A part of the real story.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• You'll figure it out. Depression is a hard thing to deal with, I struggled with it and being bullied from junior high to high school and I just kept going forward because that's all I knew to do. Just take it a day at a time and find something to distract you. Start reading a new book series, watching a new show, anything that occupies your mind for a little while. Those little breaks can mean the world and maybe even give you some time to finally find yourself.
    • wow, i did not know how insensitive some bros could be until i read this tread. *cough* InZanity *cough* .

My advise to you would be to not try to attach to your dad, if you have tried and failed, don't chance the hurt. i suggest you find a bro you could PM when times get hard and you know would give you good advise and be there for you through thick and thin. apparently not all bros are kind, but i trust in your ability to find a great friend. your a smart and very strong woman, don't let anyone tell you different. have a good weekend.
      Invinsibility is in defence; The possibility of victory in the attack.

-Sun Tzu
    • TheDubstepper wrote:

wow, i did not know how insensitive some bros could be until i read this tread. *cough* InZanity *cough* .

reading is a great skill isn't it.

Anywho, imho, it is just to personality. Probably from being socially awkward, or whatever else.
      I'm starting to see a bit more of "I'm alone, :[" posts.
      You aren't alone, suck it up and see if you can't join any clubs or what-not, find people who like what you like. Can't always escape to the interwebs all the time y'know.
      Oh, can't forget music. That's always there to bring you up when you're down.

Also, isn't there some sort of CPS around to prevent child abuse?

ココロオドル
    • bLanK.facE wrote:

TheDubstepper wrote:

wow, i did not know how insensitive some bros could be until i read this tread. *cough* InZanity *cough* .

Anywho, imho, it is just to personality. Probably from being socially awkward, or whatever else.
      I'm starting to see a bit more of "I'm alone, :[" posts.
      You aren't alone, suck it up and see if you can't join any clubs or what-not, find people who like what you like. Can't always escape to the interwebs all the time y'know.
      Oh, can't forget music. That's always there to bring you up when you're down.

Also, isn't there some sort of CPS around to prevent child abuse?

Trust me, I have tried. ;P I played soccer when I was younger. I had to quit because I was alone ;P
      I have not failed. I have just found 10 000 ways that do not work.
    • Apocalypgloss wrote:

You'll figure it out. Depression is a hard thing to deal with, I struggled with it and being bullied from junior high to high school and I just kept going forward because that's all I knew to do. Just take it a day at a time and find something to distract you. Start reading a new book series, watching a new show, anything that occupies your mind for a little while. Those little breaks can mean the world and maybe even give you some time to finally find yourself.

I'm reading alot and I'm watching plenty of series already.
    • Crazy idea, just throwing it out there, feel free to throw it back. How about joining some sort of self defense or martial arts classes like karate? Exercise and discipline is good for depression, plus you might not need to be so afraid of your dad anymore? As i said, just throwing it out there :D.
    • Widge wrote:

Crazy idea, just throwing it out there, feel free to throw it back. How about joining some sort of self defense or martial arts classes like karate? Exercise and discipline is good for depression, plus you might not need to be so afraid of your dad anymore? As i said, just throwing it out there :D.

Been thinking about stuff like that but I've got a problem. I can't run, jump and so on because of a problem I have with my body so yeah..
    • LordVoldemort wrote:

Widge wrote:

Crazy idea, just throwing it out there, feel free to throw it back. How about joining some sort of self defense or martial arts classes like karate? Exercise and discipline is good for depression, plus you might not need to be so afraid of your dad anymore? As i said, just throwing it out there :D.

Been thinking about stuff like that but I've got a problem. I can't run, jump and so on because of a problem I have with my body so yeah..

missing out on all the fun. :<

ココロオドル
    • bLanK.facE wrote:

LordVoldemort wrote:

