Thinking about what happens when you're dead is mindfuck

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Joe wrote:

But if you were floating in space, eventually you would lack enough oxygen that it makes you so retarded that you don't really feel it anymore.

Well, going deeper in this is also mindfuck.

Because, lack of oxygen would somehow damage your lungs and you wont be able to breathe anymore.

And lack of oxygen should be = death. But, since you're immortal, you won't die. You'll just float around in space. Suffering.
  • I've always thought that being dead is exactly the same as being knocked unconscious. I've only been knocked unconscious once, and it was only for 10 minutes but since then I have been unable to imagine death any other way. I'm a pagan, and I do live by my religion but I just can't buy into our idea of what happens after death. :)
  • Bare in mind that immortality and invincibility are two very different things... If you are immortal you can die for a short period of time and then come back stronger or in a new form... Using video game logic here ;)

(FF are easy examples to use :p)

Sin - Final Fantasy X: It would die for around 10 years after each summoner defeated it
    Caius - Final Fantasy XIII-2: That twat... don't even get me started -.- what a crappy end to a decent game!

Just to ease the mindfuck on our brains a little guys!
    However if you were immortal AND invincible... then gf XD
    Subscribe! YouTube
    Fan Group!Facebook
    Follow me! Twitter
  • IIZSOCOOL wrote:

Why into a freak?

The world will be changing. People will change. And you will be the same. And 200 years into the future, you will still be the same person with the same body.

I quote from the link I posted:

"Their bodies and brains are going to continue to adapt to an ever-changing world. Yours won't. Will your digestive system be able to handle the same food they eat? Will your brain enjoy the same entertainment? Will your non-evolved tongue even be able to speak the languages they speak in the year one million AD? Would an unfrozen caveman be able to do all of that now?"
  • Sharky wrote:

IIZSOCOOL wrote:

Why into a freak?

The world will be changing. People will change. And you will be the same. And 200 years into the future, you will still be the same person with the same body.

I quote from the link I posted:

"Their bodies and brains are going to continue to adapt to an ever-changing world. Yours won't. Will your digestive system be able to handle the same food they eat? Will your brain enjoy the same entertainment? Will your non-evolved tongue even be able to speak the languages they speak in the year one million AD? Would an unfrozen caveman be able to do all of that now?"
    Yeah I know, i read through the link... but I'm thinking of the fact that if you're immortal your body would probably have to evolve at a very fast pace so you could keep up with your ever changing surroundings
    Please check out my youtube channel!
    GAMING (LET'S PLAYS AND ALL DAT GOOD STUFF)
    www.youtube.co.uk/nerdswithgames

goo.gl/Q2Sg6 <- Click It, I dare YOU
  • I know it's an intresting question, but I prefer to focus on life than death ^^

But... If I had to answer, I don't know, it is genuinely a mindfuck and you're never going to find out until you die. BUT, most people who have had their heart stopped and died for a few minutes have always said that they were at the gates of heaven, which I find intresting...
  • Joker123 wrote:

I know it's an intresting question, but I prefer to focus on life than death ^^

But... If I had to answer, I don't know, it is genuinely a mindfuck and you're never going to find out until you die. BUT, most people who have had their heart stopped and died for a few minutes have always said that they were at the gates of heaven, which I find intresting...

But what if the white light that people see is the the "opening" into another life *cough* vagina *cough*
    I find that thought very interesting O.o like your soul is transferring bodies or something...
    Subscribe! YouTube
    Fan Group!Facebook
    Follow me! Twitter
  • Joker123 wrote:

I know it's an intresting question, but I prefer to focus on life than death ^^

It's a Near Death Experience / Out Of Body Experience (OBE), that's exactly what I think when you're die. Your soul will get out of your body and you will have an eternal OBE, well.. I think it's not actually OBE when you're die, because you can't go back to your body.

Formerly: Raven

YouTube Twitter Steam
  • DarkRaven13 wrote:

It's a Near Death Experience / Out Of Body Experience (OBE), that's exactly what I think when you're die. Your soul will get out of your body and you will have an eternal OBE, well.. I think it's not actually OBE when you're die, because you can't go back to your body.

Well, i certainly believe it as a possibility. Since i believe there's a soul in everybody. And we knew that it is something in an energy form. And if you go back to the first concept, that energy is a bunch of particle and motion. And unless they're stopped. Well, then they continue to moved. So that soul, life force, mass, whatever you called it. must be able to transect, and... must be able to sustain itself.

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
  • And when I leave this earth, my body will return to the ground and I will become a beautiful tree!

Dane Cook joke <3

I often think about this and it just depresses me. The ceasing to exist just doesn't make sense to me, or as you put it, is a "mind fuck."

But I guess I'm getting over the depression part, or maybe I just don't feel like I'm about to die so I can laugh it off until I'm like 60, super sick and coughing up blood.
    YouTube - Subscribe to Get That Tingly Feeling!
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Twitch.tv
  • If "souls" is manegeament to be a source of a kind of ernegy that "store" the lifes that you made,and these ernegy can "move around" and search for a body or something that can have this "ernegy" you tecnycally would live another "being" but in the essence you are still you,altough the way you see the things you'd be surely diferent