Meh music

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Well, when I was young, my mom got married to a guy. He, honestly, was a pothead, low life, prick. Can't believe she let's my lil' bros see them.
      Anyway, he listened to shit like ICP, Fallout Boy, and shit like that. I look back and I'm like "...Ew"
      (Now, if you like any of these bands, don't be offended, I won't judge you.)
      So, they divorced about 4 years later, and my mom, my brothers and I live with my grandma, and then my mom starts seeing this guy. He's really cool, caring, and shit. I didn't really have a music taste at this point.

Once they've been dating for about 6 months, we are driving in his car, and suddenly System of a Down comes on.
      Amazed, I asked who they are. He tells me, and I immediately fall in love. He, and them, introduced me to the metal(And sub categories such as thrash metal, a little punk, death metal, glamour metal and such) genre. To this day, I listen to so many metal bands. Now, I still love other genres like folk, alternative, electronica, a little dubstep, rarely any country, but it happens. But, ever since I was 10, I've been in a metal craze. No matter what I said, or what I felt like, I'd always have to say SOAD is my favorite band. If I listed all of the best bands, I'd take days to post this, but these are my top metal choices.
      System of a Down, Snot, Acid Bath, Alice in Chains, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Machine Head, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
      Other genres include AWOLNATION, mewithoutYou, Mumford and Sons, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, and such.

I know, my music taste is strange for a soon to be 14 yearold, but, yeah. Fuck you. :) I would explain the qualities of SOAD, their political stance, why they are so powerful, and such. But, nah.
      Bye.
    • Ah, a fellow metalhead! <3
      I have a few band suggestions for you in that case then :p Bare in mind a lot of these might be hit and miss if you're quite select but I'm like you, I listen to a little of every genre!

The Black Dahlia Murder - Death Metal band that you should really give a listen to if you're having one of those days in which you just want to see ever f**ker burn...
      Top 3 Songs: What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse, I'm Charming, Miasma

All That Remains - Heavy verses, melodic choruses and been my favourite band since I first discovered them in late 2006
      Top 3 Songs: Chiron, Become the Catalyst, Six

Delain - A recent discovery that I made, they're gothic metal and one of their songs just WILL NOT get out of my head -.-
      Top 3 Songs: The Gathering, We Are The Others, Go Away

Amaranthe - Another recent discovery for me, can't really describe them but their singer is hot! (Not as hot as Delain's singer tbh :3)
      Top 3 Songs: Hunger, 1'000'000 Lightyears, Leave Everything Behind

Steel Panther - If you're anything like me when I was 13/14 you'll LOVE this band, they're a mock modern day 80s glam rock band that sing about sex... and they're METAL... what's not to love!?
      Top 3 Songs: Turn Out The Lights (ft. Matt Shadows - Avenged Sevenfold), Tomorrow Night, Eyes of a Panther

Avenged Sevenfold - Some people say overated, others say they suck, I say they f**king rock! Really a hit and miss band but they're worth a listen
      Top 3 Songs: I wouldn't be able to choose, there are a LOT of songs they have that are just brilliant... listen to their albums City of Evil, Nightmare and Waking the Fallen

Escape The Fate - meh, you might like them... I keep going off them for some reason
      Top 3 Songs: The Webs We Weave, Ten Miles Wide, The Guillotine Part 2 (This War is Ours)

Three Days Grace - What most people would class as an emo band and heck, they are! But their songs have (as pathetic as it sounds) helped me through some darker days
      Top 3 Songs: Time of Dying, Never Too Late, Animal I Have Become
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • TheDubstepper wrote:

Datsik, nuff said :)

Datsik? O.O

RunescapeHullFanatic wrote:

Ah, a fellow metalhead! <3
      I have a few band suggestions for you in that case then :p Bare in mind a lot of these might be hit and miss if you're quite select but I'm like you, I listen to a little of every genre!

The Black Dahlia Murder - Death Metal band that you should really give a listen to if you're having one of those days in which you just want to see ever f**ker burn...
      Top 3 Songs: What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse, I'm Charming, Miasma

All That Remains - Heavy verses, melodic choruses and been my favourite band since I first discovered them in late 2006
      Top 3 Songs: Chiron, Become the Catalyst, Six

Delain - A recent discovery that I made, they're gothic metal and one of their songs just WILL NOT get out of my head -.-
      Top 3 Songs: The Gathering, We Are The Others, Go Away

Amaranthe - Another recent discovery for me, can't really describe them but their singer is hot! (Not as hot as Delain's singer tbh :3)
      Top 3 Songs: Hunger, 1'000'000 Lightyears, Leave Everything Behind

Steel Panther - If you're anything like me when I was 13/14 you'll LOVE this band, they're a mock modern day 80s glam rock band that sing about sex... and they're METAL... what's not to love!?
      Top 3 Songs: Turn Out The Lights (ft. Matt Shadows - Avenged Sevenfold), Tomorrow Night, Eyes of a Panther

Avenged Sevenfold - Some people say overated, others say they suck, I say they f**king rock! Really a hit and miss band but they're worth a listen
      Top 3 Songs: I wouldn't be able to choose, there are a LOT of songs they have that are just brilliant... listen to their albums City of Evil, Nightmare and Waking the Fallen

Escape The Fate - meh, you might like them... I keep going off them for some reason
      Top 3 Songs: The Webs We Weave, Ten Miles Wide, The Guillotine Part 2 (This War is Ours)

Heard of Steel Panther, Avenged Seven Fold, and Escape the Fate. Might check out the others. :]
    • Tool and A Perfect Circle are great bands!

If you want to check out something new and broaden your metal taste, check out Animals as Leaders. I must say that Tosin Abasi is one of the most talented guitarists I've heard play both live and on record. If you like them, go straight to Chimp Spanner.
    • sillysoul wrote:

Tool and A Perfect Circle are great bands!

If you want to check out something new and broaden your metal taste, check out Animals as Leaders. I must say that Tosin Abasi is one of the most talented guitarists I've heard play both live and on record. If you like them, go straight to Chimp Spanner.

I shall check them out. :3
      And I honestly think that Daron Malakian is my personal favorite guitarist. :3