Songs that get you Emotional?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I definitely agree with your mention of "My Immortal" by Evanescence... However, I have always found "Lost in Paradise" (Evanescence) makes me more emotional... Also, "The Freshmen" by Verve Pipe, as well as "White Wedding" by Billy Idol, makes me miss the happy parts of my childhood (which were rare.) One I doubt anyone would recognize is "Demain" from Les Miserables (original French cast version.) It gives me that "A brighter future is coming" kind of feeling that makes my eyes water. "A Little Fall of Rain" (original English cast of Les Miserables) is sad too..... So sad... Lemme put it this way: 60% or so of the songs from the Les Miserables soundtracks (both original French and original English casts) stir emotion in me.

Now, the number one song on my list would have to be "Inside the Fire" by Disturbed.... It embodies my worst fear.... My girlfriend (who refuses to believe I love her) terrifies me. I can't get her to stop cutting herself, and I couldn't live without her..... :( So yeah.... The music video makes me so so so so so sad and scared....
      ~Leviathan

The post was edited 1 time, last by isavegas ().

• Fire wrote:

Would It Matter by Skillet

Because lots of times I wonder that. About if I die, would anyone care

Damn, I actually shed a tear at that... I had a near-death experience earlier so I actually almost broke down at that...
      In case you're wondering I slipped off my bike in the rain and cut my head and then a van missed me by centimetres :'|

isavegas wrote:

Now, the number one song on my list would have to be "Inside the Fire" by Disturbed.... It embodies my worst fear.... My girlfriend (who refuses to believe I love her) terrifies me. I can't get her to stop cutting herself, and I couldn't live without her..... :( So yeah.... The music video makes me so so so so so sad and scared....

Damn dude, someone has to be in a really dark place to self harm... just comfort her and help her through whatever is bothering, I know this sounds stupid but a lot of people find other ways to cope (and not always bad ways either)

I actually have a better top 3 most depressing songs now:

#3 - Believe in Nothing - All That Remains (Cover)
      [Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH3JjCpr6Aw[/Youtube]

#2 - Never Too Late - Three Days Grace
      [Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2ZwXj1tXM[/Youtube]

#1 - Lucy - Skillet
      [Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzturC1ZeE[/Youtube]
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • List of peculiar songs (that mak me cry evry tiem)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Song 1:
      There once was a time in my life where I was flippin' sad. Everything just seemed utterly empty, and that was just how I felt. I really just wished it was all over soon. It were serious dark, dark thoughts.
      I felt like this because I had finished high school and well, you HAD to chose a studie. And I just didn't know. I didn't look forward to college at all and wished I never had to chose.
      The craziest thoughts ran trough my mind like running of into the wild leaving my life behind. Just walking away from it all. I really couldn't take the pressure everyone put on me.
      I HAD to chose. This all caused allot of pain in me. And it made me chose wrongly.

Music helped me allot trough this period. Sometimes making me realize my sadness isn't that sad after all.

As mentioned by many on this thread: Mad world by Gary jules.
      youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
      I calmly sang along with lyrics. It soothed me. Made me realize most people have such times of depression.
      No, it didn't solve the problem. But it schrinked it in my mind. It all didn't seem so awfull anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song 2:

Before all that I was a young kid. But I took things very dead serious where most people didn't.
      Such as love. I was the happiest person in school, it seemed. Recently I had began a relation with a lovely girl from a town a bit away.
      Didn't see her to much but looking back now I realized I really loved her. ( Maybe because I love far to easily ).
      One weekend after seeing her we went a bit further for the first time. Lets say third base. I reckoned it HAD to be serious now.
      I was wrong...

After this weekend she called me, saying it couldn't work. I was confused... She might have as well stabbed me. I fell down against the wall of my room, realize I couldnt take that sadness without help.
      So I called upon my ancient friend; Music. I turned on my PC, volume to max so that I couldn't hear anything anymore.
      youtube.com/watch?v=g0bZtf5MCzY

Nine inch nails - Hurt.
      Later I found out she kissed with not one, not two, but three other guys that vacation. Dayum. I pondered about how she couldve done that to me.
      And I had loved her.
      How could she..
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song 3:

The emptiness from the story at point one didnt go away.
      As said I chose wrongly. I went out to be a history teacher. I returned after 3 months, quit it, and felt worse then ever.
      I did nothing and I still didn't know what to do with my life. So I got a job. At the godforsaken place called McDonalds. It was awfull.

Every time I went there it was as if I was going to waste another part of my life. I hated work and I hated the money I got from it.

One day on my way there I had just ... Aquired (Arrrrr) some songs from E.S. Posthumus. Best known for their epic musics.
      Then suddenly this song I never heard before came up.
      youtube.com/watch?v=G29Cz5oxA3A

Oraanu Pi - E.S. Posthumus.
      It made me feel so intensely happy that a spontanious smile bursted out whilst biking my way to the wretched place of slavery.
      The next couple of days it would keep doing that.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well those are some intense stories of my life, all dead serious. Music has had a great impact on me troughout heavy periods, but I decided to just name a few. Otherwise you'd be reading for a while now ;)
      I reckon some context makes you feel what I felt with the songs better.
      Also I got my own acoustic western guitar. Even though I never had lessons, who could express your emotions in a song better then yourself? Frankly for you guys I didn't record it. It was just songs forged in the moment of deepest depths. And making music calms down. It just does.

Regards, Vonkals
    • Skillet - Yours To Hold.
      I can relate it in 2 perspective: religious perspective and everyday life perspective.
      But, it's sadder when I relate it to my everyday life.. It's like my "love" story.
      I love a girl, my best friend for 7 years, but.. I still don't have the courage to say it to her.
      Yeah,, still stuck at the "Friend Zone".

And, like Fire said, Would It Matter by Skillet.

Formerly: Raven

YouTube Twitter Steam
    • 45 by Shinedown
      Second Chance by Shinedown
      Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars
      Reasons by Hoobastank

45 reminds me of when I want to die, Second Chance tells me that I need to tell my friends and family that I've done the best I can to make them realize this is my life, Hurricane makes me think of taking risks and you love someone soo much you would kill for them, and Reasons makes me think of everything I've done in my life that some I just don't have a reason for.
    • Emotional Penguin

My music preference changes from time to time but for the mean time here's my emotional songs.

The Fray - How To Save A Life
      The Fray - Look After You
      The Used - All That I Got
      Massive Attack- Paradise Circus
      Jack Off Jill - I Touch Myself

Well, I thinks that's all for the moment. :P
      Punk. Goth. Deers. Galaxy.
    • It is Pretty Emotional

Lyrics for the first Part :

Wild flower blossoming
      I beg of you tell me this so I know too
      Why do people fight?
      They all act as if it's right
      Don't they know
      That's no
      Way to live

Aa...

For the second Part:

I will no longer be loved
      Or needed by you
      And I’ll be alone, just like this

You always made me angry just like that
      And in the end I would cry
      But I loved
      how your face looked when you said, "I'm sorry"
      afterwards

Don’t let go
      Hug me tight, that’s right, with all your heart
      With our foreheads leaning against each other
      We fall asleep

PS: i Deleted it from another Section and put it here, Then put it in another Wrong Section....lol BUT NOW i guess this is the right one

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deadslash ().

• "You Are Not Alone" by Micheal Jackson. It reminds me of my dad. He died when I was 11. And also Hallelujah because The Voice did the most heart-wrenching tribute to the Sandy Hook victims with that song (it's just that version that makes me tear up) (just...watch the video) and "Ronan" by Taylor Swift (just listen to it)
      ❤ Grace