Please be a bro to me.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Please be a bro to me.

ok, now before you read this it is a stupid sob story, which unfortunately is bitterly true and I really do need help from forum users or the man pewds himself...

If you don't want to read the whole story skip to the end for a short summary.

basically, my life has been taken away from me and I know it sounds pretty pathetic, but I do all of my schoolwork on my computer, I do all the work I get paid for on my computer, I do the YouTube commentary's on my computer and worst of all the gaming on my computer.

one of the USB ports is partially ripped out and the screen isn't the screen for my laptop that broke long ago when the dog stood on it, so it's held to the lid of the laptop with ducktape and sellotape and a crapload of luck.

currently the drivers are all fucked, with everything reading server execution failed or all my files are corrupted, need re-installing or are deleted. So I've lost all my work for the semester (school year) currently seem to be fucked with my GCSE situation now that I have no work at all to show to my teacher and I can't stay behind school to finish because I have to get two buses and a train home, so I can't miss those times or I walk. and I live quite far away.

My computer can't render anything, play minecraft or even open microsoft word, I am in dire need of a replacement, but our family has a single working parent in a shit job, and the only way I can help contribute is by selling intro's, story dialogue, backgrounds, animation, music and other services online seeing as I'm underage to work in my country.

so please if you could donate anything at all, even a couple of dollars just message me, it would mean so damn much, I literally have nothing now and am so screwed for the future if I don't have my computer to produce school work.

conclusion

for those of you who didn't want the whole sob story, my computers royally fucked. It was my job, my television, where I did schoolwork, recorded for my YouTube and gamed. It's completely broken beyond repair, I've tried everything believe me. and I need a replacement, SOON or I'm going to fail three exams this year and not have enough points to return to school.
  • There are some things you haven't made clear. First of all what is the situation with your parents? You are doing GCSEs, which means you are in high school, so you can't be any older than 16. Can your parents not help you find or pay for another PC? Seeing as you are in school you can also use the school computers to do your school work. I did this during my GCSEs and it helped me a lot.

The main problem is the money situation. You are probably under 16 as I said, which means you can't apply for any proper part time jobs but then again your school work is more important than your Youtube channel or gaming. You channel only has three videos on it as of now, so I wouldn't worry that much about it.

It is coming up to Christmas, so I would say that you should turn to your parents for an awesome christmas present PC. Now I don't know if you have some kind of inter family problems, so I apologize if this doesn't help you.

I am going to stick with the Christmas/ Parents way of getting this sorted. Sure top notch computer are expensive, but I took the easy route and bought a custom PC for £800...five years ago. I am still using that exact same PC and it can run everything from Crysis to Starcraft 2 to whatever. I also use it as my business computer for my illustration job and also do my game capturing on it. Seeing as you are in the UK, that means you can order from the site and get a cheap as chips computer. This site is overclockers.co.uk/

I don't know if we are allowed to link to things like this but seeing as I am trying to help you out, it means that it should be allowed. This site is GREAT for low price custom rigs and I can recommend a couple that will probably drop down in price in more when christmas comes.

First there is this one Titan Trinity Alpha for a starting price of £461: overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-127-OP

There is also this Titan 8000a Krypt for £452. I actually think my friend bought this one and he is playing Crysis 2 on it, so it is pretty good I guess: overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK

If you want to go a little higher there is this beast, which is called a Titan Monk MK2 (Yeah the names get a little weird lol): overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-253-OE

Anyway these are all pretty affordable and I am sure there are even cheaper ones as that was just from looking at the homepage. I believe you can upgrade the rig too if you ever need to replace something. Either way I hope this helps. It did for me when I went to university and my gaming laptop crapped out :-/
    There is always time for muffins.
  • Noirproxy wrote:

There are some things you haven't made clear. First of all what is the situation with your parents? You are doing GCSEs, which means you are in high school, so you can't be any older than 16. Can your parents not help you find or pay for another PC? Seeing as you are in school you can also use the school computers to do your school work. I did this during my GCSEs and it helped me a lot.