Widge wrote:

missing out on all the fun. :<

Yeah, but hey, I've got a reason for being inside so much xD
    • Would you mind if you tell us more about relationship between your dad and you? Is he cold, heartless, abusive, alcoholic or something else? What happens between you and your dad should be a wake up call, to either get some counseling with him or get away from him. You and your dad's mental and physical health are at stake! You already said you have niece, how about you tell her your problems? Telling it online will make you feel temporary better, but not permanently, you need someone in real life.
      I used to be like you in my teen years, I was in my room 99% of the time. I gave up on college, friends, everything i ever had except my computer and internet, I won't say what stuff I did, but believe me you are happy compared to me back then. I was like that from age 18 to age 21. I'm 23 now. I started to listen a lot to metal, watched animes and movies with motivation. It kinda boosted me to move on, because only YOU are important in this life, in the end you live to make most out of your life. Took me whole 3 years to realize that. I signed up academy, graduated, got a job with good pay.
      You just need to find your inner self, depression is a state of mind. If I was able to get over such horrible pain for 3 years of inner prison and full time depression you can too, everything is possible you just need willpower and motivation.
      I'm a Dragon ball series addict (I know every single thing in it). Watched it every day! Might sound silly, but Vegeta the character from there, gave me strength too... hey, if we move in life it doesn't matter what makes us feel good, as long as we succeed :P.
      You love horror movies, horror stories, horror games. Have you ever thought to switch to something happier for a while? FORCE YOURSELF to like it, it will help. I LOVE everything related to paranormal horror, yet I still watch/read happier stuff to stay sane xD.

Well, I can write like this day and night, but if you need any advice what to do just know I will do my best to help you... even if I need to look into my past, believe me I went through worse. I love helping people who have problems, cause I would hate that someone feels the way I did. Not even to my worse enemy I would wish such experience. Feel free to ask me anything.

"Black tongues speak faster than the car can crash
      You supply the rumors, and I'll provide the wrath"
    • TheBirthdayMassacre wrote:

Would you mind if you tell us more about relationship between your dad and you? Is he cold, heartless, abusive, alcoholic or something else? What happens between you and your dad should be a wake up call, to either get some counseling with him or get away from him. You and your dad's mental and physical health are at stake! You already said you have niece, how about you tell her your problems? Telling it online will make you feel temporary better, but not permanently, you need someone in real life.
      I used to be like you in my teen years, I was in my room 99% of the time. I gave up on college, friends, everything i ever had except my computer and internet, I won't say what stuff I did, but believe me you are happy compared to me back then. I was like that from age 18 to age 21. I'm 23 now. I started to listen a lot to metal, watched animes and movies with motivation. It kinda boosted me to move on, because only YOU are important in this life, in the end you live to make most out of your life. Took me whole 3 years to realize that. I signed up academy, graduated, got a job with good pay.
      You just need to find your inner self, depression is a state of mind. If I was able to get over such horrible pain for 3 years of inner prison and full time depression you can too, everything is possible you just need willpower and motivation.
      I'm a Dragon ball series addict (I know every single thing in it). Watched it every day! Might sound silly, but Vegeta the character from there, gave me strength too... hey, if we move in life it doesn't matter what makes us feel good, as long as we succeed :P.
      You love horror movies, horror stories, horror games. Have you ever thought to switch to something happier for a while? FORCE YOURSELF to like it, it will help. I LOVE everything related to paranormal horror, yet I still watch/read happier stuff to stay sane xD.

Well, I can write like this day and night, but if you need any advice what to do just know I will do my best to help you... even if I need to look into my past, believe me I went through worse. I love helping people who have problems, cause I would hate that someone feels the way I did. Not even to my worse enemy I would wish such experience. Feel free to ask me anything.

My niece is two. And the relationship between me and my father is pretty good when he's not angry.. And it says "a PART of the story." I've been through alot more than just the whole father-thing.
      And I don't watch horror all the time. I watch comedy, romantic and so on..
    • well, this is funny, i mean not stories, but what kind of nowdays problems have some people, when mostly don't even reailzed there is always someone who have even worse life than anyone of us, so if you have a problem, solve THAT for yourself. I realized that already when i was 12 (it seriously hit me), from then on I wasn't even social, I was uh... in "gray area". as depression, sad and other negative s**t, use it, don't throw it away, not same as said masacrebirthday.
    • Lucifer wrote:

well, this is funny, i mean not stories, but what kind of nowdays problems have some people, when mostly don't even reailzed there is always someone who have even worse life than anyone of us, so if you have a problem, solve THAT for yourself. I realized that already when i was 12 (it seriously hit me), from then on I wasn't even social, I was uh... in "gray area". as depression, sad and other negative s**t, use it, don't throw it away, not same as said masacrebirthday.

What are you trying to say? ...