A part of the real story.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• A part of the real story.

I'm gonna tell you a part of the real story about why I'm mad at my father.

I have a depression. He doesn't understand that even though I've told him. I'm eating medicine and stuff for it and so on.
      He is one of the reasons for my depression. Of course I have not told him that. I'm so scared of him. I don't want to be alone with him because I'm afraid that he will rage and eventually hit me. That has happened before. Do you know how it's like to be afraid of your own father?

I hate my class in school and sometimes I just cant go.
      I have one friend in real life and she lives far away from me. She is my best friend and the only one whom I trust till 100%.
      Because of the lack of friends I am very lonely and therefore the computer is one of the most important things for me, besides my niece and nephew. I never go out unless it's for school or my parents make me.
      If I had a dog I would get company and exercise so I have a reason for wanting a dog. It seems to me that my father does not want me to get better.

I'm not spoiled or anything like that, I just want to get better.
      I don't wanna be this depressed, sensitive person that I am.

Oh well. It's not like anybody really cares about my story but I just wanted to tell you a part of my life.
      I have not failed. I have just found 10 000 ways that do not work.
    • I know how it is to be scared of your own father, when i was young i got beaten alot by my dad.
      But its your parent and he loves you and cares about you. If you maybe told him that you are afraid of he getting mad, telling how you are feeling about a possible situation and make him feel like you do by words, i think he'll understand - Hopefully he does.

I have talked with you about the loneliness part a bit, but there must be some legit reason why people are avoiding you to that extent that you feel uncomfortable to not go to school. I dont have any advice on this part because i havent found the core of the problem.

About the dog part, have you told him the reasons you want a dog?
      Simply blaming your parent to not wanting you to get better is wrong to say if say. If he literally said that something is terribly wrong with your dad.
      If you told him about your depression and gave him all the reasons, he might just consider it.
      If i were some kind of parent, i'd do anything to help my child, but that can be because i've been through all of shit. (Like any other teenager nowadays)

Well if you want to talk, you know where i am :)
    • Br00tal wrote:

I have talked with you about the loneliness part a bit, but there must be some legit reason why people are avoiding you to that extent that you feel uncomfortable to not go to school. I dont have any advice on this part because i havent found the core of the problem.

I can actually answer that, her personality is the problem
      Fractal Design R3, Win7, I7 2600k @ 4,6GHz, Noctua NH-U12P, 16Gb vengeance LP,
      Nvidia GTX 780 , Asrock P67 pro3, Force GT SSD 120GB, BenQ 24" (LED) + Hyndai 22", Logitech G110, Qpad QH-90, Razer Deathadder 2013
    • Well, still better than being chased with a gun *true story
      But what I did , and it helped me was: listening parodies , be happy , ALWAYS be optimistic.
      Even when I had to flee w/ my brother and mother I was kind of happy.( I was like " hey at least I've got an exciting childhood)
      And I was never sad, ever. I could tell you a lot of things, which was even worse and yet I turned out to be... oh...fuck I'm screwed :D
      just kidding. point is: some ppl had even worse childhood but they handled it pretty well, if u can do that as well, that's good :)
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?
    • Bundyclan wrote:

Well, still better than being chased with a gun *true story
      But what I did , and it helped me was: listening parodies , be happy , ALWAYS be optimistic.
      Even when I had to flee w/ my brother and mother I was kind of happy.( I was like " hey at least I've got an exciting childhood)
      And I was never sad, ever. I could tell you a lot of things, which was even worse and yet I turned out to be... oh...fuck I'm screwed :D
      just kidding. point is: some ppl had even worse childhood but they handled it pretty well, if u can do that as well, that's good :)

O.O I see.. It's good that it turned out good for you c:

Inzanity; Don't write in this thread if you're gonna be like that.
    • i know how you feel...

I know how you feel about being lonely and having little friends, I really do :( Not so much the father bit, but he does annoy me some :P Sometimes i hate having to go into school cause I just dont have anyone to talk to :/ But im gonna hang in the until collage 8o
    • Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Not that it's important, but my relationship with my own father was quite similar to yours when I was younger. You feel like you just can't reason with him and once you open your mouth he'll just snap? You could just ask if there's anything to eat in the fridge and he'll find a reason to yell at you?

My dad used to be very aggressive as well but he changed. Maybe because I learned to stand up to him and show that I won't let myself be kicked around just like that. I don't know if this is a good advice because your father's used physical violence against you, but the first time I yelled at my dad and showed him that HEY, I CAN BE AGGRESSIVE TOO, was both terrible and also a big relief. I remember being so scared after realizing what I had done and later on we had one of our biggest fights (he was close to punching me, but my mom got in between us). I remember how awful that situation was but that doesn't matter one bit, because that moment taught me self-respect. Okay, he's your father and you should respect him, but he should also realize that you're a young lady who needs both his respect and support.

You might say that you're really sensitive and scared of your father (hell, I was a real pussy when I was younger), but I'm telling you that the more you stand up to him, the stronger and less afraid you'll be.

P.S. Now-a-days me and my dad are best buddies, I wouldn't have believed that let's say five years ago.
    • sillysoul wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Not that it's important, but my relationship with my own father was quite similar to yours when I was younger. You feel like you just can't reason with him and once you open your mouth he'll just snap? You could just ask if there's anything to eat in the fridge and he'll find a reason to yell at you?

My dad used to be very aggressive as well but he changed. Maybe because I learned to stand up to him and show that I won't let myself be kicked around just like that. I don't know if this is a good advice because your father's used physical violence against you, but the first time I yelled at my dad and showed him that HEY, I CAN BE AGGRESSIVE TOO, was both terrible and also a big relief. I remember being so scared after realizing what I had done and later on we had one of our biggest fights (he was close to punching me, but my mom got in between us). I remember how awful that situation was but that doesn't matter one bit, because that moment taught me self-respect. Okay, he's your father and you should respect him, but he should also realize that you're a young lady who needs both his respect and support.

You might say that you're really sensitive and scared of your father (hell, I was a real pussy when I was younger), but I'm telling you that the more you stand up to him, the stronger and less afraid you'll be.

P.S. Now-a-days me and my dad are best buddies, I wouldn't have believed that let's say five years ago.

I'm 18..
    • I'm sorry to hear that, hun.
      You can always talk to me, sweetheart C:
      We all love you though, Miss. Voldie C':
      <3

Strenth is also your greatest weakness, so before you can be strong, learn your physical weakness
      " Courage is almost a contradiction in terms . It means a strong desire to live taking in the form of a readiness to die "