The main problem is the money situation. You are probably under 16 as I said, which means you can't apply for any proper part time jobs but then again your school work is more important than your Youtube channel or gaming. You channel only has three videos on it as of now, so I wouldn't worry that much about it.

It is coming up to Christmas, so I would say that you should turn to your parents for an awesome christmas present PC. Now I don't know if you have some kind of inter family problems, so I apologize if this doesn't help you.

I am going to stick with the Christmas/ Parents way of getting this sorted. Sure top notch computer are expensive, but I took the easy route and bought a custom PC for £800...five years ago. I am still using that exact same PC and it can run everything from Crysis to Starcraft 2 to whatever. I also use it as my business computer for my illustration job and also do my game capturing on it. Seeing as you are in the UK, that means you can order from the site and get a cheap as chips computer. This site is overclockers.co.uk/

I don't know if we are allowed to link to things like this but seeing as I am trying to help you out, it means that it should be allowed. This site is GREAT for low price custom rigs and I can recommend a couple that will probably drop down in price in more when christmas comes.

First there is this one Titan Trinity Alpha for a starting price of £461: overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-127-OP

There is also this Titan 8000a Krypt for £452. I actually think my friend bought this one and he is playing Crysis 2 on it, so it is pretty good I guess: overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK

If you want to go a little higher there is this beast, which is called a Titan Monk MK2 (Yeah the names get a little weird lol): overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-253-OE

Anyway these are all pretty affordable and I am sure there are even cheaper ones as that was just from looking at the homepage. I believe you can upgrade the rig too if you ever need to replace something. Either way I hope this helps. It did for me when I went to university and my gaming laptop crapped out :-/

Noirproxy wrote:

There are some things you haven't made clear. First of all what is the situation with your parents? You are doing GCSEs, which means you are in high school, so you can't be any older than 16. Can your parents not help you find or pay for another PC? Seeing as you are in school you can also use the school computers to do your school work. I did this during my GCSEs and it helped me a lot.

*single parent in a bad job...so the money we do have go's towards like keeping our house. or y'now. food for example... plus I can't upgrade this, I've tried it's just beyond repair and I honestly don't have the money to replace it but nothing is working but the internet pretty much.

and I can't use the school computers...first of all they're not from this century. second of all anything I load for school that I need, photoshop, circuit wizard etc. just makes the computer emit a loud noise from the fan then it switches off.

thanks for the link to the site but that's not any sort of budget for me right now...I only have £130 saved up for a new one, and as I mentioned I'm going to fail two GCSE classes because I have nothing to do the work on and can't stay behind after school to use the first computers ever released by windows anyway ._.
  • Xebaz wrote:

Wobblematic wrote:

Xebaz wrote:

Wobblematic wrote:

Can't you do some chores in your neighbourhood? Like wash cars, clean shit in other houses or something?

Its cold outside washing cars is probably not that great of an idea right now.

It was just an idea, I also said cleaning stuff in other houses as you might have noticed.

I know thats why i only named the car wash ... that you might have noticed....

pretty much trying to help this guy getting money by naming some chores he could do, oke washing cars might not be the best option, but why don't you help this kid out? I haven't seen you posting any options, right?

"People will laugh at your dreams, then hate you when you made them come true."
  • Wobblematic wrote:

Xebaz wrote:

Wobblematic wrote:

Xebaz wrote:

Wobblematic wrote:

Can't you do some chores in your neighbourhood? Like wash cars, clean shit in other houses or something?

Its cold outside washing cars is probably not that great of an idea right now.

It was just an idea, I also said cleaning stuff in other houses as you might have noticed.

I know thats why i only named the car wash ... that you might have noticed....

pretty much trying to help this guy getting money by naming some chores he could do, oke washing cars might not be the best option, but why don't you help this kid out? I haven't seen you posting any options, right?

Because i can't help him either, i have money problems myself and i have no idea for him to get money. I have my way to get moeny tho but there isn't really a chance to do what i do to get money. And i would help him to send him money but my sisters birthday is comming up so i need the money.