How do i become a moderator or administrator?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• As a moderator you will be able to ban people, edit, delete, move, close and sticky threads and some more, those are the more key things you can do.

As an admin though, I believe you can also ban moderators and such, which moderators cannot.
    I don't think the privileges of being a mod/admin are classified, I think it's more that Br00tal doesn't know what they are.
    "I've begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it."
    "When this paper aeroplane leaves the cliff edge, and carves parallel vapour trails in the dark, we will come together."
  • I would like to be an moderator, BUT. I already moderate a forum (co-admin) and I can't moderate 2 forums at once X( And I better stick wiw 1 forum moderating :3

And if you wonder what forum, its BB: S "BrainBread: Source"

*disappears from the shadows*
    I make stuff :3
  • Angel wrote:

Maybe i would be a good mod if i tried...
    someone asked me once on another forum if i wanted to be and i was like "you kidding? no way :3" i wish i tired. ;(
    People think being a Mod makes them cool.
    I just want to keep everything clean/spamless, appropriate language and such.
    Right now, there is a guy spamming the forums and if i was a mod i would surely block him for a day or so, if he returns and do the same, i'll just perma/ip him if possibru.
  • MrBr00tal92 wrote:

Angel wrote:

Maybe i would be a good mod if i tried...
    someone asked me once on another forum if i wanted to be and i was like "you kidding? no way :3" i wish i tired. ;(
    People think being a Mod makes them cool.
    I just want to keep everything clean/spamless, appropriate language and such.
    Right now, there is a guy spamming the forums and if i was a mod i would surely block him for a day or so, if he returns and do the same, i'll just perma/ip him if possibru.

Who would wanna be "cool" I just wanted to try out see if i was good at it...
    Being "cool" was one of the things i wanted to avoid :3
  • No offence bros, but I think majority of us (bros) are maybe too childis to be mod/admin.

If I were asked what admin should have in hes sleeves:

- Atleast 18 years old (sorry junior-bros)
    - Fluent, or maybe quite close perfect english. (as theres all kind of differend nationalities here, this is MUST! But still, I don't mean that everyone in UK should be admin)
    - Innovative, comes up with new upgrades for the site.
    - Doesn't choose any sides.
    - Knows the basics about being admin (or atleas is very keen to learn)
    - And specially, IS A BRO.

Let's not hurry with these admin/moderator thingys, if we bros keep it clean and tidy, admins wont perhaps be even needed :)
    Chairmode activated.

"Suck it hard and blow it out"
    (c) First Brodate in 26.2.2012
  • Finbro wrote:

No offence bros, but I think majority of us (bros) are maybe too childis to be mod/admin.

- Fluent, or maybe quite close perfect english. (as theres all kind of differend nationalities here, this is MUST! But still, I don't mean that everyone in UK should be admin)

Let's not hurry with these admin/moderator thingys, if we bros keep it clean and tidy, admins wont perhaps be even needed :)

I'm sorry to break it to you but that's wrong, only cuz it's like that in other forums doesn't mean it's same here. :)
  • Finbro wrote:

No offence bros, but I think majority of us (bros) are maybe too childis to be mod/admin.

- Atleast 18 years old (sorry junior-bros.

Let's not hurry with these admin/moderator thingys, if we bros keep it clean and tidy, admins wont perhaps be even needed
    Most of the bro's yes.
    I am 20 years, very used to the basic rules of a forum and how they should be upheld.
    What attitiude that should be used against and to prevent bad behaviour.
    I do not say that i have perfect english, but i can understand and make myself understood to the majority of the english-speaking/using Bro's.
    Sides should not be chosen, hence the rules should always be followed.
    Some people are already creating chaos on the shoutboard/chat w/e.

Its pretty hard to know what is right and wrong due no official rule-thread, that might be why not many are posting so much.
  • Angel wrote:

Finbro wrote:

I'm sorry to break it to you but that's wrong, only cuz it's like that in other forums doesn't mean it's same here. :)
    Whats wrong? What ain't same in here? :)

EDIT:
    MrBr00tal92, and your english is perfectly understandable. I didin't mean to point that list to you, or anyone in here, no need to defend/prove yourself, you'd surely be a good admin. :)

And yes, there's quite much cleaning to do already, I just checked it. There would be use for few admins.
    Chairmode activated.

"Suck it hard and blow it out"
    (c) First Brodate in 26.2.2012
  • Finbro wrote:

Angel wrote:

Finbro wrote:

Whats wrong? What ain't same in here? :)

I think i missunderstood i'm sorry if i did now I'm a bit tired :)
    I did read all wrong..! Pliiz I'm sorry!
    I thought you talked about mods too ^w^
  • It would be a great experience to be a moderator. :) As I have learned from non-personal experience, if you ask to be a mod, chances are, you won't be a mod. On most sites I've been on, if you follow the rules and help out, maybe another mod will recommend you.
    Yes, I did paint my avatar :)

-Brofist-

My 8Bit Music Channel!
    Kongregate: An Amazing Flash Gaming Site With Achievements!!!
    ANYTHING GOES HQ GAMING CHANNEL!