Thinking about what happens when you're dead is mindfuck

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The craziest thing that i can think of is... when you die, as those maggots and shit chewing your brains out, they probably swallowed our dna cell. Then we became a fly and lives happily ever affter. then probably became a tree.

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
  • Toby wrote:

Well, I'm not Christian nor do I have any other religion, but I do wonder what happens when we die. When we die, our brain doesn't work and our body is just like an ordinary object that can't live. Of course we wouldn't be able to ''see'' anything because we're dead, and naturally you'd think all you would ''see''' is blackness. But since you can't see, well.. wut.
    It's just really strange when you think about it. Sure, you can say ''you don't see anything because you can't see''
    however, that's not a direct answer, because if you think about it, if you're 100% blind then I think you'd see blackness, not sure though.. ugh. mindfuck.
    Anyone have theories? Please don't say ''heaven'' or any religious things, just something that makes sense.

Actually you wont see blackness, you will just be flying around places for 9 days and then you will be in heaven or hell. And you will see stuff, you will be a soul.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheDauphin ().

• dragonlord7132 wrote:

The craziest thing that i can think of is... when you die, as those maggots and shit chewing your brains out, they probably swallowed our dna cell. Then we became a fly and lives happily ever affter. then probably became a tree.

That's a really cool way of thinking about it but in that sense whenever we eat a burger we're consuming cow DNA so how come the cow doesn't take over our bodies and there's loads of us just casually eating grass and laughing at other 'humans' that stand in our clap XD
    Subscribe! YouTube
    Fan Group!Facebook
    Follow me! Twitter
  • When I was younger, I pondered what would happen after death quite a bit. I certainly don't want to just be given a black screen for all of eternity, nor do I want to be burned for not believing in any one religion's God. I did come close to figuring out what happens, but my thoughts kept hitting this barrier. I don't know how else to describe it other than this barrier that prevented me from thinking beyond this physical world. (Maybe my thoughts and consciousness were ready to ascend to the next world, but my physical body tethered me to this world. *Shrug*)

Like everyone else, I have my own personal belief of what happens but I'm not about to put all of my faith into this idea when I could be wrong and become eternally damned for some reason. I'm not necessarily afraid of death, I'm afraid of what happens after because it's not 100% certain.
  • Thoughts of nothing

When I was about 13 I had a very vivid thought of exactly what it would be like for there to be nothing after death... it's a thought I couldn't possibly re-think or start to explain... and I just sat there (I was at school, in a lesson at the time) and was kinda shocked... and now I believe that there is just nothing...

It's actually a pretty worrying, yet intriguing thought really... but also an exciting thought, because in the very unlikely chance something really does happen after death, it would be very interesting thinking about how it works...
    Or at least that's how I think of it. That really does take any worry about dying off your shoulders.
    Please check out my youtube channel!
    GAMING (LET'S PLAYS AND ALL DAT GOOD STUFF)
    www.youtube.co.uk/nerdswithgames

goo.gl/Q2Sg6 <- Click It, I dare YOU
  • I fear it may be you stay where you died, in darkness, and you can feel everything but can do nothing about it, so maybe if you died by being shot in the head, you will stay there for eternity in horrible pain. OH GOD DON'T LET ME DIE WHEN WILL THEY MAKE THEM IMMORTALITY PILLS
  • Joe wrote:

I fear it may be you stay where you died, in darkness, and you can feel everything but can do nothing about it, so maybe if you died by being shot in the head, you will stay there for eternity in horrible pain. OH GOD DON'T LET ME DIE WHEN WILL THEY MAKE THEM IMMORTALITY PILLS
    What a grim way to think about it! Oh and if they made immortality pills the world would become over populated and everything would just eventually fall apart ;)
    Please check out my youtube channel!
    GAMING (LET'S PLAYS AND ALL DAT GOOD STUFF)
    www.youtube.co.uk/nerdswithgames

goo.gl/Q2Sg6 <- Click It, I dare YOU
  • I_iz_so_kool wrote:

Joe wrote:

I fear it may be you stay where you died, in darkness, and you can feel everything but can do nothing about it, so maybe if you died by being shot in the head, you will stay there for eternity in horrible pain. OH GOD DON'T LET ME DIE WHEN WILL THEY MAKE THEM IMMORTALITY PILLS
    What a grim way to think about it! Oh and if they made immortality pills the world would become over populated and everything would just eventually fall apart ;)

Sell them for 10 billion poundsdollaryen.
  • Joe wrote:

Imagine being chopped up into hundreds of pieces and still being alive. There would be no limits to torture ;(

The pain would go away when you die. It would be a matter of minutes, or hours only.

But being immortal? You would have to suffer any kind of torture and not die.

And then bam, the world somehow will end. And there you are. Floating in space. Forever!
  • Sharky wrote:

Joe wrote:

Imagine being chopped up into hundreds of pieces and still being alive. There would be no limits to torture ;(

The pain would go away when you die. It would be a matter of minutes, or hours only.

But being immortal? You would have to suffer any kind of torture and not die.

And then bam, the world somehow will end. And there you are. Floating in space. Forever!

But if you were floating in space, eventually you would lack enough oxygen that it makes you so retarded that you don't really feel it anymore. In that sense, I guess there is kind of a limit to torture.