Favourite games of all time?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• All of megaman x games and basically any zombie games out there. but megaman was just my childhood (good old snes and play station days) i do have a huge list of favorite games of all times but theses are just the top ones.
      "To love some one gives you strength, to be loved by some one gives you courage."
      -My Wife 8|

My youtube channel: ZEROBREAK
    • There are a lot of them my friend

i really think that all games are great in their own way but if i had to name my favorites they would be
      Tekken
      Mortal Kombat
      Halo
      any Naruto game (awesome stories and fights)
      Digimon (loved that game whan i was little)
      Crash
      Sonic
      ect.

• 1.Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (May be cliche but it was the first game I played for over 100 hours)
      2.Minecraft (For the creative person in me)
      3.Guitar Hero (Love the music, I also play actual instruments :D)
      4.Red Dead Redemption (One of the greatest stories/games ever created)
      5.Walking Dead (So many feels)
      100% Canadian 8)
    • Borderlands and Borderlands 2 (FPS + RPG = RPS)
      No More Heroes (Cutting someone's limb to release a shower of blood is fun.)
      Guitar Hero and Rock Band ('cause I can't play any real intruments at all.)
      Red Dead Redemption (I kinda like the western theme.)
      Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (I really like the post-apocalyptic theme.)
      "If they didn't have One how would they act? If we didn't have hope how would we behave? Would they still feel remorse if they slaughtered innocent beings? Or is hope the only thing that keeps you sane?"
    • Final Fantasy 12: massive game with a genius battle system and game play in general, spent over 180 hours on it and still haven't done everything :P
      Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7: an actual masterpiece of a story and one that will leave you crying like a baby for ages after the credits have finished.
      Fallout 3 and New Vegas: love the apocalyptic feel of it and the sheer amount of great locations to explore is incredible :D
      Crash 3, Crash Bash and Spyro Year of the Dragon: 3 of my childhood games that are just brilliant :)
      "I will... never be a memory" -Sephiroth
    • Half Life series is my all time favourite, so disappointing that they stopped where they did, really hope they sort out a half life 3.
      Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of my favourite game stories, the interaction and decision making with the in depth story with so many perspectives just makes it so perfect, only issue is the gameplay gets a bit repetitive with the fact that pressing against a wall and shooting around the corner pretty much solves every combat situation.
      Halo series is another favourite of mine, the story is brilliant and is one of the very few futuristic sci-fi games that has a story that is realistic enough to emerse players properly. Only issue is how it started, halo combat evolved is an amazing game but the characters didn't really feel like they had much of a personality, nothing to relate to, John 117 was quiet and emotionless (although i guess that's hat they wanted to portray), Halo 2 they gave other characters more personalised feelings but yet John still seemed like just a big metal bloke. Halo 3 was also a bit emotionless but Cortana finally had the perfect personality, and John started to emote and seem more like a character than a metal bloke. Then it started getting brilliant, Halo Reach gave some of the best story gameplay ever, all characters could be related to, they all had personalities and it started to feel real again, Halo ODST was a refreshing change with the different styled fighting tactics and the character switching to view a story from all the characters eyes. And finally what really perfected everything was Halo 4, the story was one of the best game stories ever, John was perfect, finally had emotion and he talks more and portrays more feelings with a likeable personality, Cortana was as perfect as she could get with life like emotions actually making us feel sympathy for what her and John were going through, but after the game had become so perfect they had to ruin it with the ending (won't say the ending for those readers who have yet to play the game). So with Halo's shattered ending i cannot make the games my most favourite games of all time, Half Life will always be my all time favourite
      We used to wrestle Hunters to the ground with our bare hands! I used to kill ten, twenty a day, just using my fists!
    • Requiem wrote:

Half Life series is my all time favourite, so disappointing that they stopped where they did, really hope they sort out a half life 3.

My favourite game has to be Goldeneye 64, it literally revolutionized the face of FPS games, it brought up different weapon mechanisms that are admittedly really unique, had soundtrack inspred from the Goldeneye James bond film which was expertly compsed, and THAT MULTIPLAYER MODE GOD DAMN. The amounts of tiems oddjob killed my with the golden gun or i have accidentaly walked into my one proximity mines.....ah memories.

• Emmm, i am sure in my list has to be:
      GTA vice city (i don't care if tommy can't swimg XD)
      Age of empires 2
      Far Cry 2 and 3
      Serious sam 1 and 3
      Call of duty black ops 2
      Imperium 2
      Black (the game of the playstation 2)
      resident evil 4
      and i have to add Hitman blood money or hitman sillent assessin.
      I think that's all, my favourite games