Dealing With a Break-up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Dealing With a Break-up

Hey guys, just curious this time about how we all deal with a break-up whether it was recently or ages ago (I'm still trying to fix my life from last f**king year -.-)
      I don't want this topic to be too serious by any stretch of the imagination so I'll kick things off with a bit of a joke :p

I'm going to attach three pictures, each explains the stage of a breakup for me XD

1st Picture - One Week After (hanging out with loads of girls)
      2nd Picture - One Month After (Staying in bed until the afternoon)
      3rd Picture - Six Months After (Just... *no comment*)
      Images
      • 62021_4646448919012_1067270838_n.jpg

54.15 kB, 0×0, viewed 293 times
      • 400801_275346949251302_1367203362_n.jpg

110.61 kB, 0×0, viewed 207 times
      • am i hipster.jpg

69.93 kB, 0×0, viewed 233 times
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • Br00tal's Steps of Dealing With A Breakup

-being with girl-
      -SHE breaks up with me-
      1. 1 week being sad
      2. FUCK YEAH PARTY ALL DAY for 1 month
      3. Douchebag attitude 2 months
      4. Back to normal me

-I breaking up with her-
      1. FUCK YEAH PARTY ALL DAY for 2 months
      2. Douchebag attitude until i find someone im interested of
    • I've only ever had one breakup that affected me after a year-long relationship. The breakup was very sudden and its method was pretty insensitive, which didn't make it any easier. Basically I was incredibly depressed for about a week. I literally felt like there was a hole in my stomach. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep without crying a lot, couldn't focus. At some point, about 2 days in, I started playing a scary game and found it was the only thing I could focus on, the only thing distracting me long enough to allow me to eat again (gingerbread, of all things), and then when the week was done I suddenly went out, got a Tim Horton's soup, and found I could breathe again. Serious detox, but I'm speaking after a relationship with a fairly emotionally manipulative and abusive person.
    • @Anden

Oh yeah, no doubt. I was younger then and I've always been more of a sensitive, emotionally-based person than most people I know. I was also more gullible and easier to mess with and sadly ended up in a relationship with someone that got off on playing with my head as an ego-trip. Of course, the fault was equally mine for not recognizing it and not walking away when I finally did (by then I was too emotionally attached), something I have remedied since. I'm in a great, six-year relationship now c: We got engaged last November!
    • Unfortunately, Cormano is finding it hard to deal with the current break up. Yeah, I had a really seriously bad break up with the girl I really love, and I still love her even now. Well, friend zone is our current situation and I'm happy with it at this moment in time. How I'm dealing with it right now is by thanking fate everyday that I am still lucky to be standing next to her. I'm just dealing with it by thinking I'm still close to her right now :thumbsup:

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • yeah breakups really suck, im still friends with one of my ex's in this current state, but like Cormano said, im still happy to still be around her, i hate breakups when you never talk to each other again, they're terrible, but you know, its nothing to get depressed over long periods of time about, im usually just sad about it for 1-2 weeks, but i just move on. As the saying goes, if you love someone, let them go, if they love you back, they will come running back to you, but if they dont come back, then dont be depressed over it, theres plenty of other people out there
    • Mega_hyp3rrr_808 wrote:

yeah breakups really suck, im still friends with one of my ex's in this current state, but like Cormano said, im still happy to still be around her, i hate breakups when you never talk to each other again, they're terrible, but you know, its nothing to get depressed over long periods of time about, im usually just sad about it for 1-2 weeks, but i just move on. As the saying goes, if you love someone, let them go, if they love you back, they will come running back to you, but if they dont come back, then dont be depressed over it, theres plenty of other people out there

If I have to be 100% honest I'm still struggling 11 months after breaking up because we went through a patch were we didn't speak then we met up and kissed (when she was still with her rebound) then we more or less went all the way a week later, then she fell in love with some 20 year old she met at work and now she's been with him ever since and the last time I spoke to her properly is June but I've seen her at parties and stuff and last time I was drunk I announced my undying love for her infront of all her friend pissed out my eyeballs X'D

It's never easy, but I was hoping this topic would put a light shade on the whole thing :p That's what my pictures were aiming for anyway :3
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • When the love of my life broke up with me I was just so broken that I didn't talk to anybody, I cryed all day everyday, I slept max. 4 hours and when I woke up I went on my laptop to not think about him. But in some time I thought what is the point of crying over a person who hurted me so bad. So I chose not to think about him. I only smiled from then on all day, every day. And now I feel fine. But I can't say that I am a happy person.
      MCR & PewDiePie are my life. :P
    • I have not been in a relationship yet.. But when there is someone I REALLY like.. I don't let myself get too attached to them. Because one day they may not like me anymore or they may turn out to be a real jerk. But if I do get in a relationship I won't be all like, Omigosh! You're the one!! Because I know that it is very unlikely at my age for someone to find "the one". So I don't let myself get attached to anybody.. But if I did go through a breakup, I would probably be sad for one day and move on. Even if I really liked the person. I know there are tons of nice people out there, so whatever.

Besides, I don't even mind being single. c:

The post was edited 1 time, last by SuukiChu ().