true."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wobblematic ().

• If you want that V shape, then work alot on your lats, and be careful with what abdominal excerses you're doing aswell, as some can build muscle around the lower area of the body, ruining the V shape you can get. Strangely guys with small hips and big lats look bigger than guys with the same lats but wider hip muscle. :P
    • I third this motion.
      I'm actually expecting my galaxy s iii tomorrow which I got for the sole purpose that it can record 720p video from the front camera. Which i'll use for daily vlogs, which will in turn help me stay on track with the program. That and in a matter of a few hours i'll be partnered with Union for Gamers, so i'll feel like im moving somewhere good and i'll step up my game ;)
    • Br00tal wrote:

pdp.net beach 2013 movement here we go!
      Step 1, stop smoking
      Step 2, eat better
      Step 3, workout everyday

Step 1: Redcue smoking (I dont smoke) Studies have shown smokers can lose more fat loss than non smokers, also smokers have expanded veins, therefore some guys actually look better with nice veins down the arms.
      Step 2: That's a hard concept as some 'healtyh foods' can be bad for you, for example, I, as a protein type metabolism need to stay away from Apples, as they spike my insulin and well... that's not the effect you want for losing fat ;)
      Step 3: Workout VIA weight lifting training, with 10-20 minutes of cardio MAX, every second day.

GG.
    • Yes, the belly and lowerback looks kinda thin tbh, where his upperback looks all pumped up, I'm not saying I will reach this body but I hope to come at least near it when the summer starts.

and about the tan, I can get tanned but not that much, but it's not that I'm like albino white :p

Except for my legs, I have too many hair on my leg that they won't get tan, might trim them a bit :p.

• Im in! i will start of walking, then running until i can do 2.4 miles every day (i used to to that route) also my mate's really good at drafting up regimes, ill post one once I get one of him, he trains alot and I used to train with him. the days went something like- 1=chest, shoulders and triceps 2=rest 3=back and biceps 4=legs 5=abs! and res for the weekend I think.
    • If any of you need help, I'm pretty much a fitness and nutrition expert. Come to me with any questions!

I'm currently on my way to visible abs from having a lot of muscle and some extra fat (especially from summer, it killed me!). Losing about 2 pounds of body fat a week, haven't lost any muscle mass yet, and happy :)
    • Thanks alot marcus, much appreciated. And good luck with your goal!

I probally start working out next monday again, don't feel very fit now so I take a little break, but after that I'm just gonna work out as much as I can and efficient as I can to reach my goal, I will keep some kind of diary here and tell you what kind of excersices I did etc etc.

@Br00tal, the crosstrainer is a good one to burn unnessecary calories I heard, ( Not sure )

• Good luck!
      Just one thing: don't concentrate on one thing. I've seen so many ppl who were "following online instructions" and they became way ugly (well, it was funny for me)
      For example : Don't work only on your hands and your abs cause you'll look stupid. And most people tend to forget their legs... that's even worse.
      About burning fat: running is the most effective way, well at least one of the most effective ways. And by running I mean really running, don't use those "running pads" or
      whatever they are called. They remove the most important part of the running. And running should be done anyway. Even if you want to look awesome.
      Cardio is needed! I'll try to check on this post, updates and if I'll see something very stupid I'll comment( after doing track and field for 12 years, I've got some
      experience , I'd say that)
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?
    • I'm planning to focus on my entire upper body, as you can read in the main post that includes

abs
      biceps
      triceps
      shoulders
      upper back
      lower back
      chest

Since I have an injury to my right groin ( if that's the word ) I can't do much leg excersises but I'm slowly trying to do them with minimal weight, but the main focus lies on the upper body

And thanks bro, I can use all the tips you have :)