No dog - No piercing - No tattoo.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I haven't read the whole thread, but here is my advice:

Deal with it.

He is your father! He made you. He took care of you. He changed your diapers. He gives you food.
      You should be thanking him for all this!

And you're all like "I wanna move out, but i also want him to pay my bills!"

WFT girl?
    • ady007 wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, but here is my advice:

Deal with it.

He is your father! He made you. He took care of you. He changed your diapers. He gives you food.

WFT girl?
      He actually have responsibility to take care of me even if I don't live at home. As long as I'm in school, that is.
      And you don't know my father. I would actually rather be dead than his daughter. <.<
      I have not failed. I have just found 10 000 ways that do not work.
    • LordVoldemort wrote:

I would actually rather be dead than his daughter. <.<
      Now, Do you really mean that? I do not know your father but i'm willing to bet he wants only what is best for you. I have a great relationship with my father and i love him with all my heart. I believe everything he has to say is for my best interest. And try looking through his eyes once and a while. Empathy is a great tool. I hope that you will be able to work things out. I trust that you can. Have a great week. :)
      Invinsibility is in defence; The possibility of victory in the attack.

-Sun Tzu
    • LordVoldemort wrote:

ady007 wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, but here is my advice:

Deal with it.

WFT girl?
      He actually have responsibility to take care of me even if I don't live at home. As long as I'm in school, that is.
      And you don't know my father. I would actually rather be dead than his daughter. <.<
      Do you have different laws than us? Directly when you is 18 in Sweden, you can decide everything yourself. Your parents lose the power to keep you in School. They do not need to sign your papers as you can sign them for yourself and they can't tell you to not do anything you want.
      Still, if you live in their house, you must keep to their rules. Do you survive a couple of years without a pet?
    • I was typing a reply and upset myself for a second here... could it be I'm turning into a complete jerk grown up when I think "it's his house so he can say what he wants"?

...but you know what. "My house, my rules, my opinions" ...it is kind of bullshit. I mean a dad is suppose to be someone who doesn't judge. The only thing he can say something about is the pets... but rest... nah. I think you should just try aim towards moving out.
    • Your dad doesn't sound horrible in fact I think he sounds really good :/ He just doesn't want to see his kid get into trouble probably. About pets though, they're a big responsibility. There's someone down my street who goes through pets like they were toys :( Their old cat is a stray now and spends a lot of time here :o Also if your dad has a cat that could be a reason why he doesn't want to get a dog. Saying you'd rather be dead than be his daughter is a bit much if this is all you have to complain about, could be a lot worse.
    • You should also remember the worst thing you can do is think that you can rebel by coming home with a new piercing or a tattoo to "make a point" because if he's a man of his word, I doubt you'd think it's a good idea for very long... however harsh it may seem it may also be because he can't accept the fact that you're growing up. As I said before my mum was more or less the same and if I got a piercing or an on-show tattoo I'd be kicked out so fast I wouldn't even know it.
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • The thing is, we already have a cat ;P
      We had two but one moved to my grandma, she didn't like the other cat.

It's like he's a dictator because neither me or my mum is allowed to decide if I can get a dog or not.

And besides, a dog would really help me in so many ways be he doesn't get that <.<
      I have not failed. I have just found 10 000 ways that do not work.
    • LordVoldemort wrote:

I know how you feel about this matter.
      Afaik, i think your dad haves the same mindset as mine. My house, my rules.
      In my opinion thats fucking wrong. If you are 18+ you have the rights to do what you want.
      Still you study and live at home. If you live at home, parents rule still apply.
      So you gotta move out to get it.
      And its hard as fuck to get an apartment, so i'd recommend you to find a place and start queuing for one.
      I've been in the queue for 3 years i need 2½ more before i even have a chance getting one.

Thou, our scenarios are way different when i can just do it and my parents rage about for one week and then gets over it.
      the egocentricity strikes again.

Edit: If your mom doesnt have any vote in decisions made, something is terribly wrong.
      Make her step up and claim some fucking ground that she actually deserves.
      Nothing works if its a dictatorship, i promise you because i know.
    • Dogs are a lot harder to care for than cats, and he may not be up to the responsibility. Yes, you may be, but as I think you stated, you're in school. And if your mom works while you're in school, then who's left to take care of the dog? He is. I don't know your financial situation in the household, so he might not be able to afford having another animal in the house.

As for the piercings/tattoos, I won't say "move out" because I know 100% it isn't easy to do so. The better option is to just wait for that time when you are out of the house, and then get those things. Focus on finding a steady job and THEN getting those things, that way you won't risk not getting hired due to the body art. I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 18, and I only have the two I have now because they are sentimental. I wouldn't be allowed to have them otherwise. My mom is the same way when it comes to me getting a lip ring. She is not allowing me to get one until I move out or at least have a job, which I understand and respect.

Your father may be making the decisions about the body art because he knows in "normal" society it isn't "presentable". And really does make it harder to find a job. Most important thing is DON'T BE A REBEL. Don't get one any way because that doesn't show your father anything except the fact that you disrespect him, and that wouldn't be good for either of you. I know he may not be the best father, but until you are able to move out, you have to respect his authority otherwise you risk getting kicked out :/ (been there done that and it sucks majorly). So I say just hold through it the best you can, and in time things will work out better.
    • Your body, your choices. Your dog, your parent house. Your dad only wants to look after the best for you (allthough he may be wrong in some cases i guess. Parents aren't perfect either!) Have you even had a dog before? It is A LOT of resposebility, and I guess your dad doesn't want to have more chaos into his life when the dogs drags in mud, chases the cat, howl at night, pees on the floor, and constantly needing attention as a puppy. Its like having a child! Try asking him what if you where pregnant. Would that be any better? That is ofc another discussion if he wanted you to do an abortion or not....

I first got a dog when I was living in my own appartment, and ye.....my dad never wanted a dog, so I just waited until I lived on my own!
      Visit my YouTube channel: Here
      "I think this is stupid, and I know it is retarded, and if anybody saw this they would laugh at me for being an idiot."........*Hits record button*