Do you ever feel like nobody likes you?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Do you ever feel like nobody likes you?

...listen. I don't mean gaming now, you know. It's not about popularity or stuff like that (but of course it extends there too yeah but that's not the main issue now)

I just often feel like people don't like me. I know there's few people now who wanna say "but I like you" - I know dude. I know... but it doesn't help since the feeling doesn't go away so easy. I really don't want this conversation to turn into "awww but I like you" and next person goes "attention wh****"=P

But yeah. I often feel like not even my own friends like me. Talk about strangers! x_x I feel like new people I meet absolutely hate me or think I'm awkward/scary/something else negative. And the worst is this often leads to me not liking the other person because I think they don't like me. And I can get really jealous at people who are instantly liked, you know? Everyone knows people like that. I could tell examples but that's not fair or a good idea to do.

But yeah, do you ever feel like that?
    • I do feel like that sometimes but I kinda bring it on myself XD Someone I used to be friends with... well... his girlfriend cheated on him with me and she bullshitted practically saying I raped her and got half of his college to "keep an eye out for me" until she cheated the next week with someone else but we never became friends again but he wears chinos and shades indoors so.... -.-

I do know what you mean though... I think... I've had friends that used to hang around with me just for my money but once I actually started saving it in a bank account... *poof* they found a new friends with a fatter wallet and apparently a thinner brain. Other friends I've had just used to get a kick and a laugh out of my misery (basically making me look like a fucking tool in public 24/7) taking the piss out of my weight, my clothes, my love life, etc... some "friends" they were, right?

You just need to really sit down and think in a quiet room who you can really rely on... I have and I got the same answer time and time and time again... there was three people that it kept being narrowed down to...

#1 - Me. Yourself. No one can trust you or be trusted in by you more than yourself.
      #2 - The woman who taught me about #1, my Grandma... whenever her time comes I'm going to be completely lost
      #3 - A friend I've known since second grade... we're the type of friends who don't need to keep ringing each other and messaging each other to know that everything's still cool. There's been times where we haven't talked for months and we're still best friends when we see each other again

Whereas the other thing... about strangers? Fuck 'em. They don't need to earn your seal of approval and you sure as hell shouldn't feel the need to earn theirs! :) Hope I helped in some way/shape or form
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • Every day...In fact most people are honest about it and tell me to my face....But i don't let it get to me...Because i stick with the people that are nice enough to lie about it...

Anyway....Don't let it get you down...Remember...there is always at least one person other than your family that likes you...because your family will always like you...no matter what...
      I wanna cut you open, and see your colors run
      I wanna play, I wanna have a friend to have some fun
      Don't be afraid,don't cry, just give in
      This is the last time I'll see you again
      So come, relax, and sit still
      You belong to me and you will
      Keep quiet and look me in the eye,
      Cause I wanna cut you, wanna cut, while you f**king die....
    • Obviously. everybody feels that way, even I do. It's just a part of life and you have to get over it, because eventually it's going to be too much to even care about if people don't like you or not. Just be selfish and do whatever you want, do whatever makes you happy, be more carefree.
      I'm just trying to build up a positive mental attitude because of my depression >>"
      'Wow why did i never realize a moustache is just a mouth brow or that eyebrows are eyestaches what' - Tumblr
    • Rune wrote:

I do feel like that sometimes but I kinda bring it on myself XD Someone I used to be friends with... well... his girlfriend cheated on him with me and she bullshitted practically saying I raped her and got half of his college to "keep an eye out for me" until she cheated the next week with someone else but we never became friends again but he wears chinos and shades indoors so.... -.-

I do know what you mean though... I think... I've had friends that used to hang around with me just for my money but once I actually started saving it in a bank account... *poof* they found a new friends with a fatter wallet and apparently a thinner brain. Other friends I've had just used to get a kick and a laugh out of my misery (basically making me look like a fucking tool in public 24/7) taking the piss out of my weight, my clothes, my love life, etc... some "friends" they were, right?

You just need to really sit down and think in a quiet room who you can really rely on... I have and I got the same answer time and time and time again... there was three people that it kept being narrowed down to...

#1 - Me. Yourself. No one can trust you or be trusted in by you more than yourself.
      #2 - The woman who taught me about #1, my Grandma... whenever her time comes I'm going to be completely lost
      #3 - A friend I've known since second grade... we're the type of friends who don't need to keep ringing each other and messaging each other to know that everything's still cool. There's been times where we haven't talked for months and we're still best friends when we see each other again

Whereas the other thing... about strangers? Fuck 'em. They don't need to earn your seal of approval and you sure as hell shouldn't feel the need to earn theirs! :) Hope I helped in some way/shape or form

I have a friend like the on in your number 3. He's on college and I'm still on Highschool. We've been friends for like 13 yrs now. I'm 16.xD He's 19 I think. We don't need to talk always but we're still bestfriends.xD

Anyways, You're a bit pessimist but I, too, am having a hard time because I got bullied for almost my entire life. Verbally/Emotional bullying to be specific.
    • Well, I feel like no one likes me some times. I fee like I'm being really annoying and a huge pain in the butt.

Even my family..

But then, I found this forum, met a dozen of awesome friends, and I feel really loved here.

Thanks you guys for being such an awesome group of human beings.

Never felt like this in a long time. :)
    • People have a tendancy to not like me or associate with me. In some ways i find it a good thing, as most people around my age at my school are extremely judgemental. Im also pretty anti social because of it. I don't really care what they say about me though, i mean i learned early on around the age of 6 or 7 that people on this planet will always have a reason to dislike you. Its just a part of life really, i mean yeah i do feel bad when someone insults me, but i end up just not caring after about a day or two. If you have friends by your side who will accept you for you and support you through rough spots, than your fine, pay attention to them and not the people who dislike you or make fun of you or spread rumous. Just my two cents on the topic
      I dun Goofed it.
      Also check out my youtube Channel if you can be bothered c:
      youtube.com/user/MattoaGames?feature=mhee
    • whats the world coming to when even us young guys are this pessimistic eh? I'm no expert at making friends and stuff, but here's a couple of things to consider:

1. there is no such thing as as bad person, just a person who does bad things, possibly because of what has happened to them who knows?

2. a quote from probably my favorite comedy author Danny Wallace (read his books, they're so funny) - "strangers are just friends you haven't met yet"

Anyone can be friendly once you get to know them, whether you choose to believe that or not.
    • All the time. You could say I have friends at school but when I hang out with them I feel like I'm annoying them or something, its really confusing :\ Im lucky though, I do have my neighbor who I've been best friends with my whole life. She's probably the one person in the world I can be totally myself with. Though she doesn't go to my school so its still difficult. I even feel like my own Dad hates me sometimes, and I can really hate him.

Telling myself that I have no friends is the main reason why (I'm pretty sure) I'm depressed. But I always have my family and PDP.net to turn to :3 I'm so glad I found this place.
    • People always judge other people, even before they met. I cannot help if someone don't like me from a distance or if they does not like what they hear from other people in my surroundings. They have to meet me if they want to see the truth. Some people do not like my jokes and bromance while others likes it. ''If someone hates you for no reason, give that m**********r a reason.''
    • All the f**kin' time. I have no friends - I sit at home all day long, cause I have no one to hang out with. Two days ago I went to the party with few people from school. They just whispered something after 4 hours and left me there. I felt like shit. And I don't even have anyone on the web to play games with. I don't care anymore. They may all f**k themselves.

• Try living where I do Peachy (can i call you that? :D), I get lots of people hating on me because I am not from English heritage. I get lies spread about me (love you haters for making my boring life sound so amazing). I get people come into the store I work at telling me to get out of the UK, that I shouldn't be given my job because it's for "british people and not foreigners" even though I was born in England. I get lots of abuse and in many places I go to I get attitude from people making it feel like I don't belong where I live.

*big hugs to all the bros going through a similar situation*